Friction among members | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Friction among members

True....I almost always disagree with myself!!! Why? Because of those other possibilities that I know arer out there.

I fully respect the fact that people learn, receive input and grow via different preferences and modes...some of which it just so happens that I may not like personally. I spent many, many years producing short-form documentaries and a big part of that was interviewing people, face-to-face, about what makes them tick. All in all it was extremely rewarding work, the results of which still rumble about in my frayed little noggin. Anyway, the process of inquiry and then further inquiry, probing via an array of recirculating questions did, in fact, mean getting at deeper meanings and more complete understanding of these people, their motivations, and their complexity. But....as trust was a major factor in producing these pieces...I had to do all this in a respectful manner. Almost as a learner. It is possible.....friction is not a requirement at all from my point of view.

:m054:

Thanks, guys - You all have ways with words, too! Everyone here has something I can listen to, really, and for that I appreciate - well, everyone.

As to the (continuing?) question, I'd say it can be a question of preference, and overall atmosphere. You have to respect the atmosphere, and respect each other in it. It's like going to a wedding and wearing goth clothes. Unless it's a goth wedding, you just don't do that - it's disrespectful. Demeanor has as much importance as does words said. Friction occurs in many ways, and sometimes it's simply someone coming in and acting like themselves in a place where they may need to tone it down. It's that weird little 'unsaid' expectation.

Anyway. There's a lot of grace here. We really do wait a long, long time before deciding things. If people are still annoyed and upset over what's been occurring for the past ten days (and it's been more than just a few) I invite them to PM me for further discussion. I'd hate to see any angry passive-aggressive digs at other members (and yes, members include staff) because someone's still upset.