Getting serious | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Getting serious

^ oh, are you two talking now?

Can the rest of us stop holding our breath around this horseshit or do we still need to play "interpret the tone"? Honest to God not trying to be a dick, but my patience is wearing thin with how your personal quarrel influences the public mood around here and I'd rather just get a straight answer than wonder. It's annoying, tbh.

^ oh, are you two talking now?

Can the rest of us stop holding our breath around this horseshit or do we still need to play "interpret the tone"? Honest to God not trying to be a dick, but my patience is wearing thin with how your personal quarrel influences the public mood around here and I'd rather just get a straight answer than wonder. It's annoying, tbh.
No idea, dude, lol, but I'm not the type to bear grudges.

If she wants to be cordial, or quash it in private, then I'm up for that.

Reactions: grt$5vb and Korg
What does the term "getting serious" mean to you, and what are signs that a romantic relationship is "getting serious"?

Somebody recently asked me if they thought my relationship was "getting serious" and I was kind of taken aback by the question. I wasn't even really sure what that was supposed to mean, lol. It also seems like a weird question to ask but here we are
It depends a lot on who's asking and why. For example .... if it's your mum, and she's got would-be grandma looks in her eyes, that's very different than if it's a friend just being nosy or maybe having concerns about whether its a good thing for you :D. It would be different again if the person asking is wondering about making a play for you - or maybe for the person you are interested in and wants to suss out the competition, or is anxious not to damage your friendship over a love tangle. I think the way to respond would depend on the circumstances.

I take the term 'getting serious' to mean that a relationship has got to the point where you have started to have quite a lot invested in each other emotionally, and have a mutual commitment to each other to the point where one of you exploring someone else romantically at the same time would feel like a betrayal, for example. I'm not sure that it's a good thing to stick labels on these things though - in the good ol' days it used to be called 'courting' which is a term I can't stand lol.

All too often a woo-hoo ends with a boo-hoo though
giphy.gif

When she starts putting her clothes in a drawer and leaves a hairbrush and pink razors in your bathroom

She thinks it's serious, I think it's free shave night