Gamergate controversary | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Gamergate controversary

The idea that anonymity turns people into assholes is also not very accurate but that doesn't mean it does not statistically harbor more assholery.
*sigh* Welp, no point in weighing into this conversation.

Reactions: sprinkles
Enjoy the hatred of GG... the evul 8chan GG subset no less.

Live thread https://8chan.co/gg/res/264439.html#264975

Saved at certain point in time http://puu.sh/codPB/692cd001f6.html

Certainly average non-gamer america is more inclusive amirite

Or maybe this is just a decentralized ploy where people in unison magically pretend to not be transphobic misogyturds, or maybe a single person is behind all of those posts with different proxies set up so it gives different thread ID strings and somehow no one else posts there.

Or maybe this is just a decentralized ploy where people in unison magically pretend to not be transphobic misogyturds, or maybe a single person is behind all of those posts with different proxies set up so it gives different thread ID strings and somehow no one else posts there.

Maybe instead of viewing them as so called 'transphobic misogyturds,' you could see them as human beings who are hiding difficult emotional problems and you could begin to see them with less hatred in your heart and their words as no longer hurtful:

[video=youtube_share;CUvFeyGxaaU]http://youtu.be/CUvFeyGxaaU[/video]

Also on a serious note, it obviously is a ploy. Half ploy and half ironic shitposting.

Nobody acts like that for real. They're trying too hard to prove they're inclusive. TBH I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them are sock puppets.

If you can't tell then you have problems reading social dynamics.

Edit: and in fact maybe you know that already and are trying to troll us with it. That would be meta.

[MENTION=5525]latte[/MENTION]
Also they wouldn't have to assuage fears that they're not all haters if they didn't pretend to be haters half the fucking time.

I swear the anon posting style is about the most annoying thing on the planet. Rather watch normal people being assholes than these people being 'nice'.

Last edited:
You're probably right mr/ms. 2 friends on steam.

Social dynamics. They blew right past my autism. How could I not see the evil ploy.

/lgbt/ was probably also in existence since 4chan just waiting for this very moment, obviously populated by oppressive privileged white cis males roleplaying in a flakiest of the flaky /pol/ tier jewspiracy sort of plot. /fem/ and /cuteboys/ are also totally just a smokescreen against misogyny and homophobia.

How could I not see this. My half-african androgynous bisexual self was fooled by these vile manipulative white cis male scumbags.

Argh.

tfw you find out your life is a lie http://puu.sh/coq2j/90ffbb2226.jpeg

You're probably right mr/ms. 2 friends on steam.

Social dynamics. They blew right past my autism. How could I not see the evil ploy.

/lgbt/ was probably also in existence since 4chan just waiting for this very moment, obviously populated by oppressive privileged white cis males roleplaying in a flakiest of the flaky /pol/ tier jewspiracy sort of plot. /fem/ and /cuteboys/ are also totally just a smokescreen against misogyny and homophobia.

How could I not see this. My half-african androgynous bisexual self was fooled by these vile manipulative white cis male scumbags.

Argh.

tfw you find out your life is a lie http://puu.sh/coq2j/90ffbb2226.jpeg

You're exactly why I hate gamers. Thanks for reinforcing the example.

Edit: moreover you're doing exactly as I predicted. You're the toxicity I speak of.

[MENTION=5525]latte[/MENTION]
Moreover, *chans are poison regardless. I don't give a shit how much of an oppressed minority you are when all you do is talk in sarcasm and image macros. You've swallowed their schtick hook line and sinker.

It's so ironic that anons are supposed to be so inclusive yet they have nigh incomprehensible and impenetrable mannerisms which they all copy from each other to the point where they nearly appear the same and 90% of it is forced memes.

Maybe I'm wrong and the people on that board are not faking it. But maybe I'm confused because they're faking SOMETHING. The forced anonisms are ridiculous on those boards and they still are when you do them here.

Do I do that stuff? Sure. Maybe 10%, 25% of the time. However when I do it, I don't force it, it has impact, and I'm actually good at it. These people have ruined artful sarcasm to the point where it means nothing.

