Fe vs Fi: Do you consider yourself emotionally open or closed? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Fe vs Fi: Do you consider yourself emotionally open or closed?

I don't think emotional openness is directly related to the type.
E and F types will be more likely to be open, but only slightly.

It could also be culturally related as well. I know that in the UK, people tend not to be emotionally open from the very beginning. That only comes after a few drinks :lol:
Whereas in NYC, I find people I don't know well open from the very beginning, and that makes me slightly uncomfortable.

For example: "Sweetie, do you mind picking up my dry cleaning on your way home?" (Ti direct) vs. "Darling, I remembered that I have to pick up my dry cleaning for tomorrow. Are you on your way home?" (Te indirect)

^-- Does that seem more fitting? Your inferences seem to have a basis in second hand "assertive" propaganda by anti intellectuals whom further the introvert/extravert divide. You will find at the very depths of such thinking an undermining shortsighted pragmatism that is entirely fallible.

^-- Does that seem more fitting? Your inferences seem to have a basis in second hand "assertive" propaganda by anti intellectuals whom further the introvert/extravert divide. You will find at the very depths of such thinking an undermining shortsighted pragmatism that is entirely fallible.

Well said, [MENTION=9995]Dohavior[/MENTION]. I find it fascinating how you have categorised...Te indirect, but now that I think about it, it makes a lot of sense. I always that that was more about Fe rather than Te indirect.

Hence, imho:

For example: "Sweetie, do you mind picking up my dry cleaning on your way home?" (Te+Ni) vs. "Darling, I remembered that I have to pick up my dry cleaning for tomorrow. Are you on your way home?" (Ti+Fe)

He had told this to several of his close friends before...and wanted to give him privacy and certainly I'm not one to go around hugging people to comfort them...

So he used the label "friends"? : Strong Fe
His exchange was a system of repetition: Ni
Privacy from a type known for its persistent inquisitive nature? : Weak Ti

He seems like an ENFJ. Of course it is possible that either he lied to you or this is all a projection of your own personality. Most likely the latter as extraverts seem to suffer from attenuation when conversing over great distances.

Although there is one theory that ENTJ view INTP as a strongly Fi personality due to the Inferior Fe and vice versa the same situation from the INTP perspective. A similar effect is noted among INFJ and ENTP.

Hence, imho:
Aren't all women? lol its strange I've only ever seen ENTJ use that acronym. It is quite similar to the INFJ dialect of odd grunts. Just go onto livechat and listen to them, noisiest introverts you ever seen. Okay a bit of an exaggeration I know. :p

Last edited:
So he used the label "friends"? : Strong Fe
His exchange was a system of repetition: Ni
Privacy from a type known for its persistent inquisitive nature? : Weak Ti

He seems like an ENFJ. Of course it is possible that either he lied to you or this is all a projection of your own personality. Most likely the latter as extraverts seem to suffer from attenuation when conversing over great distances.

Although there is one theory that ENTJ view INTP as a strongly Fi personality due to the Inferior Fe and vice versa the same situation from the INTP perspective. A similar effect is noted among INFJ and ENTP.

Aren't all women? lol its strange I've only ever seen ENTJ use that acronym. It is quite similar to the INFJ dialect of odd grunts. Just go onto livechat and listen to them, noisiest introverts you ever seen. Okay a bit of an exaggeration I know. :p

Oh, no he's definitely an INTP through and through, although he is beginning to develop more INTJ characteristics, his core personality is an INTP, born and raised in California. I think probably there is a cultural thing about men born and raised in California that tend to have more touchy-feely huggy attitude towards the opposite sex than INTP males raised elsewhere.

Oh, no he's definitely an INTP through and through, although he is beginning to develop more INTJ characteristics, his core personality is an INTP, born and raised in California. I think probably there is a cultural thing about men born and raised in California that tend to have more touchy-feely huggy attitude towards the opposite sex than INTP males raised elsewhere.

Well California is full of homosexuals due to a certain military history and immigration patterns of cultural exchange. I have read in detail about the UK and American difference of emotions, values, lies. And I have come to the conclusion Australia is a penal colony turned eugenics project, the psychotic shit they do to aboriginals is mind blowing.

I like to think of INTJ as a more urbanized INTP. I hear the J and P are hard to distinguish among types but perhaps there is a diametrical constant. In order to distinguish between ENTP and ENTJ I use an inductive analysis of familiarity. If something they said is something I have ever said, thought, or will ever in the future of my own volition then its an ENTP otherwise ENTJ. I ponder if that would posit that INTP and ENTJ function sort of like a safety catch never doing the same thing for the same reason which would in turn create a lack of competition and mutual alliance.

Reactions: cvp12gh5
Well California is full of homosexuals due to a certain military history and immigration patterns of cultural exchange. I have read in detail about the UK and American difference of emotions, values, lies. And I have come to the conclusion Australia is a penal colony turned eugenics project, the psychotic shit they do to aboriginals is mind blowing.

I like to think of INTJ as a more urbanized INTP. I hear the J and P are hard to distinguish among types but perhaps there is a diametrical constant. In order to distinguish between ENTP and ENTJ I use an inductive analysis of familiarity. If something they said is something I have ever said, thought, or will ever in the future of my own volition then its an ENTP otherwise ENTJ. I ponder if that would posit that INTP and ENTJ function sort of like a safety catch never doing the same thing for the same reason which would in turn create a lack of competition and mutual alliance.

Not to bash on Aussies, but that's pretty funny. :lol: You might consider California the same, since their govt couldn't afford to keep prison inmates, I think they released 200,000 into the public. Most of Southern California is probably all comprised of criminals.

The way I differentiate between INTPs and INTJs is that often INTPs have a power-dominance thing going on when they interact with other NTJs. INTPs, in management tend to be micromanaging (in my experience with 5 different INTPs all of whom I liked and got along really well). Also INTPs tend to be very detail oriented and long-winded in writing, they tend to be patient and good at teaching people stuff. INTJs are fairly succinct and to the point. INTJs also tend to be pretty blunt and funny without being controlling but lack patience to think things through.

If I want to get things done, I ask an ISTJ.
If I want to brainstorm ideas, INTPs are the best.
If I want to whinge about stuff, INTJs are usually very supportive.

But, never ever ask an INFJ to any of the above. He will probably get pissed that you're not treating him like a prince and bowing down at his every word, kissing his feet and dropping everything to worship him LOL :)

Fe= feeling that is extraverted.

I withhold what I am thinking, but feelings want to come out and be understood. It is controlled, as trifoilum stated. It seems easier for us to control what is expressed whereas Fi users seem to just burst if they can't escape their feelings.

I am a direct communicator. I prefer a direct answer.

Insontis is indirect and I am left to interpret if maybe means yes or no.