^_^
Retired Staff
Mar 9, 2009
Gridania
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
So, I was reading through some journal articles and I found one that talked about female missionaries and MBTI. It said that female missionaries are much more likely to be INFJ than females in the general population. What do you all think of this?

To me, it makes sense that INFJs would be attracted to religious work. They are in it for the cause, and I personally have found myself drawn to religious work, but I have some serious problems with it. The first is that religious work makes you very little money. The second is that I was raised in a basically anti-religion family, and so I do not hold any particular beliefs of my own that would be good for this (mainly Christianity). The third is that I'm not sure I even accept belief as valid, but I'm still interested in helping people in spite of whatever the belief schema is.

Has anyone here done this kind of work and would like to talk about it? or is anyone going to be doing this kind of work?

I'm considering moving to Japan as a Christian missionary. It's true there's not much money it in.

Well I've heard it is common for INFJs to be religiously inclined. Seems that it would be true of male and female.

Personally, I seriously considered becoming a non-denominational chaplain... it's still sort of in the back of my mind... might pursue that when I'm an old fart or something. I still have issues with the idea, but my idealistic self thinks it would be super. People seem too jaded with spirituality and what not these days though which is also a deterrent.

I was a humanitarian aid worker (aka, missionary) for about seven years. I spent my summers doing aid work during my 20s, and I liked it a whole lot. Didn't do it for fame, or money, or anything else. I did it because I loved the people group.

I've considered going overseas again. Maybe when I finish my LIS degree I can go as a librarian to help establish libraries in poorer nations. I think I'd like that.