Edit:
Also I'm fucking tired of hearing about Hitler.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peppermint
The only gamers I take seriously are the ones who makes it to the ram overload screen in donkey kong. Everyone else ("gamers") is a poseur.

Someone posted pretty much what I think.

Some dude got cheated on by his girlfriend, Zoe Quinn. Quinn is an independent game developer. He wrote a long blog post about it and then reposted it all over the internet. It falsely accused his ex of sleeping with journalists for good stories (the journalist in question never wrote a positive review). It set off a firestorm. He "left" his job to devote his life to bitching about his ex-girlfriend.

They claim it is about journalism ethics. As though gaming journalism ethics is a thing.
But, even if, the people who are supposed to have ethics are the journalists not the people trying to get press for their product. But it wasn't triggered by the fact that every single gaming site has advertising for the games they review and have since the very start. It was triggered by false allegations that one woman slept with a journalist. And the ire was directed at the woman not the journalist.

Now they claim the media is covering up the true story to protect themselves. Because you know how powerful gaming journalists are. Every media outlet will just bend to the will of gaming journalists no one has ever heard of!!

But the only way to be an independent free thinker is to think what they want. And they are standing up to the establishment. You know the establishment of gaming journalists no one cares about.

Additionally:
It goes something like this:

1. Bitter gamer dude gets angry because his ex, who happens to be a game designer, allegedly slept with 5 other dudes, at least one of whom was a games journalist who wrote a brief blurb about her game before he slept with her.

2. Other bitter gamers dudes who have issues with women take that as an opportunity to prove that chicks can only get their chick games (which don't involve violence and girls with big boobs rendered by state-of-the-art graphics engines) promoted by sleeping with games journalists. Because b*tches be like that, using sex to get stuff from poor oppressed men. They use the 4chan BBS as their main base of organisation, because it's been an environment that traditionally welcomed that kind of nuanced discourse.

3. This builds, because saying gamergaters "are the kind of people that think playing video games is something more than a frivolous distraction" is putting it mildly. These are people who have a level of entitlement that only comes from the privilege of having their desires catered to throughout the entire 30-year life of a multi-billion-dollar entertainment industry.

4. However, the misogyny and the adolescent MRA and PUA attitudes that are also an unfortunate part of the gaming boy's club culture start turning off a lot of people. So the gamergaters pivot by claiming it was about corruption and cronyism in the industry/press all along (even though this has been a real problem for decades but wasn't on their radar until now).

5. This fools no-one, and geek heroes and celebrities who, unlike these kinds of fan, have a life outside fandom and healthy relationships with women start disavowing the movement due to its nastiness and rancor.

6. Finally even 4chan feels this is too much for their cesspool, so they close down the gamergate forums. Which brings us to this article.

Reactions: the
Maybe instead of viewing them as so called 'transphobic misogyturds,' you could see them as human beings who are hiding difficult emotional problems and you could begin to see them with less hatred in your heart and their words as no longer hurtful:

[video=youtube_share;CUvFeyGxaaU]http://youtu.be/CUvFeyGxaaU[/video]

If haters hate because they got problems then what problems do haters who hate haters have?

Yeah I have emotional problems and I admit it. I hate what I see in myself and I don't consider myself a good person and it pisses me off to see other people get away with shit I got called on. Especially when I'm not even that serious and am being at least half civil but people go straight to the sarcasm and shit. Give me one reason I should respond well when people get in my face instantly like there's no in between.

It's the right thing to do? Bullshit. I'm not gonna die being martyred as a doormat.

Have a thick skin? Bullshit. Thick skin is bullshit. People just hit you harder because they think you can take it. Or because they actually want to get through even. And then you want to retaliate because they're using artillery on you n shit.

If haters hate because they got problems then what problems do haters who hate haters have?

Yeah I have emotional problems and I admit it. I hate what I see in myself and I don't consider myself a good person and it pisses me off to see other people get away with shit I got called on. Especially when I'm not even that serious and am being at least half civil but people go straight to the sarcasm and shit. Give me one reason I should respond well when people get in my face instantly like there's no in between.

