Global crisis looms... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Global crisis looms...

I thought they only had hummus.

Deep fried Mars Bars and Irn Bru, Fish Suppers and Mince and Tatties....oh, and Pizza, you can get Pizza everywhere, lol!

Reactions: James
It's actually really funny to read that you, @James, have not been to Scotland, and @LittleLissa, you have never been to the Isle of Skye.
As an American, I'd be on my way to those places right now if I lived as close as you two do. But then, the USA is huge and we don't think it is weird to drive across several states for the weekend. My husband commutes 75 miles each way per day.

Deep fried Mars Bars and Irn Bru, Fish Suppers and Mince and Tatties....oh, and Pizza, you can get Pizza everywhere, lol!

I'm not sure I could survive on such a low calorie diet. Lol. Its strange the "chip shop" divide in Britain. If you go south they have salad cream (urrg..) whereas here you can get mushy peas (oh yeah!).

But maybe a hundred miles north ? You can get gravy with your chips. Gravy. Omg.
This was how God intended chips to be served.

It's actually really funny to read that you, @James, have not been to Scotland, and @LittleLissa, you have never been to the Isle of Skye.
As an American, I'd be on my way to those places right now if I lived as close as you two do. But then, the USA is huge and we don't think it is weird to drive across several states for the weekend. My husband commutes 75 miles each way per day.

Honestly @Asa ? It's not far geographically to Scotland, but I'd be a little nervous to go there. They are (understandably) not so keen on the English.

They haven't been the same since Mel Gibson made that film. One day I'll visit. Maybe. ;)

Reactions: Asa and Littlelissa
Metaphors?

Muesli= New Zeland
Croissants = Brit & Irish Lions
Weatibix = English Gold
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

and @LittleLissa, you have never been to the Isle of Skye.

..I know it's a disgrace, I have only made it half way up the Highlands...my friends live in the Highlands and in the summer they have to go out in Bee Keeper outfits because of the midges. My god it's a beautiful, amazing place though, (Scourie).

I did also go to the Isle of Iona which was amazing, Edinburgh which was fun, but I'm more keen to spend time with Glasgow. The Glaswegians are a gas from what I can tell.... I also don't live that far from Loch Ness.

Last edited:
Lol!

I've never had that but funnily enough the Chinese Buffet, eat as much as you like, Jimmy Changs does it.

@LittleLissa That is hilarious. :)

@Sandie33 good metaphor but I doubt the kiwis will be eating muesli. Raw meat or freshly killed British rugby fans maybe.

Watch the "dance" they do at the start of games. I think it's called the haka or something. I can't bear to watch it. They will batter us tomorrow. Lol

Reactions: Littlelissa
@LittleLissa ha ha, thank you that's a lovely invitation, pizza in Scotland ? I'm shocked. I thought they only had hummus.

Auto correct nearly made that into hamas. This is probably what happened to Jeremy Corbyn. #fightthepower
Scotland has some of the most diverse food I have ever come across. Maybe because I did not expect it. But what stands out is how good it all is. I did not go to a single place to eat for dinner that did not have stellar food. And many of these were hole in the walls.

@James, where I grew up we had poutine, which is a glorious food with chips, gravy, and cheese curds.
Yes, some US places make what they call 'poutine'. Hahahaha. But they're wrong.

@LittleLissa - Yes, people wear hats with netting here, too. Luckily, the black fly season here is only May and half-way through June.

Scotland has some ties of the most diverse food I have ever come across. Maybe because I did not expect it. But what stands out is how good it all is

Did you ever try Haggis with Neeps (Swede) and Tatties (Potatoe)? That's one of my favourite Scottish dishes. Where have you visited EH?

N.B. It was a joke about Scottish food. :wink:

Last edited:
@LittleLissa That is hilarious. :)

@Sandie33 good metaphor but I doubt the kiwis will be eating muesli. Raw meat or freshly killed British rugby fans maybe.

Watch the "dance" they do at the start of games. I think it's called the haka or something. I can't bear to watch it. They will batter us tomorrow. Lol

Holy haka James! :fearscream: They look like a rough bunch of trees.
...and talk about getting one's psyche on oh my.

no pending Ice Age for me...Just trying to be helpful[/QUOTE

Thanks Chuck, aw, a'ways looking out for me

Reactions: Sandie33 and James
Did you ever try Haggis with Neeps (Swede) and Tatties (Potatoe)? That's one of my favourite Scottish dishes. Where have you visited EH?

N.B. It was a joke about Scottish food. :wink:
Probably. I had a ton of haggis for breakfast and whatever else was served with it...capers etc. Also had blood sausage. I am absolutely a haggis fan.

Went to Edinburgh. Intended to have made it back by now but have not accomplished that yet.

Went to Edinburgh. Intended to have made it back by now but have not accomplished that yet.

Some great bars in Edinburgh, really cool - it's a fun place. Lol, you must have been full all day after Haggis and blood sausage for breakfast! When I was there I stayed in Leith. I agree Haggis is ridiculously tasty.

Last edited:
Haha, we love our Weet-Bix! But if we must sacrifice our love for those bix made of wheat to defend our country against the Barmy Army invasion, we will!

Haha, we love our Weet-Bix! But if we must sacrifice our love for those bix made of wheat to defend our country against the Barmy Army invasion, we will!

Lions Captain Sam Warburton "We were determined to win this one, after they impounded our Weetabix"

@LittleLissa @Sandie33 ha ha. I can't believe it, they actually beat New Zealand ! First win there since 1993 ...

:) :) :)

Lions Captain Sam Warburton "We were determined to win this one, after they impounded our Weetabix"

@LittleLissa @Sandie33 ha ha. I can't believe it, they actually beat New Zealand ! First win there since 1993 ...

:) :) :)
Goodness, they must like their porridge huh. :D
Congratulations to the team James.