Help me figure this out... | INFJ Forum

Help me figure this out...

jackie_hubert

Jan 3, 2012
MBTI
INFJ/ENFJ
Enneagram
I'd never heard of an Enneagram before I joined this forum yesterday. I just did an online test and got the following results:

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 46%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 5 Detachment |||||| 22%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||| 46%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||| 34%
Type 9 Calmness |||||| 30%

social variant: so/sx/sp

What does any of this mean?

Reactions: Gaze
I actually just stumbled on to "Enaegrams" too today. I've never heard of it but I think it describes me pretty well. Not sure if it is all the scientific though. *shrugs*

I'd never heard of an Enneagram before I joined this forum yesterday. I just did an online test and got the following results:

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 46%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 5 Detachment |||||| 22%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||| 46%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||| 34%
Type 9 Calmness |||||| 30%

social variant: so/sx/sp

What does any of this mean?

To me, that looks like you prefer 4 with a 3 wing (or you could be 3w4) who prefers the social/sexual variant.

Description:

4w3 - Seeking Identity and Image
LifeExplore

Fours with a 3 wing can sometimes seem like Sevens. May be outgoing, have a sense of humor and style. Prize being both creative and effective in the world. Both intuitive and ambitious; may have good imaginations, often talented. Some are colorful, fancy dressers, make a distinct impression. Self-knowledge combines well with social and organizational skills. When more entranced, often have a public/private split. Could conceal feelings in public then go home to loneliness. Or they could enjoy their work and be dissatisfied in love. Tendency towards melodrama and flamboyance; true feelings can often be hidden. Competitive, sneaky, aware of how they look. Some have bad taste. May be fickle in love, drawn to romantic images that they have projected onto others. Could have a dull spouse, then fantasize about glamorous strangers. Achievements can be tainted by jealousy, revenge, or a desire to prove the crowd wrong.

And a social 4w3 is usually more specific than that:

Social 4 - Seeking Acceptance/Belonging/Inclusion/Status
Udit Patel "The Outsider (Ichazo's "Social Shame")"

Social Fours focus their envy and hypersensitivity in the social realm; thus, they are people who deeply want to belong, to be a part of an "in crowd" with a glamorous lifestyle, but who often fear that they are not up to it. Social Fours tend to be more extroverted than Fours of the other two instincts and can resemble Twos or Sevens. Social Fours can be quite funny, using droll, ironic humor to make a point or simply to stimulate conversation. They enjoy expressing their individuality and sense of style in a more public way, although they also attempt to conceal the extent of their feelings of social inadequacy or shame. Social Fours may work hard to develop a public persona through which they can communicate the depths of their feelings, but this persona is usually more glamorous and free than they actually feel. Social Fours are acutely aware of the artifice of their persona, but they use it nonetheless as a way of finding some sense of belonging and involvement in the world. When they are more troubled, Social Fours fear social humiliation to such a degree that they may retreat from much social contact, becoming isolated and reclusive. They may also develop a personal style cultivated to show the world how wounded and different they feel.

LifeExplore

Prone to shame because they compare themselves with the "normal" world around them. Can be highly self-critical and feel ashamed for their deviance from imagined group norms. Sensitive to criticism. May romanticize their defects but feel bad about themselves anyway. If they have a 3 wing, may cover their shame with charm. Can also seek status or be driven to achieve to get revenge against those who once laughed at them. With a 5 wing, can grow antisocial and depressed, bearing their shame in solitude.

Helen Palmer

"In the social domain you can easily feel shame. You feel that your protective cover is removed and that your defects, deficiencies, shortcomings will be exposed publicly in the social situation. You don