Favourite and Least Favourite Seinfeld Character

Night Owl

This Bird Has Flown
Apr 9, 2016
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Never
Order Jerry, George, Kramer and Elaine in descending order from your favourite to least favourite character.

Feel free to give an explanation, at least for your favourite and least favourite.

It'll be also interesting to see personality type and if there is a correlation with character preference.

I'll go first:

Kramer
Jerry
Elaine
George

Kramer: because he's the funniest cat in the crib. His eccentricity, charisma, and good intent put him first in my book.

George: I cannot express how annoying I find the character of George. He grates on my nerves and frustrates me. His voice is part of the reason (I can just hear him saying "Jerry! Jerry!"), and his stinginess and selfishness another. But I like him at the same time, he is needed to make the show.

From most to least: George, Jerry, Kramer, Elaine

I always loved George's acting and he had some of the best lines

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Night Owl
Very similar to Night Owl.

Kramer
Jerry
George
Elaine

The dancing... My main reason is the dancing. :D

Never been a huge fan of Seinfield, but my choice goes:

Elaine, George, Jerry, Kramer.

Not sure why I favor Elaine. I guess I just found her attempts to walk the line between normality and absurdity to be interesting. As for Kramer, he just annoys me. So often I feel his eccentricity spills over into cartoonish buffoonery. Which I just find a bit jarring

Kramer, George, Jerry, Elaine
I'd throw Frank Costanza in that mix somewhere too~

It's funny how Jerry is neither the most nor least favorite in everyone's list. It reminds me of that episode about him always being in the middle, when Elaine and George are having ups and downs :p

This is very tough for me. I guess George, Elaine, Jerry, Kramer. I like them all as characters. George is the funniest and most pathetic. Elaine is feisty and playful (not to mention balls hot). Jerry's the straight guy and observer who is really self deprecating and superficial. Kramer is the slapstick character who to me alternates between hilarious and annoying. Together they are like the fantastic four. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Bonus analysis. In terms of Greek god archetypes, George is like Poseidon, Elaine is like Artemis, Jerry is like Hermes, and Kramer is like Dionysis. Get it? Has to be the best sit com series of all time. Good times.

Reactions: acd and Night Owl
Aren't they all just lovable jerks?

My favorite is George's dad though. "Festivus" and "Serenity now!" are great contribution to society. Least favorite is Newman.

Bonus analysis. In terms of Greek god archetypes, George is like Poseidon, Elaine is like Artemis, Jerry is like Hermes, and Kramer is like Dionysis. Get it? Has to be the best sit com series of all time. Good times.

That's a great analysis actually! Yeah, it's the sitcom best for me. I mean I've watched every episode of Friends and liked it quite a lot, but if one correlates a season of Friends with a preceding Seinfeld season, one can see where they've drawn explicit material (I used to know exactly what 'stuff' but I don't bother remembering that kinda stuff anymore). I'm fairly indifferent to Friends now - the humour is almost entirely punch-line based with a pattern like this: speech-speech-pause-laughter, speech-pause-laughter etc.

It's funny how Jerry is neither the most nor least favorite in everyone's list. It reminds me of that episode about him always being in the middle, when Elaine and George are having ups and downs :p

Haha, good observation!

Aren't they all just lovable jerks?... Least favorite is Newman.

It's true, lovable jerks. And Newman... can't stand him.

At the moment stats are as follows:

Kramer and George - on average are equally the favourite characters.
Jerry, in the middle (always 2nd or 3rd on the list)
Elaine, on average the least favourite character (on 57% of lists she is listed as the least favourite)​

With honourable mentions to Frank Costanza.

Last edited:
This is very tough for me. I guess George, Elaine, Jerry, Kramer. I like them all as characters. George is the funniest and most pathetic. Elaine is feisty and playful (not to mention balls hot). Jerry's the straight guy and observer who is really self deprecating and superficial. Kramer is the slapstick character who to me alternates between hilarious and annoying.

Hm, totally agree, especially about Kramer. I noticed that for a while during the series, his entrances had this crescendo of clapping from the audience, but sometimes his spazzout schtick grated on me. As an addendum, I like the parents the best.

1) The parents (especially George's)
2) George
3) Elaine
4) Jerry
5) Kramer

Hm, totally agree, especially about Kramer. I noticed that for a while during the series, his entrances had this crescendo of clapping from the audience, but sometimes his spazzout schtick grated on me. As an addendum, I like the parents the best.

1) The parents (especially George's)
2) George
3) Elaine
4) Jerry
5) Kramer

Jerry's parents are really funny as well. If you have Jewish relatives, you have to laugh at Jerry's parents. Plus Morty eats a plum everyday to stay healthy.

Kramer
Elaine
Jerry
George

Kramer is just hilarious.

Kramer
Elaine
Jerry
George

Kramer is just hilarious.

Yay, another person who's put George on the bottom of the list. He's funny, and essential to the show, but for me he's uber annoying. (Never used that word uber before, and never will again).

Last edited:
Reactions: Siimplicity
Haha, feeling like a total party pooper today. I used to laugh at the show a bit, now I can't stand any of them (same goes for Curb Your Enthusiasm). I feel like it's mostly jokes about Jews being neurotic. I'm bored of Woody Allen's tropes and jokes about being Jewish. You can thumbs down this post, I deserve it. I'm being really negative today as I am pinned to my computer on a beautiful day studying for a test tomorrow. Blarrrrrrrrgles!

Haha, feeling like a total party pooper today. I used to laugh at the show a bit, now I can't stand any of them (same goes for Curb Your Enthusiasm). I feel like it's mostly jokes about Jews being neurotic. I'm bored of Woody Allen's tropes and jokes about being Jewish. You can thumbs down this post, I deserve it. I'm being really negative today as I am pinned to my computer on a beautiful day studying for a test tomorrow. Blarrrrrrrrgles!

Hahah. I'll always find Seinfeld funny, but Larry David when he operates alone... eek. I can't stand Curb Your Enthusiasm. It's one of the worst things I've ever engaged my senses in perceiving.

Hahah. I'll always find Seinfeld funny, but Larry David when he operates alone... eek. I can't stand Curb Your Enthusiasm. It's one of the worst things I've ever engaged my senses in perceiving.

It's true. Seinfeld had its seriously funny moments. My finals tomorrow are making everything subjectively unfunny right now, ha!

Kramer
George
Elaine
Jerry

Jerry does nothing. He is the blank slate. Most shows and movies have the central character as a blank slate so the audience places their own emotions on to them. Jerry as a person in real life is pretty funny though and his standup material that they throw in is pretty great. As a character Jerry just stands around and lets all of the others be funny. Elaine would probably be higher up for me but they gave her fewer great moments in the show. Her moments are really great when they do happen though.

Edit: I should also note that George could be #1 for me, but he sometimes takes on the same blank slate role as Jerry when they are particularly chummy in an episode. I put Kramer as #1 simply because whenever he is in a scene it is comedic. He kills it. But that's also just his role.