Greece could be expelled from the Eurozone | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Greece could be expelled from the Eurozone

Where do you stand on the EU

• Total voters
hah, true, but that was Europes task in the colonial times. Maybe one of Americas satellites will grow to become a superpower like England's America did and ease the pressure.
Hear that Puerto Rico? The pressure is on you! :p

Well, I think europe can be a super power militarily, and indeed it arguably already is. But the endless squabbling over domestic issues will never cement them into a single force with a common goal.
However because of that very tunnel-visioned domestic agenda each member state tends to have, when they are united they unite loads of well-rounded armies.

I'd never like to see a United States of Europe though.
I agree; Europe has the potential for the political/military muscle, but the squabbling will keep them from really solidifying as one. I also agree with you that I wouldn't want to see that. I'd be a real shame to have a one-nation Europe (in my opinion).

And even if Europe did become a second super-power, I highly doubt the US and Europe would have many difficulties. Like what Fukuyama was saying in The End of History, it's highly unlikely for liberal democracies (such as those of the West) to engage in warfare between each other. To do so would most likely be the destruction of both most of the countries involved.

However, I do think it would be rather nice to see a unified Europe in the economic sense (and I think this is very possible) that can challenge US interests, and help stem globalization.

I think economic interdependence is inherently great, but I'm not crazy about the EU.

Hear that Puerto Rico? The pressure is on you! :p

I agree; Europe has the potential for the political/military muscle, but the squabbling will keep them from really solidifying as one. I also agree with you that I wouldn't want to see that. I'd be a real shame to have a one-nation Europe (in my opinion).

And even if Europe did become a second super-power, I highly doubt the US and Europe would have many difficulties. Like what Fukuyama was saying in The End of History, it's highly unlikely for liberal democracies (such as those of the West) to engage in warfare between each other. To do so would most likely be the destruction of both most of the countries involved.

However, I do think it would be rather nice to see a unified Europe in the economic sense (and I think this is very possible) that can challenge US interests, and help stem globalization.
I agree.