Have you ever thought of committing suicide? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Have you ever thought of committing suicide?

The issue with mental health is that people think you're weak if you're struggling and not to bother anyone with it. If people were allowed to express everyday frustrations and difficulties with others without feeling judged or made to feel simple or weak, maybe many would be less likely to internalize the struggles and deal with them alone or fear sharing them.

Too often, you're made to feel as if it's a question of your strength as a person or inability to be tough or know how to handle situations well, rather than being a typical person who is simply struggling. You're made to feel as if there's something unusual. Or worse, only people with real medical issues have real issues.

Mental health issues are "all in your head" so you can manage and control them is what you're made to feel, and so it's your inability to manage your issues that is the problem. With these insensitive and perspectives out there, yes, mental health problems will continue to be an issue.

Isn't toxic societal stoicism just wonderful /eye roll

A lot of this is burned in pretty early on though only a portion of the population can do it long haul while the rest are condemned into seeking some form of escape be it the usual things like booze and drugs while many found it in working increasingly longer hours as that is socially acceptable while being much cheaper. Those who chalk it up to just being "all in your head" clearly never had a real problem or is deluding themselves into thinking all is well. One observation was how covid shined a light on this over the past year where "normal" people suddenly had more mental health problems than a blind man can ever shake a stick at. The whole boomer mindset just makes my blood boil sometimes.

A lot of this is burned in pretty early on though only a portion of the population can do it long haul while the rest are condemned into seeking some form of escape be it the usual things like booze and drugs while many found it in working increasingly longer hours as that is socially acceptable while being much cheaper. Those who chalk it up to just being "all in your head" clearly never had a real problem or is deluding themselves into thinking all is well. One observation was how covid shined a light on this over the past year where "normal" people suddenly had more mental health problems than a blind man can ever shake a stick at. The whole boomer mindset just makes my blood boil sometimes.
This is very true. It's shameful the way it is, but it is good that the norm now has to begin to see it differently when it's on their own doorstep.

There is little freedom and zero privacy in America anymore. At this point I would not dare speak to a stranger, regardless of their role or what the name tag says, about what can go on inside my head. To expect people to be unaffected after the last 1.5 yrs and simply comply. To be put on some type of list if your answers raise a flag of some type. Trust is genuine a concern. It has been this way for a long time now regardless of the narrative waiting everywhere you look.

There is little freedom and zero privacy in America anymore. At this point I would not dare speak to a stranger, regardless of their role or what the name tag says, about what can go on inside my head. To expect people to be unaffected after the last 1.5 yrs and simply comply. To be put on some type of list if your answers raise a flag of some type. Trust is genuine a concern. It has been this way for a long time now regardless of the narrative waiting everywhere you look.

There comes a point where one stops playing the game everyone else is playing and one the system demands or decides to do it their own way letting the chips fall wherever they're going to fall.

Reactions: Misty and Moranga