the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
I have noticed (at least twice, its obviously a pattern!) that INFJs come here with a goal in mind, which they eventually lose sight of. Is it typical of an INFJ to do things with a sense of vision? Even something as small as a internet forum? What kind of vision would you have for your actions on an internet forum? Why so serious?

Inspired by [MENTION=4827]skippy64[/MENTION]

Type forums are often serious business.

yes, i still have my vision, and am working towards it. these days i am trying harder to resist my compulsions to get diverted in heated discussions because there is simply no point in terms of the goals i want to achieve. of course for some people the primary means of implementing their vision could be campaigning to shift general opinions through online discussion. i think it's possible that some do not have a clear vision and are playing around with ideas. also that some develop a vision which consists primarily in rallying against any notion of vision or achieving anything in this way - for the good of humanity! but yeah i have sometimes thought it would be cool if people would open their minds and use the forum to simply explore the issues more, if only because there is always something more to learn. there does seem to be a tendency to conceive of things in terms of black and white extremes, which rarely reflects reality.

i usually am more focused these days on the self development aspects on the forum, which i frequently half strangle other members to get information about, or because i care about these things, "helpfully" dump my many opinions on them on emotional support threads of others.

Reactions: Gaze
I came here with the intention of 1) discovering whether typing people could identify people who are more like me than the majority of others, and 2) to see if those kinds of people who are typed similarly to me are easier to interact with.

It's an ongoing experiment, but I'm finding as I go along that both are tending towards "yes" results. :)

I had a lot of visions, turned out I just needed to get laid /shrug.

My journey now is about self discovery and healing. Sometimes you just need an outlet.