Help on how to bring up a topic for discussion. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Help on how to bring up a topic for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Check forum rules
2) See if it violates specific rules such as the ones related to pushing a political agenda and/or ad hominem attacks and button pushing.
3) If the answers include “Yes” or Yes but what about.....” don’t post it.

So a medical journal says everybody who is liberal is psychotic. While in itself the topic may be debatable, from the outset you are placing anyone who aligns with liberals on the low ground requiring them to fight an uphill battle to meet you in the middle. I wonder if you’ve made any similar negative threads about liberals before which would establish a theme of an anti-liberal political agenda? Hm? As such it gets increasingly harder to believe— or to dispense with dancing around it, you love trolling liberals and like to bask in their shock or outrage.

There’s nothing to win or defend here. Infjf is not some vital battleground that will determine the future of the country and it’s annoying when people treat it as such or use that as an excuse for the real goal of just getting the last word in. Additionally there is definitely no magic combination of words that will miraculously solve the issue while keeping one’s heels dug in i.e. knowing that some day you can get them to see that you’re “right”.

Thread: “Crowdsourcing ways to help me call you crazy and not get banned for it.”
I recognize your opinion but do not see it the same way at all. Thank you though for your perspective.

I don't believe every liberal is psychotic, but the three most liberal people I've ever met were all cluster b, and one of them was schizophrenic
If we found out a majority are psychotic ( and you can apply this to any group you like to make it easier to contemplate If it helps) what if anything should be done about it? As an example, should psychotic people be allowed to vote?

Respect is incredibly important to me. No matter what the situation or setting, I treat everyone I meet with respect. I do recognize and value and appreciate that you are your person with your own experience. I want to hear your story because it helps me understand who you and where you have been. I want to know what brought to your knees and your greatest joys. It doesn't bother for people to disagree or argue. I don't feel there is any reward in winning an argument or being right. I think having a discussion of different opinions is absolutely healthy because it challenges us to look what we and why we believe those things. The challenge is to do that respectfully.
Good post. Now understanding that respect is important to you, how do you react to people who don't respect you and of whom for one reason or another must continue to interact with? Do you continue to respect them? Doesnt that mean you have to respect the fact they dont respect you?

I suppose the idea that if people at least begin to consider they are wrong they may persue looking past their own initial stance or thoughts.
You should definitely do that.
Also...enough insults.
Don't dismiss opinions you disagree with.
Quit calling names in general...snowflake, psychotic liberals, libtards, etc. seriously uncalled for.
You know there are scientific papers out there that say the same thing about Conservatives and the like?
Seriously...they are super easy to find for whatever biases you have.
You start threads that you say you want to "discuss" but really you just want people to read the article and agree with it...if they don't then you go on the attack or belittle people.
But you insult to begin with....what is the point of starting a thread about an article calling Liberals psychotic?
Think about it...it's only to irritate groups of certain people you don't personally like...most of your threads are.
You don't want more understanding, you just like to shit on people.

If we found out a majority are psychotic ( and you can apply this to any group you like to make it easier to contemplate If it helps) what if anything should be done about it? As an example, should psychotic people be allowed to vote?
Again with the tests to vote....can't be liberal...can't be a sociopath (that may include you you may want to check?).
Silly.
We do know that a majority of sociopaths are drawn to jobs such as hedge fund managers and politics - shall we test them all?
Being a sociopath does not mean you are dangerous.
One of the premier Physicians studying psychopathy or sociopathy found out he himself is one...but he is normal and fully functional as are most.
As for a counter paper to the claim you are attempting to put forth...not as a genuine question of "Golly guys, how do I do make this insulting statement or present this incredibly biased paper without making so many people mad?", but as yet another barely shrouded dig at those you wish you could restrict from voting rights amongst other things you have stated previously.
So yeah...for every article you find, I can find the opposite.
You never prove anything....you infer and opine, dismiss, insult, then ignore.
https://www.salon.com/2014/05/01/conservatives_evil_and_psychopathy_science_makes_the_link/
Says here ya'll are just as psychotic.
Derp.

Last edited:
Feelings? I like sarcasm and self inflated egos are funny, but being anti and disrespectful of others' opinions is another thing. Calling names has brought anything further, other than creating a back and forth of banter it doesn't acheive anything. As I said, share your sources, instead of calling them stupid up front for having a different opinion.

I love sarcasm too but not everyone understands it or it's interpreted negatively - often setting off another lot of reactions and the cycle begins. I'm not sure of the context of the rest of what you wrote here so instead of adding further to the complexity, I shall stop!

you're assuming the majority means the whole, which is a load of crap

I do not believe you are seeking better understanding. Growth requires humility. I remember back when I was still new here, I witnessed for the first time your supercilious way of being shine through in posts to members that were genuinely attempting to have a real conversation with you. I posted an article to you, about the importance of humility to which you responded with keyboard laughter and a strange dismissal along with claims to knowing better... I believe that you really do believe that, and it shows in your condescending responses to members that have tried in vain to engage and share information. This goes for people that have contrary and positions indistinguishable from your own.

