Here's How Attraction Works | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Here's How Attraction Works

How attraction works
(abstract) The value you provide as a man or woman as seen by your context (you, and groups you belong to in ascending generalization: local community, social circles, city, country, demographic, religion, race, men, women, world, humanity)

Reactions: Misadventure
This makes my head spin. Objectivity is in subjectivity.:crazybounce:

Solipsistic heads are known to be constantly spinning. ;)

Reactions: Wyote and Fidicen
Solipsistic heads are known to be constantly spinning. ;)
Thankfully your statement doesn't make me confused because I remember that you're an aspect of me, a projection on the screen. But is this text real? Do I still exist as this message if I turn off the computer and think about it really hard?

Reactions: jkxx and Ren
I always found it amazing, how women want the biological taller male....for "protection"
In reality taller men are at a disadvantage in hand to hand combat having a high center of gravity and slower reflexes and weaker appendages in joint manipulation. having a reach advantage is one singular thing that is easily overcome as violent fights often are on the ground.

The shorter man is in "general" a much better fighting machine and better able to "protect" women and children. what the shorter man doesn't have is the initial factor of instilling fear due to height, but his practical skills mean he will prob totally mess up the taller fighter.

IF women truly want a man for his ability to protect and kill other threats....than no skill is more important intellect.
there is a reason we are the top of the food chain and have dominion on this earth.
Human intellect is the #1 reason we can overcome threats.

But it dont matter Chad is 6 4 and has an IQ of 20......and hes .....loved!
LOL

I see so many forums and topics revoling around this thing and it's often hyped up, but isn't it rather simple?

Looking from biological perspective, we as humans usually tend to be attracted to those that essentially are of higher value, whatever that subjectively means.

But generally...

If you're a girl, then looks, status and power play the primary role.

If you're a man, then looks is king, all else are additional things.

It sounds mean and not right, but that's how it is.

Agree or Disagree?

Disagree

First off, why choose the term "girl" in your description for females? You used "man" in the statement about males; "woman" would be opposite equivalent and would imply that both are mature adults. Perhaps an unconscious bias? It is common to hear women referred to as girls. Either way, the statements are off balance.

Second, Nothing is that simple, there is no direct cause and effect when it comes to attraction, or anything else really. It is part of a larger system, in which the things you list are nodes, or parts of the system, but not the system itself. For each person this system evolves and is influenced by both their personal background, life experiences, and personal preferences, as well as shared circumstances, like society and generation. The system would have to include lust, and the human drive to procreate to continue the species, but would not end there. Women may be more likely than men to favor the idea of security, but that would not disclude men from possibly desiring this as well, or even seeing it as a decisive quality in a mate. I think attraction is part of a more complex system that includes powerful basic human drives.

Disagree

First off, why choose the term "girl" in your description for females? You used "man" in the statement about males; "woman" would be opposite equivalent and would imply that both are mature adults. Perhaps an unconscious bias? It is common to hear women referred to as girls. Either way, the statements are off balance.

Second, Nothing is that simple, there is no direct cause and effect when it comes to attraction, or anything else really. It is part of a larger system, in which the things you list are nodes, or parts of the system, but not the system itself. For each person this system evolves and is influenced by both their personal background, life experiences, and personal preferences, as well as shared circumstances, like society and generation. The system would have to include lust, and the human drive to procreate to continue the species, but would not end there. Women may be more likely than men to favor the idea of security, but that would not disclude men from possibly desiring this as well, or even seeing it as a decisive quality in a mate. I think attraction is part of a more complex system that includes powerful basic human drives.
Preach.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
There’s some truth to it but as a race we’re super safe and fairly sedentary these days, which kind of changes the game as far as the traditional biological traits that most of the animal kingdom still selects for. We can be selective and romantic about stuff that doesn’t apply to survival and dominance.

I don’t think the older constructs apply uniformly these days and it tends to be a slippery slope when people inevitably apply them to all men/women when talking about selectivity as they experience it.

Cuz women are bitches if they aren't into you. No matter how wonderful and entitled you think you are.
/s

Reactions: Misadventure
Cuz women are bitches if they aren't into you. No matter how wonderful and entitled you think you are.
/s
I wouldn't call a woman a bitch for not liking me, I would call her decision incorrect. I'm awesome!

In all seriousness, most people are lazy fucks who expect something (love, money, positive regard) for nothing. That's the problem.

Reactions: ZcM4xzkjgzCjytBc
I wouldn't call a woman a bitch for not liking me, I would call her decision incorrect. I'm awesome!

In all seriousness, most people are lazy fucks who expect something (love, money, positive regard) for nothing. That's the problem.

You probably are awesome but it wouldn't make her choice incorrect.

Not dating someone you aren't attracted to or that you don't want to date for whatever reason doesn't make someone wrong or ignorant or shallow (which is often what people are accused of for rejecting someone.) You can't force chemistry.

The whiny good guy (in the comic) is just an issue. It would be nice if people would just respect the choices of other people instead of villifying women for not doing what they want them to do.

You probably are awesome but it wouldn't make her choice incorrect.

Not dating someone you aren't attracted to or that you don't want to date for whatever reason doesn't make someone wrong or ignorant or shallow (which is often what people are accused of for rejecting someone.) You can't force chemistry.

The whiny good guy (in the comic) is just an issue. It would be nice if people would just respect the choices of other people instead of villifying women for not doing what they want them to do.
You're right.

The libertarian-streak in me agrees.