Help Greece? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Help Greece?

Should Greece be monetarily helped out of the pit it's dug itself into?

• Total voters
So the problem is institutional corruption. What's the proper response to that problem?

I think that first of all awareness has to be the primary goal.

To make the public aware though is a difficult task because of media bias.

The media now seems to be fascinated with celebrity instead of the political issues. Is this because this is what people want or is it a coherent approach used by the power elites to stop the flow of information to the public?

Many people are preoccupied with work, families and life and don't have time or energy to look beyond the main stream media and to try and pick their way through information in order to get to what is true.

The media drip feeds people information without letting them see the whole picture; it is like a wall built around people's minds and if the mainstream media is their main source of information then they will never have more than the slightest grasp of what is going on.

If however you can raise awareness to a level that the key issues are on peoples lips and minds then a dialogue can begin.

From dialogue can come possible solutions.

It is clear that not only the EU itself but many member states are riddled with corruption and there needs to be much greater transparency and accountability in order to tackle this.

Also power needs to be pushed closer to the people. In order for the people to make informed choices however they first need to be informed and then you get back to square one with the problem that the public are not being presented with the full picture. (information asymetry)

I agree totally

How will it play out though?

Will the west thrash out a new global financial world order, kinda a revision of Bretton Woods; in other words the US trying to find a way to maintain dominance

I think the reason European countries are so keen to work together is because apart they would be eclipsed by rising countries like China and India

Now that the mutual dependancy thing between the US and China has slowed China will need new markets for her exports. The US has debt but China must keep 1 billion people employed or there will be public unrest

The dominance of the dollar as the reserve currency is under threat as countries like Iran, Russia and China look to trade in other currencies, which would affect the US economy

There is the theory that the reason the US went into Iraq is because Saddam was about to start trading oil in Euros. it would explain why Germany and France were so opposed to the conflict

I would say it is all due to the unsustainable nature of capitalism; although i think it might be about to change gear again