Home exercise equipment | INFJ Forum

Home exercise equipment

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What are some of the best, most effective and inexpensive forms of home exercise equipment you use?

I want to buy a few exercise equipment for home, but it needs to be cost effective.

Include pics if you can.

Thx.

Well, this depends on your goals.
Build muscle or lose weight?

You can use your own body weight for many many exercises. Other than that, this is the only thing I use:

220px-TwoDumbbells.JPG

A fancy piece of equipment will only motivate you to exercise as long as it feels new and fancy. About a week. But I guess you already know that. :)

I know they can be pretty expensive, but I think treadmills are the way to go.
I do understand the whole cost effective aspect.

a couch that rests about an inch and a half off the ground is nice, you can use it hold yourself in place while doing sit-ups and other core exercises. an thing you can grip to keep your feet of the ground will help with your arms and upper body with pull up variations.

everything else can be done without a fancy machine. Dumb bells can be cheap and useful to.

I wouldn't buy new equipment. There are stores that specialize in selling used machines.
So many people buy equipment with good intentions of using it, but lose interest. Much of it is hardly used at all.

exercise balls are great and fairly inexpensive for core and abs. plus they can be deflated for easy storage.

oh hey also they usually come with dvds on how to use em, mine did.

Last edited:
wii fit and the flappy arms flying chicken game

Wii fit sounds good. Will check into it.

Well, this depends on your goals.
Build muscle or lose weight?

Lose weight is my long term goal.

You can use your own body weight for many many exercises. Other than that, this is the only thing I use:

220px-TwoDumbbells.JPG

A fancy piece of equipment will only motivate you to exercise as long as it feels new and fancy. About a week. But I guess you already know that. :)

Yeah, this^^^ is what I was thinking of but it seems more oriented toward muscle building than overall weight loss.

I know they can be pretty expensive, but I think treadmills are the way to go.
I do understand the whole cost effective aspect.

yeah, i think treadmills would be good but unfortunately, they're kinda pricy.

a couch that rests about an inch and a half off the ground is nice, you can use it hold yourself in place while doing sit-ups and other core exercises. an thing you can grip to keep your feet of the ground will help with your arms and upper body with pull up variations.

everything else can be done without a fancy machine. Dumb bells can be cheap and useful to.

Yeah, i've heard of those furniture exercises. I also know of those with the chair.

ah but can you make a chicken fly by flapping your arms without a fancy machine

:D

I wouldn't buy new equipment. There are stores that specialize in selling used machines.
So many people buy equipment with good intentions of using it, but lose interest. Much of it is hardly used at all.

Quite true. I don't want to buy something, use it for a few weeks, and then let it sit to pick up dust for later.

exercise balls are great and fairly inexpensive for core and abs. plus they can be deflated for easy storage.

oh hey also they usually come with dvds on how to use em, mine did.

Hmm . . . I've seen exercise balls on tv but i wasn't sure if they're effective. I'll look into it. thx.

Stability Ball