Despite your belief, the backlash you are facing is not due to your ideological affiliation. It matters not that you are a die-hard Trump supporter, consider yourself the greatest American patriot, adhere to libertarian and/or Republican ideals. It is very possible for people of offering political backgrounds to coexist and engage in a mutually beneficial conversation about policy and ideals.

The problem stems not from those with contrary views to your own being out of touch with reality, but in your patronizing, contemptuous, and arrogant approach to addressing other members. It is a failure on your part to recognize that you are not dealing with over generalized labels applied to large swaths of the fleshy population, but with actual human beings. Each with their own ideas, opinions, levels of intelligence, understanding, and ways of being. You address these differences with utter disrespect. The insults to intelligence, the accusations of being out touch with reality, the name calling, the blatant dismissing and ignoring of other's legitimate posts that may or may not run counter to your worldview is unacceptable in my opinion. It is rude at best and abusive at it's worst.

There is are several cognitive distortions in your approach and it all leads to how you treat others and how others in turn respond to you. Overgeneralization, blaming, fallacy of fairness, negative bias, all or nothing thinking, labeling, and double standards are just of few of the distortions that make a reasonable conversation anything but possible.

I know you don't care and I don't care that you don't, but I greatly dislike the way you talk to people on this forum. I dislike the way you make people feel when they try to converse with you. (Even those that agree with you) It is not that they are too sensitive or are liberal snowflakes. It is that it is unpleasant to engage with you and no one has to put up with the insults. You are not perpetually correct and your attacks on other member's worldviews and intelligence, then claiming to be a victim of ill will is a betrayal of your attempted projection of intelligence.

Before seeking to enlighten the world, first seek to enlighten yourself.

Good post. Now understanding that respect is important to you, how do you react to people who don't respect you and of whom for one reason or another must continue to interact with? Do you continue to respect them? Doesnt that mean you have to respect the fact they dont respect you?

People do respect me because I respect myself and I respect them. If I am not being respected I have no problem with addressing what I have a problem with. Most of the time that does resolve the issue. If not I can address it further. I don't tolerate disrespect from anyone. I am no one's victim.

I do not believe you are seeking better understanding. Growth requires humility. I remember back when I was still new here, I witnessed for the first time your supercilious way of being shine through in posts to members that were genuinely attempting to have a real conversation with you. I posted an article to you, about the importance of humility to which you responded with keyboard laughter and a strange dismissal along with claims to knowing better... I believe that you really do believe that, and it shows in your condescending responses to members that have tried in vain to engage and share information. This goes for people that have contrary and positions indistinguishable from your own.

Despite your belief, the backlash you are facing is not due to your ideological affiliation. It matters not that you are a die-hard Trump supporter, consider yourself the greatest American patriot, adhere to libertarian and/or Republican ideals. It is very possible for people of offering political backgrounds to coexist and engage in a mutually beneficial conversation about policy and ideals.

The problem stems not from those with contrary views to your own being out of touch with reality, but in your patronizing, contemptuous, and arrogant approach to addressing other members. It is a failure on your part to recognize that you are not dealing with over generalized labels applied to large swaths of the fleshy population, but with actual human beings. Each with their own ideas, opinions, levels of intelligence, understanding, and ways of being. You address these differences with utter disrespect. The insults to intelligence, the accusations of being out touch with reality, the name calling, the blatant dismissing and ignoring of other's legitimate posts that may or may not run counter to your worldview is unacceptable in my opinion. It is rude at best and abusive at it's worst.

There is are several cognitive distortions in your approach and it all leads to how you treat others and how others in turn respond to you. Overgeneralization, blaming, fallacy of fairness, negative bias, all or nothing thinking, labeling, and double standards are just of few of the distortions that make a reasonable conversation anything but possible.

I know you don't care and I don't care that you don't, but I greatly dislike the way you talk to people on this forum. I dislike the way you make people feel when they try to converse with you. (Even those that agree with you) It is not that they are too sensitive or are liberal snowflakes. It is that it is unpleasant to engage with you and no one has to put up with the insults. You are not perpetually correct and your attacks on other member's worldviews and intelligence, then claiming to be a victim of ill will is a betrayal of your attempted projection of intelligence.

Before seeking to enlighten the world, first seek to enlighten yourself.
Milktoast let's be very clear. You and I will not get along. You fault me for Many things while displaying less than desirable traits yourself. You want to speak to me of humility? You don't say.
Still I'd like for you to continue to post your thoughts. They allow me to see things I never thought possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.