Free lunch in this world!

Roger

Oct 7, 2009
MBTI
ENFP
Enneagram
-
It doesn't exist in this world.

I laugh out load when i see people seeking for free lunch thing, something of nothing. Get things without paying its price or without giving anything in desired direction.

Well, never try for this thing. You will always remain empty.

Life is about give and take, friends, what do you think? Not take and give.

Actually, I really thought it was about taking what you can get with as little effort as possible?

Actually, I really thought it was about taking what you can get with as little effort as possible?

Little effort? are you trying talk about get things effortlessly? Right?

I disagree, I hand out free lucnhes all the time.

Sorry barnabas, i did not mention one thing here.

Take free lunch=success. Now do you agree or disagree? I am talking about things of life success.

Sorry barnabas, i did not mention one thing here.

Take free lunch=success. Now do you agree or disagree? I am talking about things of life success.

Sorry, different concept of a free lunch.

When I worked at a retirement home for old people, I just took one of their meals when I was hungry.
The nurses didn't notice and they'd just think an error was made in the kitchen or that those people couldn't eat because they had to go to the hospital.
This is just survival of the fittest. So yea, I believe that you can have free lunches.

:m175:

Note: this is a joke. I did not really do this.

That sounds like dogma. Why not? Actually it does exist. Everything is free lunch. It has existed for millions of years. The rather failed attempt to deny free lunch to the world, will gonna have to end soon. Moreover, there's absolutely no justification for what is give and what is take. Yeah, some interaction exists. And? Who says what is what. You can work for someone, do great things for them, and they could claim you are the worst person in the world, and you robbed them. And this happens, all the time.

I prefer free lunch, instead of free psychopathy - which is inevitable product, otherwise. It's either free lunch; or Orwell, in order to prevent injustice. Probably nobody in their right mind would like to live in the Orwell scenario. By the way, even Orwell himself believed that free lunch is quite possible. And note, there's nothing wrong with free lunch; people's highest achievements are not motivated by chasing lunch. If you work in Google, or if you are a tenured researcher, you get free lunch; you even get free laundry. It doesn't seem to hurt such people, on the contrary: it frees them to be even more creative. We have so much free lunch all around us already. We can't hide from it, even if we wanted, and we can't pay for it. The air we breathe is free, and we walk the roads and we use the infrastructure, and we get the opportunity to read the books of generations. This is neither unethical of us, nor demoralizing for us; in fact, it is highly positive and stimulating.

Last edited:
That sounds like dogma. Why not? Actually it does exist. Everything is free lunch. It has existed for millions of years. The rather failed attempt to deny free lunch to the world, will gonna have to end soon. Moreover, there's absolutely no justification for what is give and what is take. Yeah, some interaction exists. And? Who says what is what. You can work for someone, do great things for them, and they could claim you are the worst person in the world, and you robbed them. And this happens, all the time.

I prefer free lunch, instead of free psychopathy - which is inevitable product, otherwise. It's either free lunch; or Orwell, in order to prevent injustice. Probably nobody in their right mind would like to live in the Orwell scenario. By the way, even Orwell himself believed that free lunch is quite possible. And note, there's nothing wrong with free lunch; people's highest achievements are not motivated by chasing lunch. If you work in Google, or if you are a tenured researcher, you get free lunch; you even get free laundry. It doesn't seem to hurt such people, on the contrary: it frees them to be even more creative. We have so much free lunch all around us already. We can't hide from it, even if we wanted, and we can't pay for it. The air we breathe is free, and we walk the roads and we use the infrastructure, and we get the opportunity to read the books of generations. This is neither unethical of us, nor demoralizing for us; in fact, it is highly positive and stimulating.

I carefully read your post.

paragraph one says you are talking about duty which is free from its outcome. Selfless work for others. Good point.

Paragraph seconds says you're talking about creativity, yes i agree with it.

What i am talking about, here are examples,

If you want love in your life, give love in that direction. Suppose you want love from your parents then don't give it to others. I know, there are people who are very nice with others parents and don't pay attention to themselves.

If you want money, then give money. Give to some foundations with selfless heart, give to them who are in need and can produce some results for them.

Don't expect any results for anything without giving something to it.(it=love,relationship,friendship,money) This is free from free lunch. People expect a lot of things, they do lot of hard work, but they don't know where they are giving or there are people who wants success in their life by just sitting without making any effort.

Last edited:
Oh, thanks, it's clear how you meant it, now. :) What a relief, for a moment thought you were one of those people who would say that even the air and our own genes should be someone's commodity..

My whole point can be summarized with: There's no such thing as NOT free lunch.
Well, at least physically, scientifically. It's all in our heads.

And here's one comic from the net ^^:
freeLunch.jpg

Last edited:
When I worked at a retirement home for old people, I just took one of their meals when I was hungry.
The nurses didn't notice and they'd just think an error was made in the kitchen or that those people couldn't eat because they had to go to the hospital.
This is just survival of the fittest. So yea, I believe that you can have free lunches.

:m175:

Note: this is a joke. I did not really do this.

Before I read the joke part at the bottom, I said to myself, "this Jester is no INFJ!" and I was all set to write a post saying that it wasn't a free lunch because you paid for it in a different way--by sacrificing your morality. I was very relieved to read that it was a joke, which is appropriate from a Jester.

Given the inherent powers of INFJ's, it's really good for the world that they are generally moral people with a strong sense of ethics. Just think how dangerous a psychopathic INFJ would be.

You guys need to talk about what you're actually talking about; the title and first post is misleading.

I was on a free lunch program at school for a long time.

So....
you're obviously misinformed.

Maybe free lunch doesn't exist where you live.

How silly is it that we're the only animal on the planet that gathers food only to lock it away from ourselves--and only when we can offer inedible objects to collect said food can we then eat it.

There could be a free lunch. But thanks to the agrarian revolution, our population has exploded to make it impossible. Isn't that ironic? We lock food away and it yields more people.. When food is freely available for the gathering, populations stay within reason.

If you give food aid to starving populations, it only increases population and furthers starvation. It's scary.

I was joking in my initial comment about population control. Just seems people have set up an inefficient system of living over the past millenias, and now the consequences are really starting to hit us full force, globally.

Do you ever wonder WHY it is that people have to work so hard just to eat and live? We don't work to live on this earth... We LIVE to WORK.

Last edited: