Helen Keller | INFJ Forum

Helen Keller

sookie

On Holiday
Oct 29, 2009
MBTI
INFX
I have just finished reading Helen Kellers book The Story of My Life"

What a fascinating person she was. She was one of the happiest people that I have ever read about.

She was brilliant
She was a magnificent writer
She appreciated everything: water, flowers, people
She was blind and deaf

Her journey is extrodinary.

She graduated from Radicliffe (The sister school of Harvard University, it was only for women.)

She could speak many different languages

It is so mind blowing. Two of her admirers, mentors and friends were Alexander Graham Bell, and Mark Twain.

What did Helen Keller get for her birthday?

Raped.

Why can't Helen Keller drive?

She's a woman.

What did Helen Keller get for Christmas?

Laughed at.

I have just finished reading Helen Kellers book The Story of My Life"
Sounds like a great read!!! It is amazing what one can glean from the experiences of others....sometimes it helps lend perspective to our own efforts at living a meaningful life.

What did Helen Keller get for her birthday?

Raped.

Why can't Helen Keller drive?

She's a woman.

What did Helen Keller get for Christmas?

Laughed at.

egads!!! :m125: I am alittle perplexed, laughing, but perplexed all the same.

She got more things in her life, because she was thankful to things in her life. She believed that god helped her, she wanted more help from nature in order to get success in her efforts.

I can understand what thank you means, it means you are glad and satisfied what you got, and you just want more from your life. It looks like being bit selfish, but it is not.

I think, we should learn being thankful to GOD and to our relationships, too.
Without relationship we can't live.

She got more things in her life, because she was thankful to things in her life. She believed that god helped her, she wanted more help from nature in order to get success in her efforts.

I can understand what thank you means, it means you are glad and satisfied what you got, and you just want more from your life. It looks like being bit selfish, but it is not.

I think, we should learn being thankful to GOD and to our relationships, too.
Without relationship we can't live.

I agreed with most of what you said minus god.

God isn't a factor.

I don't understand, Sorry, can you explain what you want to say?

What I'm saying is She didn't need god to help her nor dose anyone else.

What I'm saying is She didn't need god to help her nor dose anyone else.

Oh okay. now, i try not to be argumentative person. But i believe in one, god helps themselves who helps themselves. :D

We alone are not able to do anything big thing, without others support.That's why we are not omnipotent. Only god is. If we get help from god or anyone else, we will not be smaller or we will not be considered as disable to get any success.

Last edited:
Oh okay. now, i try not to be argumentative person. But i believe in one, god helps themselves who helps themselves. :D

We alone are not able to do anything big thing, without others support.That's why we are not omnipotent. Only god is. If we get help from god or anyone else, we will not be smaller or we will not be considered as disable to get any success.

We are going to have to disagree.

I can speak form experience what its like to nearly blind (legally my visual level puts me as blind)

I can tell you how damn hard it is to live this way. And trust me at no time did god help me. I helped me and I made myself push through all the crap. When I'm suicidal its not god stopping me its myself and no one else.

We need others true but those others aren't god.

Helen is an inspiration as she was able to cope with disabilities fair worse than mine and come out on top. But she didn't need god.

God is just comfortable thought for many.

Nothing more.

Last edited:
Please keep the thread on its track you guys. If you would like I could split this god discussion to it's own thread.

Please keep the thread on its track you guys. If you would like I could split this god discussion to it's own thread.

Thanks Indigo Sensor :)

Federer and Blind Bandit I do appreciate that you are trying to relate to Helen Keller and her accomplishments :)