Hoarding | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Hoarding

I own nothing to hoard, it's kind of depressing actually. On the other hand, I have a habit of throwing out or donating items I don't have a need for(with the exception of books).

i figure ive always had hard time coming up with the intention to throw stuff out, but thats more about lack of motivation than an attachament id say.
(as i do poses, a strong will to avoid having things i dont need, yes i have house full of stuff and i only need clothes, pc and microphone. + other must have things to survive sophisticatedly. its just a necesseity to keep myself from being overwhelmed with what little i have. yes im a minimalist and get confused of my belongings if i have any more than what i need, yet im unable to define what dont need <.<)
although.. when it comes to INTERNET.. tabs.
ugh, i restart my browser daily a few times due to.. uh, overload of my "interesting" findings which i never had time to look at.. xD...
often my tabs get too small to be.. seen.. ehh =X... i _did_ develop a method of logging the tabs inside my brain and processing them internally to avoid saving them, but it only works when im physically well and that i rarely am.

if ive found 15 fanfiction stories which i want to read, i might read one chapter of one of them until i find ANOTHER 10, 15, 20, 25!!? more stories into my collection of wanted to read when i feel physically capable. (which means summer) its as if i enjoyed finding interesting stories more than actually reading them.. =S

i also hoard voices i want to use. too bad, i can use only one voice at time and forget the previous one when i learn a new one <.< (downside of voice acting)

one item though, which i wont throw away: a rare coin i found as a kid, which happens to hold my life time favourite number on two places of it, as its year 02 2 euro finnish coin which are rare.
consider, i collected hundreds of euros worth in two euro coins and only found ONE of that year.
although, i dont really get the point of _why_ i do this, i did collect plastic toy soldiers too, as a child.
im just happy i dont have Se anywhere near my primary functions, although i love singing and voice acting where its useful. also love body language.

i guess over time ive replaced it with more intellectual ones, but even then collecting 2 euro coins and plastic soldiers was.. eh, aid for my imagination.
eventually i didnt need this aid anymore and used imagination on itself alone to "play" (to lean against a pillar) while other childs (wait a second, i actually like the new way of saying "kids" i just invented!) were playing the same stuff they played from year after year. (a quick question, can you relate to this? wonder if thats common for IN__'s or maybe even EN__'s who only later in their lives found their extro side.)

the question is, are you haveing any hoardings which are immaterial in their nature, like i have plenty.
for example, if you know mass effect, i can speak like.. miranda lawson (yvonne strahovski, actor) although male version =P
i used to be able to speak garruss (brandon keener, VA, actor), mordin solus and i still can speak krogan. (and i still pronounce in every accent i use, word horrible in the garrus way! =P, which means using throat slick hanger whatevr dont know the term to say it more like h'r'orrible.)

yes, answer me. id like to know if you can relate to any of this in any way.
and yes, i consider these what i do as hoarding, with slight resistance but not enough considering im overwhelmed under internet tabs <.<
it also makes me feel bad when others give me a gift which i have no use for =X

ive spent my whole life living with people with hoarding tendencies. i think i have hoarding tendencies also. but i used to be much worse in the past. in the present i continually relinquish items and whittle down my collections. throwing things away becomes somewhat exhilirating. my possessions are very well under control and fit very reasonably into the storage space that is available to them. none of my things are forming middens that are attracting rodents or insects or arachnids, everything is neat and tidy in proper order. i would like to have less possessions and i plan to dispose of greater quantities of my things in future. im looking forward to reaching a greater minimum of possessions. there are people in my life who find it very difficult to let go of possessions and i find it very frustrating. i think it is actually a form of passive aggressive behaviour. these people are constantly forcing others to confront the massive quantities of material items they have accumulated.

Ha, i may have the opposite problem here i have zero hoarding tendencies. It's kind of sad sometimes, because by example, i've lost lots of things that now, i wish to see again, like some notebooks that i had as a teenager, i threw them all to the trash can, now i regret it somewhat.
With books it's different, i have a lot, but lately, since i've been out of cash, i had to sell many of them.

Reactions: invisible
Been a collector almost my entire life. Wish I still had all my baseball cards.

[video=youtube;7zHN-942Uo0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zHN-942Uo0[/video]

You have no money to buy new junk tonight. That's probably for the best.

My dad collects cars and bikes... it's been somewhat fun and somewhat annoying forever. I've been poor personally forever... I have a decent magic deck, a motorcycle, a computer, and clothes.:D It's only through others' good graces that I'm even here.

I think hoarding is more a problem about the volume, or diversity of things one is attached to.

I have no issue with my taking my coffee cup (used as a tea-cup) everywhere I travel - I don't think that's hoarding, even though I admit undue attachment.

I think hoarders are people who assign excessive emotional significance to every object that comes into their possession.