logic is useful but all by itself is limited

if it was heart vs brain i'd choose heart

really the two get along quite well together
they aren't meant to be separate

faith sees, faith is vision
logic is sheer processing power

they compliment each other

but faith is more valuable
This post makes me think that in some ways, logic serves as the final bastion of faith.
The supposedly irrefutable proof within the existence and/or mechanism of the world. Is not that the greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatest thing to have in your beliefs?

And there are certainly people who denounces faith, put logic above faith only to turn logic into another kind of faith. (is it confusing enough?)

Faith, in the most general sense (as in trust or belief without evidence), is the figurative equivalent of flipping a coin and saying "Fuck it, I'll do it."
Logic and faith are not opposites in this sense.
I'd say a more appropriate antonym for faith would be skepticism.
This is also true, I think.

Differ logic with truth.
(@niffer magic Sith booth!)

But yes, application of logic (whether cold, hard prepositional logic modus ponens tollens syllogism or just MBTI Tness) does not always lead to truth.

For all the world has to offer and all the methods we have to read it,
human hearts are still unreadable.
more stories than equation,
more tales than reports.

Reactions: barbad0s
@Billy I don't understand how having faith makes someone automatically inferior. It seems like people who take this superior attitude are thinking, "Look, this scientific fact proves your mysticism is wrong." When often, I think the mysticism is rooted in an instinctive understanding that something is true in the scientific sense. Sometimes when I'm in a depressed, existential funk, I feel like my level of awareness is counter-evolutionary. I think of how people in so-called "primitive" cultures, without much scientific knowledge, worship and attend to whatever ensures their survival. How can that be considered stupid?

One could argue that people like me, who ponder existence and get depressed over the idea that there is no mystical greater purpose, and we exist merely to reproduce and survive as a species... we're the stupid ones. We've developed our intelligence to the point where self-awareness impairs our natural functioning. It makes us not want to do what we likely exist to do. This is the problem I think we have in modern cultures. If you come to the conclusion that there's no greater purpose and you're just another cog in the wheel, you can't go back to your natural function. So you either deny this idea at all costs, and believe whatever you have to so that you can continue to function normally; or you accept the idea and either struggle to find meaning in life, or cope with it by thinking your awareness makes you superior. When in fact, being too evolved (in terms of intelligence/self awareness) is arguably counter to evolution's purpose and thus, in a certain light, could make you the "stupid" one.

We're all stupid.

I don't understand how having faith makes someone automatically inferior.

It dilutes the truth of reality with un-truths. This means that our Data is mixed with good data (true) and bad data (religion/faith) Thus if we see the persons mind as a result of the processes working therein, we can say they have an inferior mind as far as discovering truth is involved the same way we would say that a car with a mix of water and gas in its tank will run less well than a vehicle with just gas. It muddles up what we DO know with feelings and hopes that we should have shaken coming out of infancy.

Get 1 thing straight, pondering the universe is fine. Coming to conclusions based on literally nothing (God, Jesus, Allah, Vishnu etc) is stupid... but let me clarify, its not stupid for all, its only stupid for some. For the guy who invented the religion and has fooled all the gullible types into believing what he says, that's not stupid. That's BRILLIANT, I have to hand it to Paul for that one. The ones following are stupid. IMO. Especially if they only believe because that's what they have been told. No testing of any kind? that's blind faith. Faith is anti-intellectual.

You ask is there greater purpose? The truth is no... there is none. I cannot say that factually of course, but it is the most probable answer. I see nothing wrong with living an existential crisis day by day building your own meaning. That IMO is the only good way to exist honestly. Living with Gods and Demons and Imps and possessions etc, its nonsense. It detracts from what we do, it adds mis-info into the mix whereas our scientists are trying to uncover true info.

And insisting that being overly evolved (no such thing exists)

As for primitives, well I am not personally trying to be primitive... before they had science all they had was God... and not surprisingly their lives were even shorter, even more violent, and even more painful than now. Did you know there was no "1st world" until religion went to the way side and people started to use science over mysticism? They didn't survive because they worshiped rocks... they survived because enough of them died off that the resources were not strained. If that was god in action, then I say screw em, we dont need em.

This post makes me think that in some ways, logic serves as the final bastion of faith.
The supposedly irrefutable proof within the existence and/or mechanism of the world. Is not that the greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatest thing to have in your beliefs?

And there are certainly people who denounces faith, put logic above faith only to turn logic into another kind of faith. (is it confusing enough?)
Its not confusing, its just wrong. You cannot have faith in Logic and rationality. There is no room for it. If you are a truly logical or empirical person then the claims need to be substantiated, faith is completely irrelevant.

