Have you ever engaged in bad behavior to keep people away from you? | INFJ Forum

Have you ever engaged in bad behavior to keep people away from you?

Discussion in 'Relationships and Sociology' started by WellNoWonder, Jun 18, 2010.

Share This Page

More threads by WellNoWonder
  1. WellNoWonder

WellNoWonder Peace Through Action

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    6w5
    I have....

In my younger years anyway... Not so much in the past 5 years.

discuss???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DoveAlexa

DoveAlexa Chaz's Lovey Bunny
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    I have acted cold or a bitch to keep people away, for sure, but nothing along the lines of "deviant/criminal/seedy behaviour like vandalizing or smoking in school.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. invisible

On Holiday

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    none
    i've done it. they wouldn't leave me alone or listen to me and i was exhausted. i never want to do it again though.

4. Tzimzai

Tzimzai Mildly Misanthropic
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INxj
    Enneagram:
    Huh?
    I guess it depends on what is considered bad behavior. I'm surfing internet forums at work right now. I break laws I don't agree with all the time.

I guess it really depends on how bad I think the behavior is and the mood I'm in. I very rarely lose control and act in a way I think is wrong.

5. Skathac

Skathac <font color=#27A601>Community Member</font>

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I have the capacity to be a real asshole if the right mix of situation and emotional instability present itself. I'm also a wise ass which tends to exasperate the situation. *shrugs* Oh well

6. acd

acd Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    No.

I just act creepy when I want to be left alone by someone I vaguely know who is pestering me.

7. Faye

Faye ^_^
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    No, I don't have a problem with people not leaving me alone. I've never really had that problem.

8. Flavus Aquila

Flavus Aquila Finding My Place in the Sun
    Banned

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ - A
    Enneagram:
    I go through phases of it.

When people get too close to me and start draining all my energy away I get crabby. I know I'm doing it, but can't stop until I've driven people to a safe distance. It sucks being me sometimes.

9. DoveAlexa

DoveAlexa Chaz's Lovey Bunny
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Jaywalking is the Devil's transit! ;D

10. aeon

aeon Ooh, a bunny!
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENFP
    Enneagram:
    After being sexually (and otherwise) abused as a child, I sought out various drugs to numb/soothe myself and to create an artificial reality that I could cope with.

One of those drugs was food.

It had a side effect - the more I used food in a bad way, the more weight I gained.

At the time, this was fantastic - because of the way fat people are treated in this culture. It meant that I became unattractive to other people - which I desparately wanted.

Why?

Because it meant I wouldn't be touched.

Not anymore.

In retrospect, it was maladaptive. That said, I did the best I could at the time with the resources available to me, given the situation.

Namaste,
    Ian

11. Lilchamor

Lilchamor Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I once acted cruel to someone who was already extremely vulnerable (with a severe physical disability as well as duel-gendered) when my friendship with them became draining and I had had enough. It was not draining because of their disability or their gender orientation, but rather because they wanted me to, basically, be a surrogate girlfriend. Having never had a romantic relationship before, I became "the first girl to come over to their house", "the closest girl ever to them", "their soul sister", etc. I thought it was sweet at first, but when this person got extremely mad at me for not calling them on time, made up romantic nicknames for me, wanted me to talk to them for multiple hours each day, told me that they "wanted and needed to talk to me", it became too much. I was engaged, for goodness sake! I tried multiple times to tell this person that their actions were over the line, but they didn't get it. Finally, I just cut off all communication with them-- that was the cruel part. I never told them that I didn't want to be friends anymore; I never had "that conversation", because I just couldn't handle their response. It was very cruel of me, and I know I should have given them that opportunity to say what they needed to say, but I couldn't do it. I couldn't shatter their world like that. So, I did something worse--I disappeared on them.

So, yes, it was very "bad behavior" on my part. :(