Gun Control and the Second Amendment | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Gun Control and the Second Amendment

Sigh. Well, I'll just pipe up and say that guns are very, very, VERY easy to get in the US and if anyone is actually staging a "gun grab" they've got one hell of a challenge cut out for them. I would not personally mind some more restrictive laws around gun ownership, but the only problem I see with that is I doubt those laws would work anyway, because I know people who own guns illegally. Also, I know plenty of people who probably shouldn't have ever been able to purchase a gun but did so quite easily. I'll tell you about two of them.

First was a young woman I knew who was being treated for bipolar disorder, and there was some possibility she was also schizophrenic. She certainly was suicidal; she had been suicidal and had attempted suicide on two previous occasions. She walked into a Bass Pro Shop and obtained a gun easily, and the day she got it, she killed herself with it. There is a fine line between someone who will kill herself and someone who will kill others, and I see no way to know the difference, but I know with absolute certainty that people with debilitating mental illness can and do obtain guns easily. I do not understand why someone who is being actively being treated for severe mental illness, as both the Sandy Hook and Aurora shooters had been, and who had two previous suicide attempts on record, was able to get a gun so easily. I see no reason why it should be that easy. But it was, and now she's dead.

Secondly, I had an elderly relative who owned a gun that was illegal. It was some kind of sawed-off shotgun thing (I don't know exactly) that had been banned ages ago. She had macular degeneration, drank heavily, and had a deep-seated paranoia that people were trying to break in her house and steal her china, and she lived alone and felt she needed protection. Believe me, you did NOT want to approach her house unannounced. We had no idea the thing was illegal, but when she died, we discovered it had been made illegal in about 1960, but no way was she going to give it up. You would have gotten a $250,000 fine if you had been caught with that weapon, but a little old 5' 1" mostly blind lady still had hers. So I don't see how anyone is going to succeed in taking away people's weapons.

That's not even counting the various hunters I know, who for the most part, are quite responsible and sane -- and have lots of guns.

Moral of the story is there are plenty of heavily armed people who really really REALLY shouldn't have guns and I don't think they're going to go away anytime soon.

(Come to think of it, I bet a few of them are on this forum.)

Every big journey starts with one small step. Question is do you want to continue the path you're going in or do you want to change for a brighter future for your kids and grand kids?

Every big journey starts with one small step. Question is do you want to continue the path you're going in or do you want to change for a brighter future for your kids and grand kids?

That's the question? Um, wat? Why...? It's not like anyone would say "No, I really want my children to have an awful future, that would be so awesome!"

Just to clarify what I meant: no, I don't think there is a gun grab going on, nor do I think you need a conspiracy to explain recent events. Weapons have been made illegal for decades, yet people still possess illegal weapons, and it is doubtful they will turn them in en masse; mentally ill people can get guns far too easily in my opinion, guns are currently extremely easy to get in the US, and personally I would not mind more (reasonably) restrictive gun laws. Beyond that I really couldn't say.

You've framed this question in such a way that there is no room for independent thought on the matter. What about the 3,4,5th, and so on options that someone might think of?

Hmm...we don't have guns in England (well, we do...) but I've never really considered them to be the solution to feeling insecure about the safety of mah prerpertah or fermilahh.

People can kill you and you them with anything really.

As for the government side of the argument. I don't know, the US has gone a bit nuts lately so...it's a bit alarming. The states themselves seem to be doing fine but it is just an insane task to try and govern that entire nation and not end up fucking with a lot of people. There are too many wildly different places and people to have blanket laws like "GUNS FOR EVERYONE" or "GUNS FOR NOBODY". I'm glad we don't have a gun culture here and I very rarely even think of them. There is a knife problem and that is sketchy, but if there wasn't that there would be a hammer problem or a knuckle problem...I think it is a human problem. A social problem.

But as for the balance of power between government and citizenry; I think the second ammendment is a good idea. Making guns into a commodity rather than a necessary evil and displaying quite a lack of reverence for instruments of death (and nailing tin cans) is maybe not so good. But that's not something that happened overnight nor something that can be rectified overnight. If a gun were in a house the same way a fire extinguisher is, maybe there wouldn't be such a problem.

Then again, I did spray the fire extinguisher in my house when I was drunk.

It was fun, too.

Yes, you have to have protection from the Gurvernmernt but also they have way better guns than you so you may as well have no guns. Let's face it. But if they are for that purpose then there needs to be a cultural element created that reflects that. If they're for hunting - okay, I guess - different strokes...