Its not confusing, its just wrong. You cannot have faith in Logic and rationality. There is no room for it. If you are a truly logical or empirical person then the claims need to be substantiated, faith is completely irrelevant.
which in turn supports one's hypothesis, ideas...which are based in a belief.

My standpoint in regards to this is just..it wears two different mask, but ultimately it's just the same thing.
It's not irrelevant, it's just turning itself into a beast, hungering for proof.

That feeling of wanting answers, of questioning the world and its contents and its ongoing, always exists.
So is the tendencies for humans to create stories.
So is the tendencies for humans to create answers.

Whether the religious trying to stifle science and logic or the 'scientific' trying to belittle religion...
I'm feeling the same vibe.

They just don't want their world to be shaken.

which in turn supports one's hypothesis, ideas...which are based in a belief.

My standpoint in regards to this is just..it wears two different mask, but ultimately it's just the same thing.
It's not irrelevant, it's just turning itself into a beast, hungering for proof.

That feeling of wanting answers, of questioning the world and its contents and its ongoing, always exists.
So is the tendencies for humans to create stories.
So is the tendencies for humans to create answers.

Whether the religious trying to stifle science and logic or the 'scientific' trying to belittle religion...
I'm feeling the same vibe.

They just don't want their world to be shaken.

Why not shake up the world?

Excessive attachment to values causes people discomfort on both sides of the fence. That's why I went Discordian.

No, science and logic do not require belief. They are self evidently objective and demonstrable. Religion is not, and requires belief because it lacks facts and order. Its shamelessly made up on the spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SlaCq3dKvvI

this may help.

...In other words, it is that self evidence, objectivity, and demonstrability that makes logic / rationality more than faith, no?

That is just what I'm pointing out. A disturbingly increasing amount of people sought logic and/or rationality and/or science to explicitly change the old scriptures and dogmas. In some ways that's just like another kind of religions; with equations as its holy words.

It is not enlightenment, just seeking a different master to bow down at.

If, and this is a huge if, later someone'll find out that one of the metaphysical terms are true and in fact, helped made the world function, it will be no one other than the diehard scientific who will defend their understanding of the world strongly.
Hell, we already see it as far as things like astrology, divination, things like souls and energies are concerned..

Perhaps I'm wrong.
Or perhaps even if I'm right, there are no relations; the similarities between believers of science and believers of religion doesn't make your argument null and invalid. I realized the possibility.

However, my proposition simply argues that they are seeking the same thing.

I have to either ask for your cooperation to expand the definition of faith beyond religious faith...Or I'll follow your limits and engage you in your term
Alternatively, even when limiting the definition of faith within religious, dogmatic context; not all religious lacks facts and orders.
Your words seems to imply that being religious stifle sense, rationality, and logic.

You did realize that a significant number of scientist and biologists and scholars of yore are also religious people?
And that logic itself might have been a product of religion? (See : Buddhist/Indian logic. Even Islamic / Christian philosophers of yore provided efforts to study and develop logic)

I see your point, but I think it's very limited.
I cannot help if you want to see only the fundamentalists (a.k.a the most insanely diehard of the religious) and the restraint religions placed to its members, and I may not disagree with your assessment, but I personally found your entire painting of the subject rather unfair to its other members.

And................
Pray tell, Billy, are you not seeing the similarities in vitriol and fervor between you and the religious fundamentalists you're supposedly the opposite from?

Because I'm so sorry but I am. And I find your word really hard to believe and/or listen when you act so much like people you're supposed to distance yourself from.

Last edited:
Reactions: barbad0s
Why not shake up the world?

Excessive attachment to values causes people discomfort on both sides of the fence. That's why I went Discordian.
And I respect your choices. And for some people, that is a fair question.
For me, myself, I find the same thing, but arrived at a different conclusion.
all these delicate coincidence and all these arrangements that makes us who and what we are; physically, mentally, spiritually. It's a chaotic order, and the world is stable in its chaos.
But there are still ways to arrange that chaotic mess, and a lot of people can do more.
Not a perfect order or stability or everything being readable, but just...more arranged.

But I was speaking in generals. Perhaps it is not my place to say this...... But as far as a huge amount of people are concerned, and as it is with the world, not everyone wants a certain belief, a certain way of life, to be pushed upon you to follow. Not everyone follows the same path and not everyone seek the same thing.

Religion taught us that one, doesn't it?

And I respect your choices. And for some people, that is a fair question.
For me, myself, I find the same thing, but arrived at a different conclusion.
all these delicate coincidence and all these arrangements that makes us who and what we are; physically, mentally, spiritually. It's a chaotic order, and the world is stable in its chaos.
But there are still ways to arrange that chaotic mess, and a lot of people can do more.
Not a perfect order or stability or everything being readable, but just...more arranged.