It's the right thing to do? Bullshit. I'm not gonna die being martyred as a doormat.

Have a thick skin? Bullshit. Thick skin is bullshit. People just hit you harder because they think you can take it. Or because they actually want to get through even. And then you want to retaliate because they're using artillery on you n shit.

Text is so great in one way because it affords me time to collect my thoughts, organize them in a certain fashion, and posit a line of thought that I believe will lead to the best overall outlook. This can also lead to a certain artificial perspective that I, myself, might not even hold to.

In my daily life, I can be a real dick. A truly rude, misanthropic asshole. I will lie to people and play dumb just so I don't have to answer stupid questions. I'm sure I've lost my cool on this forum enough times to probably be able to demonstrate my anger even in a written format.

My point being that it is okay to be angry at other people. I only mean to express a deeper understanding of the issues and alleviate some of that anger. And if so inclined maybe posit a better route to dealing with these issues.

If they piss you off, let 'em know. I might tell off someone trying to troll me, "I'm not so much of a loser trying to troll other people all day," and then not respond to their need to get the last word in (which they will or I might point it out beforehand).

They are not going to get past their issues in a day nor are you going to solve them in a day neither will there never be more kids desparately trying to overcome their insecurities through the belittlement of others. Let it go and move past it.

[MENTION=4822]Matt3737[/MENTION]

You wouldn't believe how many times I've given that same advice. Fact is though, I don't want to let go. I'm that petty and perverse. I know it doesn't solve anything and I never planned to solve anything. I'm not interested in fixing anybody. I'm interested in spite.

[MENTION=4822]Matt3737[/MENTION]

You wouldn't believe how many times I've given that same advice. Fact is though, I don't want to let go. I'm that petty and perverse. I know it doesn't solve anything and I never planned to solve anything. I'm not interested in fixing anybody. I'm interested in spite.

There's plenty of room for venting and anger. As long as you don't let it get the better of you or let it put you someplace you don't want to be. There is little to gain, but much to lose.

Nobody can go indefinitely without respite. In the same way that police, during a chase, will let a suspect tire themselves out and give up rather than putting up a fight. Let it all out if need be, but keep your endgame in mind for your own well-being because there is no winning involved.

This just needs to die.

Game developers can and should make whatever they want to make. And with the rise in indie development, they can and will make whatever they want to make.

There's a reason they do what they do and that reason is the community as a whole eats it up. People who are asking for art games are a minority. We didn't get a multi-billion dollar industry by accident you know.

Telling them what they can make is like telling you what you can write, or paint or sing or think. They can do what they want. Doesn't make it right or good but they still can.

And as for game journalism... it's always been a borderline crock.

Written reviews are useless anymore. Don't believe a single word they say. If you want to see how a game is, go find a player that does first looks, such as TotalBiscuit, or live streamers so you can see the game being played and see how fun it is (or not)

I don't think you appreciate the seriousness of what has happened and is happening in a wider perspective.

She probably shouldn't use the term "cultural marxist", but it has come to mean what she uses it as, so. Sorry communists.

[video=youtube;45H25Sc6fig]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45H25Sc6fig[/video]

The thing is, there is a concerted drive towards a specific result. Most people involved even at the public persona level are just useful idiots, but the end-game is there nonetheless. That endgame is the abolition of anonymity on the internet, like it has been done in South Korea, but harsher, and trying to build public support for cultural censorship under the guidance(boot) of the state, using video games as one strong foot of several feet that are currently attempted to be jammed in the door.

Last edited:
I'd just like to say I'm a gamer, of mmorpgs, stragey and rpgs mostly, and after reading the wiki I haven't the slightest of why this specifically is an issue, besides somebody making it one... we could start a thread for every troll that games online, which would be a fair percentage of them. Parents should probably keep their kids from some of the games just because people are people, but you're going to have to grow some skin if you want to play games online, or even interact with people... it seems like anonymity turns a number of people into trolls, or that at least it brings out the inner troll in them. They're the reason ignore lists exist.

Last edited: