Hannibal Lecter | INFJ Forum

Hannibal Lecter

Odyne

===========
Banned
Aug 19, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
I can't pin down his type. However, I am terribly fascinated and intrigued by him. He's a man who, due to trauma at a young age, has lost his humanity and turned into a monster with high and amazing intellect.

What are your thoughts on him?

Can you guess his MBTI type?

I am going to post a few quotes of him later on

Judging on Hannibal Rising, ENTP or an ENTJ.
In the earlier books, he's definitely an INTJ.

I guess it's kinda hard to guess the real personality of a man of his caliber, and due to that I'm guessing ENTJ too.

I think I'd enjoy having a nice conversation with Dr. Lector, and really I wouldn't fear getting killed and/or eaten by him. He has a similar viewpoint on rudeness that I possess, although I would never utilize any of his methods in dealing with them.

All in all I think he'd make a pretty good friend, but you definitely would never want to be perceived as an enemy by the man...and by all means conduct yourself around him as a lady or gentleman.

I would also say ENTJ, he is ordered, has great intuition and most defiantly a T type. And the villain archetype is often XNTJ.

I would also say ENTJ, he is ordered, has great intuition and most defiantly a T type. And the villain archetype is often XNTJ.
I dunno if this is an archetype Mr. Lecter himself had made..... I think he's one of, if not THE most prominent "genius villain" archetype in Hollywood / Western culture especially in the thriller genre.

And yes, I'm soo attempting to be polite. I'm afraid of being eaten alive, yes; but I'm scared of being Lectured until breakdown.

Reactions: DoveAlexa
I'm not saying I disagree, but why can't he be an S? He seemed to have learned a lot of his "peering into your mind"-ness and he seems extremely good at utilizing his current environment to win in a situation. Sures he's no P from the long-range plans he makes, and T is a given if you discount that its just from his madness, but isn't noticing body language and reading it an Se trait?

I'm not saying I disagree, but why can't he be an S? He seemed to have learned a lot of his "peering into your mind"-ness and he seems extremely good at utilizing his current environment to win in a situation. Sures he's no P from the long-range plans he makes, and T is a given if you discount that its just from his madness, but isn't noticing body language and reading it an Se trait?

No I would argue his Te and Ni are too strong to be Si or Se user . I think he has those traits highly developed but his debate or speaking style reminds me of ENTJ's or ENTP's but hes isn't a P that for sure.

He doesn't strike me as ESTJ or ESTP at all. ESTJ which is the closet to what he would be minus the N. Doesn't make sense at all ESTJs don't read people well. ESTP's can read people physically but not much more than that. And hes way to subtle to be an ESTJ or ESTP. Both types go about things in a fair more direct way. He has the typical ENTX sneaky conniving behavior that makes me skin crawl.

Last edited:
INTJ

Serial killers are genrally introverts and I don't think lecter is any different

Then you've never read Hannibal Rising.

Hannibal is extremely personable and a socialite of Paris and the Eastern Coast U.S. cities. He opens up extremely well to the people all around him in his childhood before the cannibalisation of mischa, his sister. He stays open as a youth.

Te Ni makes sense.

Then you've never read Hannibal Rising.

Hannibal is extremely personable and a socialite of Paris and the Eastern Coast U.S. cities. He opens up extremely well to the people all around him in his childhood before the cannibalisation of mischa, his sister. He stays open as a youth.

Te Ni makes sense.

No I've not read Hannibal Rising.

Was it written by a different person to the original?

If so, there's your answer

Actualy I think I might have that book at home somewhere.

I have a pile of about 100 books waiting to be read, most of which I got for about 20p second hand from the library. I'm pretty sure that is among them

Hmm... Hannibal Lecter?

ENxJ gone mad. This could be a rather sick manifestation of either Te or Fe. In a psychopath, empathy is absent regardless of T/F. T/F would only determine value-based decisions vs. logical decisions.

I would have to talk with him in order to be sure, though, and I'd rather not.

Definitely a T. This was Obvious in his childhood. He's not a Psychopath, it's stated in Silence of the Lambs that they don't know what he is, referring to him simply as "Monster".

If he is a T how come he cut off his own hand instead of Clarices? Why did he track down Dr. Chilton? Why did he need to punish the people who wronged him?

He murdered a butcher for insulting his uncles wife whom he was falling in love with... Hannibal IMO is probably a T, but a psychopathic F could fit too. Like Patrick Bateman in American Psycho, psychopathic F.

He didn't cut off his own hand. Clarice was not against him, from the moment she was attacked by Paul Krendler and the OPR. They spent several weeks together where he drugged her and kept her in constant psychology sessions to bring her closure with her fathers death, eventually merging her personality with his sister, and then his with her father. At the end of the series they go home to their place in Buenos Aires where we're told that they make love constantly. Hell, she didn't even care if Mason Verger went for some personal vengence considering what Lecter did to him, it was his using proxies that made her take action to defend Lecter.

T's also track down people who wrong or insult us. Just because someone's a "feeler" this does not mean they have the monopoly on revenge. When that racist butcher called her a slitty eyed whore and asked if her cunt was horizontal too, I wanted to butcher him as well.