Friend experiences with "the bitter truth" | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Friend experiences with "the bitter truth"

ShaiGar said:
CokeNut said:
ShaiGar said:
not matter how much she pisses me off she's still my mother and i won't strip her dignity.

Now that is the sweetest thing you've said on this board so far :shock: :D
Bullshit!

ShaiGar said:
Blind Female Technician: "If there's anything I hate more than pity, it's fake pity from a walking hard-on like Ralph"
Francis Dolorhyde: "I have no pity"
Blind Female Technician: *Smiles*

I like this one because finally in his life he meets a woman who cannot see his ugliness, and she meets a man who will not pity her blindness. The moment is touching.

Okay, Okay ... I missed that. :roll:

Still I think the whole respect for your mother thing is by far sweeter. Keep in mind that at this point in my life I am a mother above all else ... :D

CokeNut said:
If done privately I too will hang my head in shame (and even cry) when given a good talking to :oops: The key is that whatever I have to be ashamed of is kept private. Even if I am wrong if someone tries to correct me in public I go ballistic.

Bingo I think you just told me the problem. Maybe I should confront her in private. Just today she was really ticked because
she heard me order a peper corn dish and I told her that I actually ordered surgar corn dish. Her sister also Insisted that she
heard the samehing. They confused what I said with what my cousin said. My cousin agreed with me (he was right next
to me when I said it). I stood firm and said what I ordered. My mom exploded (since It was in public). She did calm down
and forget the problem.

Also before that today she was ticked that my sister didn't finished eating her cracker (which was a nasty lime taste) and she
used a tissue paper to put it on top. She started complaining that it was wasting tissue paper that I was mine (I've been sick
the whole time since I went to brazil). So my dad told her it wasn't worth arguing then she's like "why are you timidating me".:roll:
She makes my dad made. He leaves and she competely forgets about it.

I totally go ballistic and then forget all about it ... sometimes in less than an hour. :oops:

People can't handle the bitter truth. Best to sweeten it up for them. It's one of my lifes lessons.

Reactions: Solongo
People can't handle the bitter truth. Best to sweeten it up for them. It's one of my lifes lessons.

+1. Ive yet to learn that life lesson:m075:

When my mom awoke from her quadruple bypass surgery (at the age of 75), she would not believe my sister's assurances that the operation was a success and she was going to recover. She had to hear it from me because she knew that I would give her the bitter truth.

Dave gives me the bitter truth all the time.

Reactions: Stu and invisible
I seldom know enough to offer the "bitter" truth, and I don't know anyone well enough for them to dish it out to me. I prefer to travel alongside and let people figure out the truth on their own.

I seldom know enough to offer the "bitter" truth, and I don't know anyone well enough for them to dish it out to me. I prefer to travel alongside and let people figure out the truth on their own.

Sounds ploddingly frustrating.

When my mom awoke from her quadruple bypass surgery (at the age of 75), she would not believe my sister's assurances that the operation was a success and she was going to recover. She had to hear it from me because she knew that I would give her the bitter truth.

You didnt give her any thing bitter though. She'd recover. I just wanted to highlight that. If I may use a gross generalization of people, had you given her the bitter truth she probably would have a hard time with it.

An example of the bitter truth is that she would live a long painful life in which she couldnt leave the hospital and her kids would be raised by her abusive ex husband and his wife who teaches the children to hate her. Thats what bitterness is.

Last edited:
You didnt give her any thing bitter though. She'd recover. I just wanted to highlight that. If I may use a gross generalization of people, had you given her the bitter truth she probably would have a hard time with it.

An example of the bitter truth is that she would live a long painful life in which she couldnt leave the hospital and her kids would be raised by her abusive ex husband and his wife who teaches the children to hate her. Thats what bitterness is.

There was nothing bitter to give, but had there been she knew I would tell her. Your example is too speculative. The truth is bitter when it is not what we want to hear, but wholly true.