Genius and Insanity | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Genius and Insanity

I think in all these discussions, we are neglecting an important group - those who are genius or technically very gifted or have a more than above average intelligence but who don't know it and don't realize that they're more capable in some areas or have a higher level of intelligence in an area more than most, maybe even assuming that everyone probably has the same ability as they do and just isn't working working hard enough to fulfill their potential. We always tend to completely miss this portion of the genius population -the ones who're not aware of it.

but who says a genius is not normal? Perhaps most are normal but we don't notice them because we're busy paying attention to those who are more "eccentric" or who's personalities or exceptionalities are more obvious or visible.

I would never intend for one to think I feel a genius as not being normal. Many people do not lay all their cards on the table.

"you know when someone is crazy when they continue to deny they are crazy"...Brad Pitt "Twelve Monkeys"

somehow this quote came to mind reading this post:mhula:

"you know when someone is crazy when they continue to deny they are crazy"...Brad Pitt "Twelve Monkeys"

somehow this quote came to mind reading this post:mhula:

I am reminded of the term "crazy as a fox".

You folk type too fast. heh

I would never intend for one to think I feel a genius as not being normal. Many people do not lay all their cards on the table.

[MENTION=680]just me[/MENTION] . . . sorry, i meant it more as general question, not to accuse you. :)

@just me . . . sorry, i meant it more as general question, not to accuse you. :)

[MENTION=1669]Anita[/MENTION], you just gave me the opportunity to try and say something I had said in a better, more understandable way. I do not want to be misunderstood. I thank you for saying what you said. I think I know your spirit here well enough to need no apologies, yet almost expect one to not hurt any feelings out there.