Happiness & Lonliness | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Happiness & Lonliness

There's a saying that you are least alone in solitude
This is what it is for me. 100%.

Wow, thanks for quoting this Maetel...quite a mouthful. Solitude (however that is being experienced) is a gauntlet. It will drive you nuts. Yet............once we become settled, once we resign ourselves, once we slow things down......there is something else there, something profoundly good. It is well worth finding but inasmuch as it is so noisy nowadays few seem willing to take the time.

Last edited:
I think there are also some wild surprises that come visit you when you are in those times, very interesting^

I found this, written by eutychus on intj forums
Some people find it hard to live with others. They need a lot of time to themselves, a great sense of freedom and above all, no tensions. They simply must not feel under pressure; if they do they will become depressed or aggressive. These people are often very sensitive and delicate; they have almost too great a richness of heart. They could not cope with the difficulties of community life. They are called rather to live alone or with a few privileged friends. They must not be made to think that because community life is not for them they have no place, gift or vocation. Their gift is different. They are called to be witnesses to love in another way. And they find a certain community life with friends and groups, with whom they meet regularly.
community & growth by jean vanier

Patricky doesn't piss me off....but I guess that's because it doesn't seem like he is ACTUALLY trying to hurt people's feelings, it seems like he is JOKING that he is trying to hurt feelings. (or perhaps he just isn't clever enough?) And I kinda find the quips about INFJs being the kids no one likes or the only people who get lonely as funny because they are so clearly not true, and we do act like total outcasts. And we kinda ARE outcasts just because we are so rare and different, but we are also better than most ppl (sorry to say so, but it's true) and so I really don't give a shit about being an outcast. Why would I want to fit in with a bunch of sheep? I still have plenty of people who love me, and pretty much everyone I meet respects me and admires me for my strength, intelligence, and ideals, and they know they can't measure up to my awesomeness, or they just can't understand it.
So.....yeah.
And who cares what an ESFJ thinks anyway? They are pretty much the down syndrome of MBTI.
:p

OH and WELCOME ALICE!!!!
haha

Reactions: sassafras
YIELD: I'm far from unable to be alone, in fact i love being alone, but alone and lonliness are two completely different things in my book...before i started to find myself i would be in a group of people and feel lonely.

Yes, I am aware of the difference and I guess I was referring to both- being alone and experiencing loneliness. But you also get used to be lonely until it doesn't feel that way anymore, is what I meant. At least, that's how it was for me.

No, stubby-arms baby with ironic caption. I took it down because people were getting all emo over it.

EDIT: PS sorry your thread got hijacked FPA. Not being an INFJ, I don't feel loneliness.

I didn't see the photo..
Nor take offense to such things easily...
To be honest i'm not quite sure what everyone is getting on with.. or why people seem so offended..

Patricky doesn't piss me off....but I guess that's because it doesn't seem like he is ACTUALLY trying to hurt people's feelings, it seems like he is JOKING that he is trying to hurt feelings. (or perhaps he just isn't clever enough?) And I kinda find the quips about INFJs being the kids no one likes or the only people who get lonely as funny because they are so clearly not true, and we do act like total outcasts. And we kinda ARE outcasts just because we are so rare and different, but we are also better than most ppl (sorry to say so, but it's true) and so I really don't give a shit about being an outcast. Why would I want to fit in with a bunch of sheep? I still have plenty of people who love me, and pretty much everyone I meet respects me and admires me for my strength, intelligence, and ideals, and they know they can't measure up to my awesomeness, or they just can't understand it.
So.....yeah.
And who cares what an ESFJ thinks anyway? They are pretty much the down syndrome of MBTI.

OH and WELCOME ALICE!!!!
haha

Touche!! (to all of it:p)

Umm, my friends with Down syndrome are pretty loving, open and honest... not quite the way patrick is acting... I think that's too much of a compliment for him here. I think the rest of what you wrote rocks, CLM!

whats the ...... part of your body

Where is the real, plastic Alice? is she in chains somewhere?

Chained to my bed.

Are you suggesting that "Fake, Plastic Alice" is posing as "Real, Plastic Alice" whom she has imprisoned for her pleasure? Given that "Fake, Plastic Alice" is "Real, Plastic Alice" the imagery is one of a split personality where a malevolent energy has constellated and forced aside a weaker but more desirable energy.

Are you suggesting that "Fake, Plastic Alice" is posing as "Real, Plastic Alice" whom she has imprisoned for her pleasure? Given that "Fake, Plastic Alice" is "Real, Plastic Alice" the imagery is one of a split personality where a malevolent energy has constellated and forced aside a weaker but more desirable energy.

I'm not quite sure where you jumped from me being an impostor to the real, plastic alice... that being said... the REAL, plastic alice does not REALly exist and is but a metaphor for my taking advantage of myself:p

Hi

I have seen tears coming out even when someone is unbearably angry.

I do not know the physiological aspect or even the biological aspect. But my experience tells me that tears roll out when we are faced with uncontrollable emotion which totally captures us and we feel weak and helpless in the hands of our own emotion.
Thanks!
extra long comforter

ouu, I wanna comforter. Something warm to be on top of me when I sleep.

Gloomy Optimist, wanna be my comforter?