[PAX] - Help With Field Study | Spirituality and science | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] Help With Field Study | Spirituality and science

Power animals
Reiki
Shared dreams
Heart (as a thinking organ)

@Skarekrow

You don't happen to have any suggestions on how to categorize these? If I'm gonna make a 10-min-questionnaire I'm not able to include every single one of them by name.
I might have underestimated your ability when asking for "EVERYTHING"...

(Now I adress the rest of you too: ) All I want to do is to ask students whether they believe/engage in any belief/activity that doesn't fit the scientific world view that gets presentet throughout their education in physics. If so, I'm gonna take a closer look at how their teacher responds to it, what his thoughts on it might be, and so on. There is a lot of interesting aspects you could look at!

But for this I have to make a questionnaire that includes all areas. Not all activities in general, there's just to many of them, but enough to cover a broader view of what is non-scientific behaviour, so that the tests gives results even though you're not, lets say, religious: even though you're not engaging in religious activities you might believe in fate, for example.

Anyhow! I can't stress this enough: you're in this for the fun of helping me out, and whenever it stops being fun, you just go ahead and make yourself a cake or something. I appreciate all the help!

You don’t have to categorize them or even include them…just trying to think of as many things as I could…I will stop now hahaha.
Take the ones that people will recognize readily and you won’t have to explain.

You don’t have to categorize them or even include them…just trying to think of as many things as I could…I will stop now hahaha.
Take the ones that people will recognize readily and you won’t have to explain.

Good! You go ahead and lists everything you want, as long as I'm free to not include them all *lol*

Power animals
Power animals?! Hahaha! What is power animals?
It instantly made me think of Power Rangers
mighty-morphin-power-rangers.jpg

Imaging they were animals!

Seriously though, I googled it (as I found the picture of Power Rangers), and now I know what you're talking about. I had a great laugh at the vision in my head.

Good! You go ahead and lists everything you want, as long as I'm free to not include them all *lol*

I actually have to run right now…but I’m sure if you went page by page on my Merkabah thread you could find many more ;-)
TTYL!!

mighty-morphin-power-rangers.jpg

Seriously though, I googled it (as I found the picture of Power Rangers), and now I know what you're talking about. I had a great laugh at the vision in my head.

Mine are Salamander, Octopus, and Raven.

Hi guys! It would be nice to get some help from you.

I'm having a field study this comming couple of weeks, and now I need a list of spiritual/religious/superstitious activities and beliefs, that is to say "non-scientific" activities and beliefs (I'm making a studie about physics students approach towards these listed items).

For example it could be

• taroth
    [*]mediums
    [*]prophecies
    [*]prayers
    [*]miricals
    [*]ghoasts
    [*]angles
    [*]demons
    [*]spirits
    [*]destiny
    [*]telephathy
    [*]etc.

List EVERYTHING* you can come up with, but please make sure it is (1) well-structured, (2) in a list format and, if possible, (3) not repeating what has already been listed by others (this last one can be difficult, I know). Oh, and (4) don't make it too specific, but try to make the resulting list as broad as possible, so that my resulting questions cover as much aspects of the topic as possible!

Have I made myself clear? Go, go, go! No time to loose!
Oh, one last thing, just so you don't misinterpret me: I'm doing my part aswell, and I probably could make this all by myself, but as I've found out you're so well educated in these topics I figured you knew more about it then me. That's a compliment!

On behalf of the entire crew - me - Thank you!

*bump* [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION] [MENTION=2578]Kgal[/MENTION]
You might give it a kick start!

* (edit) Perhaps not "EVERYTHING"... I'm more interested in getting a broad perspective than a representation of every single activity/belief.

Dang man, this is one of the kinds of studies I was thinking of running by some grad students as a project :/
I find interdisciplinary perceptions to be an interesting topic. I wish you luck!

Everyone has already mentioned anything I can think of without actual research, lol.

Go for it!

This might help me in my field study, but it sure is educating aswell. So I hope you're not finding this tedious (if so, feel free to leave it be). :m161:

For your categorizing, if you want to do a psych study, this is a critical part of your methodology. I wonder if you could run a lexical analysis, but that's pretty advanced stuff.

Oh so many additions already! Grouping them has been more difficult than I thought it would be, hehe...

But anyway, here's the categorization/sub-categorization I came up with (I've only managed to add a few of the new ones):

+ HIGHER POWER

Enlightenment/Self-actualization
~ Prayer/Meditation, Kenosis, Samadhi
~ Gnosis, Epiphanies, Awakening
~ Chants/Mantras

Sacred Plan
~ Destiny, Synchronicity/Miracles
~ Grand design/Sacred Geometry
~ Karma

+ SOUL/CONSCIOUSNESS

*The Question

Soul/Incorporeal Body
~ Light Body
~ Afterlife, Reincarnation

Universal Consciousness
~ Collective Consciousness
~ Nature Consciousness (incl. Sun and Earth)

+ LIFE FORCE/CHI

The Body as an Energy Temple
~ Auras/vibes
~ Chakras/energy nodes
~ Non-verbal communication/energy exchange
Telepathy/ESP, Empathic Abilities & Psychic Vampires
Animal Telepathy/Whispering

Energized Objects
~ Electric Universe?
~ Energized sites (Pyramids, Crop Circles, Ancient Ritual Centers like Stone Circles, Stonehenge)
~ Magic, Alchemy, Voodoo
~ Feng Shui elements, Crystals/Stones, Charms
~ Omens/Superstitions (black cats, broken mirrors, etc)

Alternative Healing
~ Energy healing, Reiki
~ Hypnosis

+ NON-PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS/ENTITIES

Travel
~ Heaven and Hell
~ Near Death Experiences
~ Astral Projection/Out of Body Experiences, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis?