But I was speaking in generals. Perhaps it is not my place to say this...... But as far as a huge amount of people are concerned, and as it is with the world, not everyone wants a certain belief, a certain way of life, to be pushed upon you to follow. Not everyone follows the same path and not everyone seek the same thing.

Religion taught us that one, doesn't it?

Yes.

I'm pretty sure it's like one of those wooden puzzle toys that has no defined solution. You can fit it together nice and orderly in one arrangement, yet just as nice and orderly in many other arrangements as well and not one of them is correct nor incorrect.

In other words, it is that self evidence, objectivity, and demonstrability that makes logic / rationality more than faith, no?

That is just what I'm pointing out. A disturbingly increasing amount of people sought logic and/or rationality and/or science to explicitly change the old scriptures and dogmas. In some ways that's just like another kind of religions; with equations as its holy words.

Absolutely false. You keep equating a faith based system with an information and objective evidence system... they do not equate each other in terms of probability or rightness. 1 is right, the other is a pack of horrible lies that relies on human gullibility. You saying Atheism or Science is just another religion and equations are scripture is wrong...

1. Rational people don't worship. Period.
2. It doesn't require faith to know that 2 + 2 = 4, Nor do I know a single rational person who worships that equation. Saying Equations and formulas are our holy words is nuts, science is not a system of belief, its a system of learning. Do you have any idea how many Science based things there are in the world? SO are combustion engines our Helios Chariots? Is Chemical reduction our prayers? When we split atoms, is it religion? No. No it is not. My car is not holy. The Erl I smoke (Chemically reduced THC) is not magical.
Saying that Science = our religion would be like saying Bald is Vin Diesels hair color. It doesn't make sense.

It is not enlightenment, just seeking a different master to bow down at.
Huh? Uhh no... there is no "master to bow to" in Science, there is no worship, there is no reason for any of it. There is only slavery in Religion.

If, and this is a huge if, later someone'll find out that one of the metaphysical terms are true and in fact, helped made the world function, it will be no one other than the diehard scientific who will defend their understanding of the world strongly.
Hell, we already see it as far as things like astrology, divination, things like souls and energies are concerned..

I'm not sure what you're saying, but science evolves with time and method. Religion doesn't really. The die-hard scientist upon being proven wrong will usually adjust his system to the correct data. Thats the backbone of science. Astrology, divination and souls dont exist in reality. They are just words with no backing.

Perhaps I'm wrong.
Or perhaps even if I'm right, there are no relations; the similarities between believers of science and believers of religion doesn't make your argument null and invalid. I realized the possibility.
What similarities? There really are none.

However, my proposition simply argues that they are seeking the same thing.
I know that's your point. I understand that, its still wrong.

I have to either ask for your cooperation to expand the definition of faith beyond religious faith...Or I'll follow your limits and engage you in your term
Alternatively, even when limiting the definition of faith within religious, dogmatic context; not all religious lacks facts and orders.
Your words seems to imply that being religious stifle sense, rationality, and logic.
It does... is it a wonder that something like 90% of all elite scientists are atheists or nonbelievers. Science and religion IMO are fundamentally incompatible. Yes I am focusing in on faith as in religion, but really, that's where its used. Can you tell me which religions don't lack facts?

You did realize that a significant number of scientist and biologists and scholars of yore are also religious people?
And that logic itself might have been a product of religion? (See : Buddhist/Indian logic. Even Islamic / Christian philosophers of yore provided efforts to study and develop logic)
Yeah, they lived during a time when atheism was considered heresy and they were put to death by the Church or stripped of their assets and wealth and arrested. Furthermore After the fall of Rome we entered the period known as "The Dark Ages" DO you know why they called it that? Its because there were very few central governments and all the power, armies, and wealth were controlled by the Church, that's not why they called it that. They called it that because under the Church education, research, literacy, all died. They burned people alive for practicing anything like science or as the religious called it at the time "Witchcraft"

The Dark ages were dark because the light of science had not come yet, Western Europe was under the yoke of the pope.

As for the Renaissance and later when Science etc blossomed, many of the scientists were secret atheists who were church members, why? Again because the Church owned everything. And if you wanted to learn anything, it was at the church behest. At the time it was actually secular pagans in Egypt and Asia - Asia Minor who kept the old greek and roman sciences alive. At least until the Christians took control in Alexandria and murdered all the pagan leaders and burned the Library of Alexandria down.

I see your point, but I think it's very limited.
I cannot help if you want to see only the fundamentalists (a.k.a the most insanely diehard of the religious) and the restraint religions placed to its members, and I may not disagree with your assessment, but I personally found your entire painting of the subject rather unfair to its other members.

Its not my job to don kid gloves for peoples irrational beliefs. Get with the program or accept that we all laugh at religious peoples beliefs for a VERY good reason. They're silly.

