Firefly MBTI | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Firefly MBTI

he doesn't seek harmony, he refuses to see the weak attacked.

See, I'm not so sure about that. River knew how to take care of herself in the Maidenhead (the movie), but he took her back to the ship. That seemed more compassionate to me. Was it harmony? No. But it wasn't all that logical, either. He didn't even know why he brought her back to the ship. The idea puzzled him as well.

He does seek harmony with his own people, his crew. Crew = Family. If he can't achieve harmony, he demands cohesion, which may be the closest thing to harmony he can achieve. And yes, he's absolutely openly belligerent with people on occasion, but in almost every case he tries to give them a chance to do the right thing, and in many cases deals mercifully with them in the end, or spares their lives when he can.

THIS. Cohesion versus harmony might be the key. "Harmony" is often feminized and sounds like a quirky little word for women. Men/male aspects rarely use the word "harmony." Peace and quiet might be more apt, or cohesion. Mal's not big on arguing. I don't think of Mal as having the same qualities as your sister, Shai, because Mal's a man, and he acts like a man. He's a rough and tumble sort of guy who loves a good fight come U-Day. He respects his crew and he listens to what they have to say, but he takes everything in before he makes a decision. He's an enigma...but I like him.

I mean, there are males who are ISFPs who are pretty cool: Steven Spielburg, Mozart, Kevin Costner, etc. I kinda think ISFP is pretty cool, anyway. I wish I had Spielburg's skills!

We aren't robots, We CAN show compassion, and indeed we do a lot of the time.

Since my son has two friends over for a sleepover tonight, and they are LOUD, I have sat myself down with the entire Firefly series to watch again right NAO!

Just finished episode one, and man, whatever he is, Mal Reynolds remains a sexy, frustrating, wonderful man.

We aren't robots, We CAN show compassion, and indeed we do a lot of the time.

*Hugs*! Oh, I know ENTPs can! Shoot - I love my Rationals too. They can be frustrating as heck and 100% lovable (usually at the same time). So I'm not saying Mal couldn't possibly be an ENTP - I just personally don't see him as one.

But that doesn't make YOU any less lovable, Shai!

*Bats eyelashes*:m045:

doublehee :m168:

Didn't get to finish watching Firefly after all last night. Hubby decided we'd watch TV together, and he doesn't go for the repeat watchings of things the way I do, so we watched Chronicles of Riddick, which we hadn't yet seen.

Pretty decidedly disappointing.

Mal is either ENTP or ENTJ period, he seems to be energized by people to much during the series to be an I. And i for 1 believe him to be a dynamic assertive personality, which meen hes out to basically control his own life/ not really the lives of others. That explains his whole beef with the alliance, his stubborness, he seems to be a little more people focused then task focused which coincides with this.

Simon I'd say either INTJ or ISTJ leaning towards ISTJ. I think when he brainstormed the hospital stuff and shepard mentions his moonlighting as a criminal mastermind he was showin N.

Zoe- INFJ or INTJ

a few of my cents