Entities
~ Angels/Light Beings
Guardians, Ascended Masters
Channeling
~ Demons/Dark Entities
Ghosts
Shadow people, hat man
Possessions, Exorcism
~ Spirits
Fairies, Elemental spirits/guardians
Power/Spirit animals
~ Creatures/Aliens

+ PSYCHIC VISIONS/CLAIRVOYANCE

Time 'Jumping'
~ Remote Viewing, Regression
~ Deja vu, Jamais Vu

Foretelling/Prophecies
~ Astrology, Divination (Tarots, Orbs, Palm-reading)
~ Precognition, Premonition

* I'm not sure where to insert PLACES (like Atlantis, Bermuda Triangle) here, hehe.

Reactions: Oscillation
Dang man, this is one of the kinds of studies I was thinking of running by some grad students as a project :/
I find interdisciplinary perceptions to be an interesting topic. I wish you luck!

Everyone has already mentioned anything I can think of without actual research, lol.

For your categorizing, if you want to do a psych study, this is a critical part of your methodology. I wonder if you could run a lexical analysis, but that's pretty advanced stuff.

Yeah! It's interesting! The problem is, and I usually end up in this kind of situations, that this is supposed to be a smaller study, and I don't really have the time to do it too too serious. I wish I could! But my main focus, believe it or not, lies not with the student, but with the teachers perception of physics and their students relation towards "non-scientific" activities/beliefs.

I'm not entirely sure what my final purpose will be, but I hope I'll find it along the way, hehe. How scientific of me!

Lol at Power Rangers! Makes some sense though. :lol:

I have not much knowledge about them either.
I've only become interested in spirit/totem animals after I've seen the film Brother Bear.
But since I was young, I've always felt a connection with the Dolphin. :)

[MENTION=11455]dogman6126[/MENTION] I thought you could help me with something else.

For my study I've looked at the various philosophical world views of science/physics, and scince it becomes too many I've chosen only naturalism: ontological naturalism and methodological naturalism to be precise. Is it fair to only talk about these two? I'm not entirely sure what I'm asking for here - ehm. Maybe you do? :p

EDIT: my question is if science has to cling to any sort of naturalism, or if there is more?

Last edited:
Levitation,
Telekinesis

Places: Lemuria - Mount Shasta

Yeah! It's interesting! The problem is, and I usually end up in this kind of situations, that this is supposed to be a smaller study, and I don't really have the time to do it too too serious. I wish I could! But my main focus, believe it or not, lies not with the student, but with the teachers perception of physics and their students relation towards "non-scientific" activities/beliefs.

I'm not entirely sure what my final purpose will be, but I hope I'll find it along the way, hehe. How scientific of me!

You'll want to iron out the question you want to ask. Keeping it vague will make you take on to much. I didn't understand what you meant by your focus being on the teacher. Are you hypothesizing that the teacher's perception of physics has some sort of influence on their students approach to science? If you wish to test this, I'm guessing you will need a fairly good sized n value to calculate Cohen's d reliably (I'm guessing this is what you want to use, but I don't know). This is because I expect any effect in that view to be small compared to other environmental/biological effects. You'll have some trouble separating your statistics unless you are just looking for simple correlations. You could probably have an interesting study in doing just that. I would say keep it small though. Maybe pick a handful of paranormal topics to ask about, and range them from not so extreme to extreme. For example, ghosts might be more tangibly testable than tarot cards and predicting the future.

BTW, I'm just throwing some ideas out there. I don't even know that what I said is a good idea, lol.

[MENTION=11455]dogman6126[/MENTION] I thought you could help me with something else.

For my study I've looked at the various philosophical world views of science/physics, and scince it becomes too many I've chosen only naturalism: ontological naturalism and methodological naturalism to be precise. Is it fair to only talk about these two? I'm not entirely sure what I'm asking for here - ehm. Maybe you do? :p

EDIT: my question is if science has to cling to any sort of naturalism, or if there is more?

To do science and have it be meaningful, no you do not need to cling to any specific notion of naturalism. However, you do need to have some notion of an objectively true external world. In fact, a lot of naturalist conceptions have no problem at all with most of the list people have mentioned. They simply require that the phenomenon that exists be grounded in some sense in the natural (notice this doesn't say physical) world.

