For guys: Would you save a kitty from a branch 10 feet tall for your girlfriend? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

For guys: Would you save a kitty from a branch 10 feet tall for your girlfriend?

I'd probably climb the tree just for the sake of climbing the tree. Shit maybe me and the cat would get along and we'd live there till the end of summer.106660989.jpg

Errrr.....
Not enough information here. Whats in the tree with the cat? Yellow jackets, black widow spiders? Is the cat rabid? Id have to seriously think about it. Also more likely than not the cat is in the tree because thats where it wants to be.
But if truly needed sure why not?

Reactions: rawr
Done it before. Higher than 10 ft. also.

Well I would need a girlfriend first... but I'm more of a dog person. Cat's going to have to figure out its own problems.

No. But I would save the tree from the kitty. :)

I would save the girlfriend from the kitty...

Errrr.....
Not enough information here. Whats in the tree with the cat? Yellow jackets, black widow spiders? Is the cat rabid? Id have to seriously think about it. Also more likely than not the cat is in the tree because thats where it wants to be.
But if truly needed sure why not?

No. But I would save the tree from the kitty.

So which one is it then? :confused:

I wouldn't trust somebody else to save my cat. -.- I'd have to do it myself if it were really necessary.

I worry when other people pick him up, or when kids are over. Hurt my cat and I hurt you. :m030:

Reactions: Bellosome
No this cat is clumsy.

I guess... we should let natural selection do its thing? Maybe future generations of cats will be better jumpers or just not dumb enough to get stuck in a tree in the first place. Also, 10 ft would require a ladder, and if you fall off of a ladder (or when you fall off the ladder- since the moment you pick up the clumsy cat its clumsiness will be transferred to you), you'll likely break your spine, which means you'll never be able to walk again, which means you wont be able to feed yourself, which means you will die. Its you or the cat.

I would never have a girl friend that insanely demanding of me. However I would probably save the cat because I would freak my own self out as to whether it'd be safe or not.

Assuming she could not do it herself, and I judged the cat to be fine (so I wouldn't do it if I was walking alone), I would do it to lessen her distress if reasoning didn't or wouldn't reduce it. If I judged the cat to not be fine, I would do it regardless of what she felt about the cat's situation.

In sum, I guess the answer is yes. I would do it "for her", in the circumstance where I would not do it for me / the cat (even though the proposed scenario with a clumsy cat (which I take to mean the cat is in danger) is one where I would do it for my own feelings in regards to the cat).

I assume what you had in mind is a scenario of "she is distressed about the hypothetical predicament of the cat", not her being bossy or demanding or anything.

Last edited:
I'd tie her up to the tree and then set it all on fire: tree, cat, girl, everything a glorious blaze.

You are such a male.
No, most cats really can handle a 10ft drop. Cats are able to turn themselves while falling into such a position where they're able to land on their feet, with most of their weight being supported by their hind legs. Their anatomy in that regard is a lot better than that of humans. Trees in particular are actually more safe, since some cats can sort of climb (or partially fall) downwards instead, using their claws. I've seen it happen many times before.

If the cat was more sickly or something, I'd just rescue it myself. (Or I'd call animal control for help, if I'm unable to make it up there.) It seems kind of selfish to expect someone else to do it for me just for the sake of some romantic-based gratification, when I'm just as capable of doing so. If they're as afraid as I am, or clearly have no interest in bothering with the situation, then why should I expect them to try rescuing it before I do?

Besides, I think anyone who likes cats or animals in general probably would attempt to save it from a height that they gauge as too high (either by themselves, or by calling an appropriate rescue service), anyway, regardless of whether someone asked them to or not.

(Although, as latte mentioned above, I could also see someone doing it for the sake of lessening someone's worries, even if one would gauge the height as safe otherwise. Most likely, I could imagine myself calling an animal rescue service or something if my mom was worried about one of her own, since she probably would also be worried if I tried climbing a tree, too.)