Entyqua

Forgotten
Retired Staff
Jul 11, 2008
MBTI
INF
Enneagram
messed up
Hello I was wondering how INFJ's deal with chronic disease IE: Thyroid disease, diabetes, High blood pressure, IBS ect things that require you to take a drug every day to make your body function normally.....I find this to be annoying why isnt my body functioning with out the drugs....why all of the sudden why now? I have a thyroid condition some of you may already know..I find it so hard to have to rely on a drug to feel good every day (because if I dont take it I am a mess!!) I think about it all the time and it affects me on so many levels...anyone else feel this way!?

Re: Handleing chronic disease

I suffer from this chronic disease known as "immaturity". :mrgreen:

But seriously, I admire people who continue to live their lives to the fullest despite having a chronic disease.

entyqua said:
Hello I was wondering how INFJ's deal with chronic disease IE: Thyroid disease, diabetes, High blood pressure, IBS ect things that require you to take a drug every day to make your body function normally.....I find this to be annoying why isnt my body functioning with out the drugs....why all of the sudden why now? I have a thyroid condition some of you may already know..I find it so hard to have to rely on a drug to feel good every day (because if I dont take it I am a mess!!) I think about it all the time and it affects me on so many levels...anyone else feel this way!?
My dad has a chronic disease but he also doesn't like taking medicine. He has muscle pains oestoperosis and Arthrutius, and indigestion problems and stomach acid. I conviced hin that medicine is the easy and fast way out (sort of like steroids). I told him it would be better to do a long term natural recover .
Swimming and natural medician would be best for long term recovery.

From my experince I feel crazy taking any medicine or creme that I don't know how they work. I don't really trust bussinesses to produce them.
If some one found the cure for everything these companies and docters would be out of work. The busnissess serve to make money. They prefer to have
a steady income from sick pateints. This is just a theory though.

I wish I could become rich or a successfull scientist so I could fund or find out these cures.

My dad deals with it every day. I look up to him for it. Unfortunetely I might have the same problem later on. :cry:

HenRick said:
I don't really trust bussinesses to produce them.
If some one found the cure for everything these companies and docters would be out of work. The busnissess serve to make money. They prefer to have
a steady income from sick pateints. This is just a theory though.

I agree with this 100% and I cried when i found out i had to take a maintenance drug just to survive day to day life :( :oops:

It's good to know that more people can relate to my theory.

I guess it's people like you and my dad that motivate me to be a researcher when I grow up.

HenRick said:
It's good to know that more people can relate to my theory.

I guess it's people like you and my dad that motivate me to be a researcher when I grow up.

:D Im glad you feel so motivated! Keep it up!

I'm in the middle of trying to find out what the heck is wrong with my stomach. It feels like I swallowed gravel and that they are grinding away in my stomach. I have chronic pain. They are testing me for various possibilities. It could be just ulcers or it could be something more serious.

It's just so frustrating because my body has been it's own program for about a year. The list of issues seems to keep grow along with my frustration with it. :roll: :x

My problems pale in comparison to yours but I know how you feel Everything piles and piles till you just cant function almost........there's that nagging where you know something is wrong and Until you have some EXTRAVAGANT symptoms the docs wont do anything about it...

I am really sorry your feeling so unwell....My thoughts are with you!

Yeah, I deal with many constant symptoms that have been labeled 'MVPS/D' (mitral valve prolapse syndrome/dysautonomia) which relate much more to my nervous system than to my heart (though that kicks in every now and again due to compensated mild heart failure).

I started to feel funky a couple years back, suspected my thyroid was kicking the bucket, and quickly found that I was right. My thyroiditis could be caused by the usual autoimmune malfunction, but since it's so mild, it could be my unhealthy, stressed lifestyle, too. I could make it without medication (Armour, or something similar) but I don't need more depression on top of the other depression I have. ;)

I also have who-knows-what hormonal problems that cause androgen excess and near total stoppage of menstruation (except once yearly in May, unless I find someone I'm attracted to), and although I feel ok not having to ride the red tide once a month, I need to keep the ol' uterus conditioned ... or removed. The treatment for that is Yasmin birth control, of course.

I can't stand the thought of being chemically dependent for any reason. It severely depresses me, makes me feel restrained and trapped in a certain lifestyle, and generally chokes the life out of me somehow. I end up wondering why the hell I should bother; after all, is a psychologically decomposing existence better than the physically decomposing one?

But it's not all that bad -- eventually, I'll just adjust, and I'll have to find a new way to live. One way I look at it is that I'm keeping my body up so as to have the privilege to experience the endless entertainment that is life. Plus, I also control my own medication and health care, so I have a grasp of what's happening with me and I feel far less dependent, and, to me, that's an absolute necessity for my mental health and general outlook.

