Generation Wars | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Generation Wars

Some of them definitely are entitled. As a Gen Xer I find both the Boomers and Millies to behave about the same. There are good people in both generations, but the bad ones behave similarly.
In fairness you can be a stupid poopoodoodoo face in any generation.

Just get out there and act like everyone in the service industry is your personal slave ;)

Just get out there and act like everyone in the service industry is your personal slave ;)

It's such a bad idea. Don't mistreat people who handle your food.

- My former boss in the food industry said that to two men who were harassing me. He was a great guy.

I've had to deal with fewer Millennial issues than the average millennial (/maybe Gen Z, I was born in 1995 so it depends which numbers you use), so take this with a grain of salt, but I find the pessimism and alarmism that's supposed to be "my" voice kind of annoying.

I don't have strong opinions on the other generations really. Though I think growing up before the internet would've been cool.

Yesterday a friend posted this meme. A Millennial replied, stating that he had made a list of all the generations and wondered if there was one between Millennials and Boomers. He didn't know what that generation, if it existed, was called. I laughed and laughed. It was a meme come true.

My friend replied, "Generation X. We're called Generation X."

I do not hate either Boomers or Millennials, btw.

Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 8.29.24 AM.png

Though I think growing up before the internet would've been cool.

It was :D

But then there were other problems. In the UK we were 4 minutes from a nuclear apocalypse for most of my childhood and youth. I remember going to school at the height of the Cuban missile crisis and wondering if we'd still be here at the end of the day. Every age has its problems and its advantages.

So just for fun, I'm gonna add this into the mix: https://www.lifecourse.com/about/method/generational-archetypes.html

Do those of you belonging to one of the generations it talks about think it's accurate for you? I don't fit mine well, but that's how it is with broad trends I guess. :p

Interesting!

generations are born during a spiritual awakening, a time of social ideals and spiritual agendas when youth-fired attacks break out against the established institutional order. Nomads grow up as underprotected children during this awakening, come of age as alienated young adults in a post-awakening world, mellow into pragmatic midlife leaders during a historical crisis, and age into tough post-crisis elders. By virtue of this location in history, such generations tend to be remembered for their rising-adult years of hell-raising and for their midlife years of hands-on, get-it-done leadership. Their principle endowments are often in the domain of liberty, survival, and honor. Their best-known historical leaders include Nathaniel Bacon, William Stoughton, George Washington, John Adams, Ulysses Grant, Grover Cleveland, Harry Truman, and Dwight Eisenhower. These have been cunning, hard-to-fool realists—taciturn warriors who prefer to meet problems and adversaries one-on-one. (Example among today’s living generations: Generation X.)

Yes, born during a time of social ideals and spiritual agendas when youth-fired attacks break out against the established institutional order.

Yes, grew up underprotected.

I'm in mid-life now and I think we could say we're in a time of historical crisis.

Will I be a tough post-crisis elder? I don't know.

Survival. Sure.

Liberty. Maybe?

Honor. I don't know.

Cunning. Nope.

Hard-to-fool. I don't know.

Realist. I think so.

Taciturn warrior. Nope. Nope. Verbose. "kill 'em with kindness"

prefers to meet problems and adversaries one-on-one. Sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On average, accuracy of prediction so-so for me, personally.