Feeling emotional pain physically | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Feeling emotional pain physically

I feel emotional pain to the point of nausea, strong physical disorientation, and a sensation like needles are being dragged across my heart. Thankfully, precious little hurts enough to pierce the manifold shields erected or I would be a rather depressing individual. I remember when I was kicked out of my father's house - there was an instant torrent of tears and immense weakness that (blessedly quickly) ended with my collapsing on the kitchen floor. An extreme case, but relevant. Haven't quite learned how to moderate the strength and depth of attachments to other people, they're either very strong or nonexistent. Oh the joys of life...

Reactions: Gaze
Yeah, pulling away from attachments produces a queasy feeling - almost feels like my gut was carved out from my chest.

Regarding your teeth grinding, you really should get a mouth guard to protect your teeth and jaw when you sleep. It distributes the forces evenly when you clench and grind, which prevents long-term damage and limits the pain. Your dentist can advise you.

Thanks [MENTION=1678]Norton[/MENTION], unfortunately, mouth guards don't work for me --I wish they did. I've been through 2 rounds of traditional splint therapy and the splint makes me bite down even harder. This worsens the pain and causes more damage. There is another route I'm looking into, but the cost is upwards of $20K. The problem is getting my HMO on board because they see it as a dental problem, where dental insurance sees it as a muscular problem. Fun stuff. :frusty:

Reactions: Norton