But what you don't want is guns freely available so they are in the homes of people who wouldn't know what to do with them if they ever had to and are being used as a stand-in penis or an extension of the ego. They're dangerous and there is a distinct lack of reverence that so permeates the impression I get of American mainstream culture that, when allowed into the area of deadly weaponry, is asking for trouble.

Reactions: barbad0s and Quiet
More like guns allowed Texas to be stolen from the Mexicans. Just sayin'.

You can't steal texas, it belongs to everbody... everybody except the mexicans

I'm just going to point out that I don't want my kids to have brighter future, less they get the skin cancer.

I'm not American so my opinion is probably somewhat biased but i truly believe that gun reform is a must to make America a safer and saner place.

Do you mean to imply that access to firearms makes people psychotic?

You've framed this question in such a way that there is no room for independent thought on the matter. What about the 3,4,5th, and so on options that someone might think of?

Why do you think i'm posting it in a forum?

Do you mean to imply that access to firearms makes people psychotic?

Nope, i imply experiencing mass shootings as a monthly incident makes people psychotic, more over the victim families. Y U so cynical bro?

Nope, i imply experiencing mass shootings as a monthly incident makes people psychotic, more over the victim families.

Of course people whose family members are getting injured or killed are going to be mentally distressed, but that doesn't mean they're psychotic.

Let's agree to disagree then. I still think guns shouldn't be sold like candy.

I'd like to say more on this topic but i'm out of time for today

So i'll quickly make one point. Firstly there are people with ties to Israel such as Michael Chertoff (ex head of US homeland security) whose mother was a mossad agent who might say that guns should be out of the hands of the US public, yet in Israel every man and woman must do military service and they carry guns around with them all the time during that:

idf-female-soldier-offduty.jpg

Why is it that Israelis should be the only be people on the planet allowed to carry guns?

Also doens't that create a conflict of interests if a person who is in charge of US 'homeland security' (i'm pretty sure thats what Hitler called it as well) also has strong links to the intelligence agency of another country (Israel)?

”An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland.”-Hitler

''If the international Jewish financiers . . . should again succeed in plunging the nations into a world war the result will be . . . the annihilation of the Jewish race throughout Europe.''-Adolf Hitler

What do you think of the role of bankers like the Rothschilds in the central banking system of Europe and the US and in the creation of Israel? Does that create a conflict of interests that the bankers behind the central banks of the US and UK also created Israel?

Benjamin Franklin seemed to have a problem with these banking families as well; he had this to say:
''The inability of the colonists to get power to issue their own money permanently out of the hands of George III and the international bankers was the prime reason for the Revolutionary War.''

The problem again and again seems to be this cabal of bankers wit the Rothschilds at the centre

I'll post more quotes about the bankers by famous people when i have more time

Maybe we should just deal witht he bankers then the peoples of the world can live in peace...what do you say?

Reactions: the
Why is it that Israelis should be the only be people on the planet allowed to carry guns?

Barely anyone has a gun here after completing the mandatory 3 years of service (except for police officers which i'm sure we all agree should carry weapons).

Also doens't that create a conflict of interests if a person who is in charge of US 'homeland security' (i'm pretty sure thats what Hitler called it as well) also has strong links to the intelligence agency of another country (Israel)?

I really don't understand what you mean by this, and i see no connection to gun ownership, if you care to elaborate i would be happier :p

What do you think of the role of bankers like the Rothschilds in the central banking system of Europe and the US and in the creation of Israel? Does that create a conflict of interests that the bankers behind the central banks of the US and UK also created Israel?

I don't see how this relates to this thread. However i would gladly discuss this if you would like to make a different thread, since this is interesting to say the least.

I'll post more quotes about the bankers by famous people when i have more time

Please, no need for more quotes. Just write what you think. And please, make it short (as you did with this post), since otherwise i just get lost inside your article sized posts and really can't seem to find the point that you're getting at.

Also, soldiers who receive fire arms only get them after training, and they also get a limited license, until they finish their mandatory service. Plus, only fighter soldiers and commanders get them, and in order to be a fighter you need to pass some psychological tests.

Barely anyone has a gun here after completing the mandatory 3 years of service (except for police officers which i'm sure we all agree should carry weapons).

Everyone on service is required to carry a weapon though and people can be seen dancing on nightclub floors with assault rifles slung over their shoulders

Settlers in the occupied territories also carry guns

Yet you want to tell north americans that they shouldn't have a right to gun ownership?

I really don't understand what you mean by this, and i see no connection to gun ownership, if you care to elaborate i would be happier :p

I'm talking about the cabal of bankers who want to create a centralised government of the neoliberal countries that they will control. They want to destroy US soveringty and to do so they know that they must first disarm the US public who have already thrown off the yoke of the central bankers once before in their revolutionary war

I don't see how this relates to this thread. However i would gladly discuss this if you would like to make a different thread, since this is interesting to say the least.