Consider this quote from the Stanford encyclopedia of philosophy:

They [naturalists] urged that reality is exhausted by nature, containing nothing “supernatural”, and that the scientific method should be used to investigate all areas of reality, including the “human spirit”

Notice this definition actually equates that which is natural with that which is an aspect of reality. This does not exclude non-physical phenomenon of any kind other than those outside of our reality (Some conceptions of God fit this).

The next stronger claim is materialism in that all things that exist do so in virtue of the physical world. Here you can have several kinds of materialist views. A strict view where strictly the physical is all that is real. This view might deny concepts such as government, society, the self, the paranormal, etc. A less strict view would say that all things physical, and all those things brought about by, relationally or otherwise, are the things that exist. This is to say that society exists in virtue of the people making up the society. Society itself is not a physical thing, but it is a real thing.

Now, physics does require a materialist framework. While you can do physics in a world that is not entirely materialistic, many physicists approach the world as if it is entirely material, and with good reason. However, if a concept has an associated non-material factor (i.e. ghosts), then this creates a researcher bias. Any good scientist should admit that studying ghosts is a valid scientific pursuit. To defend this I say look at all the people that say they have seen a ghost. There seems to be something going on. While the concept ghost may include a non-material soul staying on earth after death and that is something science cannot test, this is a false assumption for the scientist. You're not testing if there is a non-material soul causing these people to see ghosts. Rather, you are questioning what it is that thing that people are claiming to see with the understanding that they think it is a non-material soul. Notice the difference?

I hope that made sense and was helpful!

That was a new one: places! We also have

Atlantis
City of Gold

I was diligently going down the listings and there you said one of mine already. :)

Ancient Civilizations:

Atlantis
Lemuria
The Reptilians
Mars
Venus

The Secret Space Program:
The SPP Alliance
The White Brotherhood
The Galactic Federation
Solar Warden

Solar Activity:
Sun flares
Solar Wind
Coronal Mass Ejections
....these phenomena affect the Earth's electromagnetic field which effects humans' electromagnetic field.

Lol at Power Rangers! Makes some sense though. :lol:

I have not much knowledge about them either.
I've only become interested in spirit/totem animals after I've seen the film Brother Bear.
But since I was young, I've always felt a connection with the Dolphin. :)

Hahahahaha..... that was very funny about the Power Rangers Animals. :)

I have several Animal Spirit Guides who I used to view as Power Animals until my awareness about them shifted.

Power Animals has it's roots in Shamanism as was practiced many thousands of years ago. They were Spirit representing itself as familiar animals, plants, and sea creatures to the indigenous Shaman and people. For example if you lived up near mountains in North America you would have animals representative of that area - like Bears, Mountain Lions, Badgers, Fox, etc. appear as your spirit guide.

Many people assume Spirit Guides/Power Animals give one power. In many ways they do...and many ways they don't. What they do very well is give love, guidance and protection.

Spirit Guides are those Beings whose frequencies of manifestation vibrate at a different level than the one we do here on planet Earth. They often wish to communicate with the humans on Earth who are from their families across many frequency levels which we are not able to see with our eyes. So they come to us in dreams or visions in familiar forms based upon our own paradigms which bring us a sense of safety and ease. In the old Shaman days those people were in harmony with land, the seas, and the animals where they dwelled. When the Shaman needed information to help his community thrive he often called upon the "Spirits" and they would appear as an animal that fit his point of view. They also appear as Angels, Archangels, Elohim, etc for those with paradigms that include those Beings. You might imagine all the possibilities.

So Power Animals or Animal Spirit Guides is Spirit manifesting for you in a way that feels comfortable and good for you. This facilitates communication between you and them....and that's when you've hit gold.

To illustrate how they can empower us - when Panther came to me - he asked me if he could merge with me. He told me he was there to help me open up my solar plexus and more power would flow through me. I said yes and for a year or more after that - Panther and I went on many journeys in visions and I began to change. I am very grateful and honored he came to me when he did.

Satori you talk about being attracted to Dolphins. :) Ahhh...the Cetaceans. :love: They are Great Sentient Beings and are from Venus which used to be a water planet. I have Whale as one of my Animal Spirit Guides. ....They....the Whales...are telling me to tell you Hellloooooo and you are Loved!!! hahahaha...

Ok... I have digressed from the homework assignment. I'll shut up now.

Satori you talk about being attracted to Dolphins. :) Ahhh...the Cetaceans. :love: They are Great Sentient Beings and are from Venus which used to be a water planet. I have Whale as one of my Animal Spirit Guides. ....They....the Whales...are telling me to tell you Hellloooooo and you are Loved!!! hahahaha...

Oh how wonderful! Greetings of Love from one Cetacean to another! :hug:
I used to find it rather weird, since dolphins are known for being really friendly and sociable
while I'm more of a loner. But discovering fairly recently what the Dolphin symbolizes,
I understand the connection much better now. :)

Ahh... Venus is my ruling planet! That maybe also explains why I feel connected to Water,
even if my element is supposedly Earth. Interesting... Thanks for sharing Kgal!!!