Entyqua~ I've been interested in nutrition and dietietics for the Elderly and people who suffer from chronic disease.

If you don't mind my asking, how does you condition affect your everyday diet? Do you avoid or limit certain food groups, enzymes, fats, proteins, etc...? Is there a way that your diet along with your daily meds could combine to reduce the effect of the disease on your body? Are there foods that would cause adverse reactions in the meds you take and keep them from doing their job properly?

This is all just curiousity of course.

alcyone said:
Entyqua~ I've been interested in nutrition and dietietics for the Elderly and people who suffer from chronic disease.

If you don't mind my asking, how does you condition affect your everyday diet? Do you avoid or limit certain food groups, enzymes, fats, proteins, etc...? Is there a way that your diet along with your daily meds could combine to reduce the effect of the disease on your body? Are there foods that would cause adverse reactions in the meds you take and keep them from doing their job properly?

This is all just curiousity of course.

Dieting with Thyroid conditions is really hard I am supposed to only eat the dense meats but cant afford them I cant eat foods from the Goiter belt (midwestern states of The US) This is because of their lack of a certain substance and i cant remember what it is...i want to say Iodine because we should only have Iodized salt (not sea salt or anything else) Not supposed to have alot of carbs...which is difficult if we have carbs it has to be spinach or whole grain ( pastas and such)

Unfortunately this particular diet is REALLY expensive, :(

Hotherym

You sound so much like me! I too have hormonal problems but they do the opposite for me...my last cycle never stopped for 30 days (just spotting in between each menses) and My hands and feet are SUPER swollen all the time!

You sound so much like me! I too have hormonal problems but they do the opposite for me...my last cycle never stopped for 30 days (just spotting in between each menses) and My hands and feet are SUPER swollen all the time!

What you describe actually sounds a lot like my mom. There's no doubt the stuff I have is genetic, but it shows up differently in everyone. Have you ever asked anyone about more system types of autoimmune dysfunction?

Hotherym said:

What you describe actually sounds a lot like my mom. There's no doubt the stuff I have is genetic, but it shows up differently in everyone. Have you ever asked anyone about more system types of autoimmune dysfunction?

No I despise doctors....I have had several bad experiences with every doctor I have been to and i just feel so done with them...I have to go again REALLY soon Im actually procrastinating so i can RENEW my synthetic thyroid hormone crap...No one wants to listen to me because im slightly overweight (due to the thyroid problem) so they dont want to look past my weight as the underlying problem to all my symptoms...its really annoying. I was actually told I couldnt have children because im fat...Nice right! (D!ck head!!)

I have bad experiences with doctors not knowing enough. I've found that being really overly extraverted, stating the studying I've done, and putting on an air of nonchalant 'arrogance' (wacky ENTJ false self?) that often mirrors their own generally intimidates them into treating me better, if there's a worry.

But yeah, there are certainly some doozies out there, no doubt about it. I tend to avoid them myself, like I said, unless I need a test -- then I just go tell them I need it. It gets to a point with my GPs that they see me and ask what I need this time. Hahah, patient-doctor conditioning.

Hi!

Hotherym: I have the exact same problem as you - M.V.P.S./Dysautonomia. Do you suffer from seizures at all? Do you faint a lot? I have serious problems with arrhythmias, fainting and convulsions (Stokes-Adams Attacks), but my nervous system is pretty messed up, too. My autonomic nervous system was attacked by a serious virus four years ago and has never functioned properly since then. My body temperature is constantly out of whack; I either over-respond to anaesthesia/sedation or I don't respond at all at first, etc.

I've been ill with quite a few chronic illnesses (i.e. I don't just have M.V.P.S./Dysautonomia, but other chronic problems, some of which are pretty serious, as well) for the last four years or so. I'm only eighteen and it's been difficult to manage, since I live in the Hospital and at doctor's rooms. I hate missing university, but usually have little choice in the matter.

Is anyone else here struggling with rare disease?

I admire everyone here for coping, as I know just how hard it can be!

xxx

I have pains that have been going on and off for a while now. All I do is just ignore it.

Some disease is psychosomatic - making sure you have time alone (as an INFJ) is a good idea even just on the level of feeling good/well.

As for pills - don't try to be creative or random in how you take them. Just get into an unchanging routine of how/when you take them and in a short time you won't even be conscious of the fact you take them.

(I think it only fair to say that I don't have chronic disease, but I have to take a giant chondritin/glucosamine tablet every morning because of injuries I have done to my knees/wrist).

Just get into an unchanging routine of how/when you take them and in a short time you won't even be conscious of the fact you take them.

The only problem with that is you start forgetting whether or not you've taken your pills!

:D

I have IBS. But, its not to the point where I have to take a daily pill. I usually try and moderate it through diet.