It has everything to do with the thread. The Rothschilds built Israel and they are one of the families who make up the cabal that run the central banks of Europe and the US. They want to disarm the US public whilst allowing the Israelis to carry weapons (after compulsory military training, like in Sparta)

Please, no need for more quotes. Just write what you think. And please, make it short (as you did with this post), since otherwise i just get lost inside your article sized posts and really can't seem to find the point that you're getting at.

The point is simple

There is a cabal of bankers who control Israel and the US and they want to extend their control over more countries and over the public within the US; part of that plan requires the disarming of the public to shift the balance of power away from the people to the cabal

I don't see Israelis in general as implicated in this plot unless of course they are consciously aware of it and still go along with it in which case i think they are representing fascist forces (the blurring of corporate and government power)

Everyone on service is required to carry a weapon though and people can be seen dancing on nightclub floors with assault rifles over their shoulders

Stupid people do stupid things. Some politicians rape their secretaries. It doesn't mean all do.

Settlers in the occupied territories also carry guns

Of course they do. It's a war zone. Most settlers have a gun license. those who can't get a gun license, don't have a gun, unless it's illegal, and in that case, can go to jail.

There is a cabal of bankers who control Israel and the US and they want to extend their control over more countries and over the public within the US; part of that plan requires the disarming of the public to shift the balance of power away from the people to the cabal

Lol... Look man... Bankers want to have more money and power... Who would've thought? On a serious note though; most men (or women) in power want to have more power... Nothing new about that. I think you are a bit too deep into conspiracy theories. Sure, there are people who would gladly make everyone their slaves. It doesn't mean it can happen.

All in all, your take on the subject is that guns should be allowed to be bought by everyone, because the banks will take over the world.

Let's assume this is not going to happen(just for the argument's sake); would you prefer guns to be less available in the US?

Reactions: barbad0s
Moreover... Do you really think we israelis are running a scheme to be the only people on earth with guns and thus take control over the world? Doesn't that seem a bit fucking stupid pardon my french?

Stupid people do stupid things. Some politicians rape their secretaries. It doesn't mean all do.

No the point is that they are REQUIRED to keep their weapon on them at all times even if they're on a dancefloor

Of course they do. It's a war zone. Most settlers have a gun license. those who can't get a gun license, don't have a gun, unless it's illegal, and in that case, can go to jail.

Why is it a war zone?

Lol... Look man... Bankers want to have more money and power... Who would've thought? On a serious note though; most men (or women) in power want to have more power... Nothing new about that. I think you are a bit too deep into conspiracy theories. Sure, there are people who would gladly make everyone their slaves. It doesn't mean it can happen.

It has happened throughout history

The question is whether or not the american public will give up their guns and allow it to happen when their anscestors didn't

All in all, your take on the subject is that guns should be allowed to be bought by everyone, because the banks will take over the world.

No that's not what i'm saying...you are putting words in my mouth

What i'd like to see is the central bankers being tackled and the printing of money restored to the people

Let's assume this is not going to happen(just for the argument's sake); would you prefer guns to be less available in the US?

It is happening

Moreover... Do you really think we israelis are running a scheme to be the only people on earth with guns and thus take control over the world? Doesn't that seem a bit fucking stupid pardon my french?

I've already answered this....i don't think people should be implicated unless they are consciously aware that they are a part of the plot

Many Israelis are probably completely unaware and many protested against the austerity caused by the global economic crisis (brought about by the bankers)

What i AM saying is that Israel is the personal fiefdom of the Rothschilds and mossad is not the intelligence agency of the Israeli people it is the intelligence agency of the Rothschilds

No the point is that they are REQUIRED to keep their weapon on them at all times even if they're on a dancefloor

That's either complete ignorance or a straight out lie. I've had combat training and the orders were you should keep it locked behind at least 2 locks at all times, if you're not carrying it. Most of the time my gun was at home.

Why is it a war zone?

Because there's a war over territories?

It is happening

Elaborate please (try to do it shortly though please)

I've already answered this....i don't think people should be implicated unless they are consciously aware that they are a part of the plot

You should seriously come to Israel and check things for yourself.

What i AM saying is that Israel is the personal fiefdom of the Rothschilds and mossad is not the intelligence agency of the Israeli people it is the intelligence agency of the Rothschilds

That's ridiculous. Nobody can control the Mossad from outside. You simply can control a world wide intelligence agency from outside. Especially not ours. People have too much morals here. Moreover, they would probably assassinate anyone plotting to control over the world in fascist ways.