Full Metal Alchemist: The Remake | INFJ Forum

Full Metal Alchemist: The Remake

Satya

C'est la vie
Retired Staff
May 11, 2008
MBTI
INXP
So apparently they have completely remade the Full Metal Alchemist series to a version that remains true to the manga. I've never heard of an entire anime series being redone like this before. Apparently it is set to begin airing this April in Japan. What are your thoughts?

I'm not familiar with the manga. I wanted to like FMA, and it certainly had some good aspects but it mostly annoyed me.

Hopefully the manga is awesome and so this new series will be too? No idea.

nOOOo i love it the way it is right now lol

but i'll be happy to read it again...my sis and i LOVE that anime

I had just found out about this. I was watching an AMV which was mostly made of scenes that took place during WWII era Europe, which would have taken place immediately after the original series. Doing a search, I found out about this new series, which seems to be a remake. I still don't know where the scenes in the AMV came from. Was there an OVA made? Anyways, I downloaded the first episode of the remake. It looks pretty good.

Last edited:
when is it coming out?

I've only ever read the first volume and I have never seen the television show. Hopefully it will be good though.

Ooh, I heard there was going to be a remake!

I LOVE Full Metal Alchemist!

And, yes, the new one is out: Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

I haven't watched the new one yet, but here's hoping! (Also, if there's anything wrong with posting these links, someone please tell me.)

EDIT: It seems Brotherhood isn't "widely" available outside the USA, but the Funimation server (link opens new window) works for Canada.

Last edited:
Okay, so I just watched the first episode of Brotherhood. It's too early for me to have a set opinion, and I never read the manga, so my "first love" is the original anime. I don't think I like how much they gave away in the first episode of Brotherhood. I really liked how the original anime played the story out. It only played one card at a time, so to speak. I feel like Brotherhood already showed me half it's hand. I'm still hoping I'll like it in it's own way, but I've a feeling that I'll always like the original anime better.

you play dragon fable Milon?

i love that game lol

you play dragon fable Milon?

i love that game lol

MechQuest, actually. My bro has a dragon fable account that I play with once in a while. They're both good. :)

Does anyone enjoy FMA:Brotherhood? I'd like to see a positive slant on it to help me balance my perspectives. Remember, apart from Brotherhood my only experience is the anime itself... Well... and the movie too. ;) Just not the manga.

is it true that the best alchemist, the 12 year old who lost his brother in the attempt to bring his mother back is an entp?

is it true that the best alchemist, the 12 year old who lost his brother in the attempt to bring his mother back is an entp?

I could believe it. Ed seems to liberally employ both Ne and Ti.

I like it a lot more than the original, but I love the manga so my opinion is bias.

As I've told you Shai, Ed is ENTP.

I'm more interested in knowing if it's true that Al is INFP. He seems quite INFJ to me.

Ed is like a non-stereotype version of Destruction from The Endless, Shai.

Last edited:
I like it a lot more than the original, but I love the manga so my opinion is bias.

As I've told you Shai, Ed is ENTP.

I'm more interested in knowing if it's true that Al is INFP. He seems quite INFJ to me.

Ed is like a non-stereotype version of Destruction from The Endless, Shai.

Al - in the original anime - strikes me as more INFJ than INFP.

I had just found out about this. I was watching an AMV which was mostly made of scenes that took place during WWII era Europe, which would have taken place immediately after the original series. Doing a search, I found out about this new series, which seems to be a remake. I still don't know where the scenes in the AMV came from. Was there an OVA made? Anyways, I downloaded the first episode of the remake. It looks pretty good.

Are you sure this wasn't from the movie?

Are you sure this wasn't from the movie?

Yeah, I guess it was. I didn't know one was made. I'll check that out eventually.

Anyways... on to the new series. I like it so far. It has a different focus than the original. Whereas the original focused on the concerns of the Elric Brothers, the new series gets most of their back story out of the way immediately and focuses mostly on the horrific atrocities of the military and the Elric's struggle with their relationship to the military.

Not to say that didn't play a part in the original, but it didn't come in until much later in the series. I think this series is gonna try to focus more on that rather than the Elric's past.

This series also seems to move much faster. There were quite a few filler episodes in the first series. I don't think there will be many (if any) in this.