Gun control? | INFJ Forum

Gun control?

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by arbygil, Sep 24, 2009.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
More threads by arbygil
  1. arbygil

arbygil Passing through

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    Not sure if this article makes me applaud, laugh, or cry...

2. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

Yes. Should control the states ability to get guns.

3. Creon

Creon Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Lawful Evil
    I just don't get this. I understand what some people say about owning a gun in order to protect themselves. But what's the point in owning 25 guns, and at the same time having them armed and ready? Does that guy think he's a superhero? Is he too good for normal sports? Whatever happened to football or basketball?

I wonder what kind of arsenal that guy would have if he lived in a country where everyday danger was a reality.

Maybe he needs them to "protect democracy" on his own.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 Creon, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  4. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

goddamned patriot. Someone has to keep the zombies at bay.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. mjgjr706

mjgjr706 Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    XNTP
    I would rather have an epic arsenal and never need it than to need and epic arsenal and not have it right... Come on who's with me? LETS HORDE ARMAMENTS ! :mxmas:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. DefectiveCreative

Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    4w5 so/sx

7. Creon

Creon Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Lawful Evil

Hobbes once said "leisure is the mother of philosophy".

Today, this no longer applies. Instead, leisure is the mother of excessive stupidity.

8. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

1 ASLAV-C
    1 ASLAV-PC
    2 Accuracy International AW50F
    4 H&K MP5SD3
    5 SR-25
    5 FN MAG
    15 F88S-A2 AuSteyr
    30 Browning Hi-Power

Kept in a Concrete/Reinforced Steel shed up near Murrumujuk.

Just in case of Zombies...

9. VH

VH Variable Hybrid

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    NFJedi
    Enneagram:
    268 sx/so
    Shai, nice arsenal. I thought the Australian government took all the guns away and shredded them, hence the spike in crime rates?

As for anyone else who doesn't understand why Americans want these arsenals... there is a drastic difference in crime rate and expectation of who is going to protect you and those in your care, depending on what part of the country you are in. In the southern US, there is a lot of violent crime, very little police, and emergency response time can be days out in the rural areas.

Gun control is something I strongly support. Everyone should know how to control their guns - whether or not they ever need to use them. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. The question is whether or not someone knows when it is appropriate to shoot someone, and just as importantly, whether or not they will hit the wrong person. Gun related deaths in America are vastly more likely to be at the hands of someone who is not qualified to fire the weapon, and in many cases, not even the person being shot at. Everything from children playing with guns that were not responsibly stored to criminals without carry permits. The problem is not people owning guns. The problem is people who don't control the guns they own.

#9 VH, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  10. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

Actually gun crime went down for most crimes, the only gun crime that spiked was possession.

But yes. These are weapons from the Australian Military. I'd "Requisition" these to outfit a Z-Force.

11. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

This is to aid in this plan...

[​IMG]

12. Creon

Creon Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Lawful Evil
    They do have that right. But that's not the point. The point is spending your time excersizing that right to such an extend, instead of doing anything else that can be productive or enjoyable. It's their choice that is laughable, not their right. Because the point of the right itself is self-protection from certain threats, not the building of an arsenal that is never going to be useful to anyone.
    And if someone says they find it enjoyble buying 25 guns and keeping them armed and ready, then I'd say that's just an indicator of a perverted, uncivilised and unintelligent person. They have free time, and instead of listening to music, reading a book, playing a sport that may contribute to their health, going out for a walk, hell, even get involved in serious politics, they choose to build a goddamn arsenal? I think that's the kind of person the ancients would call a danger to democracy and society.

Oh yeah I forgot. Today, if you have money, it doesn't matter how worthless, barbaric or dangerous you are. All hail the perversion of capitalism.

13. VH

VH Variable Hybrid

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    NFJedi
    Enneagram:
    268 sx/so
    Note, I didn't say gun crime went up. I'd read that violent crime went up, mostly with melee weapons such as machetes, clubs, knives, and the like since all the guns were pretty much gone. Is that not the case?

14. efromm

efromm Hiding In My Shell...
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    InFj
    I went shooting the other day and I have loads of guns they are harmless. It's people that are messed up. Maybe we should educate people a little more instead of trying to scare them into believing that guns are bad. Cars are bad drinking is bad drugs are bad and yet people still use them. I carry a gun daily I have a weapons license that allows me to do so. Some think it is extreme. I call it survival. Had a knife pulled on me a few years back. He ran when my 357 got pointed his way and the police helped him find a new residence at the jail. I find that people are a lot more polite when your armed especially the police. In my state it's the new locals from Cali that are hording everything they can buy. They had to put a two box limit on ammo to stop them from buying cases of ammo at a time. I don't know why everyone is so worried and it makes no sense to me to buy thousands of rounds of ammo for different guns. I have been shooting since I was a kid it's a fun and relaxing hobby. Don't fear guns fear what will happen to you when your not allowed to posses them.

15. alcyone

Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    WTF
    Actually, I heard that part of the reason that people are buying and hoarding is legislation across the countries that will require manufactuers to encode each bullet with an individual serial number and register each box of ammunition sold.

This would result in huge increases in production costs and ginormous increases in retail cost for consumers.

People are buying up and hoarding 'just in case'. I don't really blame people. And technically this bill doesn't in fact infringe on our second amendment rights. I am sure the thinking goes, 'well we aren't restricting a persons ability to buy or keep guns....we are just legislating bullets....Which aren't mentioned in the second amendment'.

What really sucks about all of it....It's fucking impossible to find rounds to go out and practice with. I haven't been able to find any .380 rounds in months and I haven't been able to shoot my little keltec in months because of it.

Really sucks.

16. BenW

Banned

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Wisconsin needs concealed carry...
    We're the second of only two states to not have some form of permit issuing.

17. just me

just me GONE

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    6w5
    A gas truck in the arms of a terrorist is a lot more dangerous than a redneck with a gun. There are extreme situations in most everything. Leave my gun rights be.

18. IndigoSensor

IndigoSensor Product Obtained
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2 sx/so/sp
    Guns leave a very sour taste in my mouth, and I largely do not like them, or care to be near them. In a way they are rather superfluous. That being said, I don't believe that gun rights should be taken away. The majority of people are of sound mind and background to use one. I think that the red-tape and background checks required to own a gun should be tightened by a lot though. Removing gun rights though is a violation of personal rights, even though I hate guns.