And................
Pray tell, Billy, are you not seeing the similarities in vitriol and fervor between you and the religious fundamentalists you're supposedly the opposite from?
No more than I see the similarities between my ideas and passions and any other group of people. Viking conquerors Greek hoplites at the hot gates, the guy who owns the worlds best stamp collection.. so on and so forth. If your point is that I am like a religious person because I will not lay down and listen to all the silly ideas about sky wizards, then yeah, ok fine... your grasping at straws has finally paid off. In 1 way I am similar to a religious person. I can give you another irrelevant way... I have skin, hair and teeth. I live on Earth, I require oxygen and food. I like sex, I suck at swimming, when I get cut I bleed red... there, now we can say atheism = religion.... because ya know... there's personal similarities.

Because I'm so sorry but I am. And I find your word really hard to believe and/or listen when you act so much like people you're supposed to distance yourself from.

So for you, HOW something is said is more important to you than WHAT is said? I guess that's your choice, I am the opposite.

Reactions: Trifoilum
The more i understand myself and my reality, the more ambigious terms such as faith and logic become to me.

All people have faith- we all take things for granted- we all expect certain effects to follow causes, we all find a form of 'logic' to support our faith. Some faith is inherent, some is learned and some is sought and some created. Many of us are so attached to our worldviews and perceptions that we consider our experience and perception to be objective. This is the blindest faith of all- when we believe implicitly. This can be cultural, religious or scientific. Science itself has become heralded in much the same way as a church, one that is funded by those with self serving greedy intent, and daily this church loses its integrity that was once founded on the scientific method.

Religions are primarily cultural constructions and institutions. The religion will adapt to the pre-adopted cultural practices of any given group of people. The culture will modify the religion and the religion will modify the culture. Many people invested in the culture/religion will not be able to tell the difference between their religion and culture, nor will those that stand back and observe the culture/religion. Obviosuly individual factors also come into play such as personality, attitude etc. The main reason why people hold onto their cultural constructions is because it is what they know and what they are used to- it is the familiar, what is normal and what makes sense. The reason that they would hold onto to it so strongly in the face of opposition is because of fear. Any person confident in their worldview/perception/beliefs will be comfortable to have it challenged- perhaps they will seek to challenge it themselves to test the integrity and validity of their reason. But for those that are not confident, their natural reaction will be fear- offense and defense, ridicule and unwillingness to consider any outside information that contradicts what they 'know'. They do not want to be wrong, because they have to much tied into their beliefs to understand that no one can be right and all experience is fundamentally subjective in nature.

Some religions are in essence created and maintained to create fear in people so that people will be easier to manage and enslave. People that buy into these religions may be naturally fearful, taught to be fearful, or perhaps they feel that they have no other legitimate options. Fear is a powerful motivator that keeps people blind and inert. My father is a very intelligent man, and so are a lot of people that share his religious views. He has completed a degree in science and he loves science and math. He, infact, taught me how to think critically. But at the heart of his religious belief is fear. He has been told and he has believed that there is an angry and vengeful God that will punish him in lakes of fire for eternity if he doesnt not belief that Jesus died on the cross as a blood sacrifice to attone for his sins. He also believes that Satan will tempt him away from the 'truth' and he is to ignore anything that contradicts his belief, regardless of the supposed logic. So within his mindet, it is simply logical to instantly disregard any contradicting information as clearly this information has been planted by Satan to test his faith to God and also so that Satan can have his delightful company in the eternal fires of hell. His branch of christianity has been constantly brainwashed and with many right winged activists, corporate interests and war mongerers and profiteers. He has been taught to believe that Israel is the promised land and wars in the middle east are only necessary to uphold God's plan, sometiems casualties are collateral damage. He has been taught that homosexuals are commiting a sin by their very nature and natural desires. And there is a good many other things that would make many people shudder. Religious and cultural constructs have merged with fear and agendas seeking to control- this has created a terrifying perception and reality which ensures people are easier to control and subjegate.

People see what they expect. I remember clearly when i first learned about the 'placebo' effect when i was studying psychology. I felt at that time it was one of the most incredible things id ever learned about. Many people pay this effect no mind- and actually many people i studied with thought the 'placebo' effect only happened in weakminded indivudals or random circumstances. I think the opposite is true- someone has to be incredibly strong minded to use a sugar pill and a suggestion to heal their ailment. The placebo effect is a fucking miracle, one that often defies supposed natural law. If someone really believes, has faith that something will work, then i daresay it will. If someone really doesnt believe; and has faith that something will not work then i daresay it will not work. The power of belief and intention is mindboggling and mysterious in the sense it can be notoriously difficult to measure. You cannot test the power of someone's convictions on a survey and guage it objectively. These things are only known in the depths of our hearts. Sometimes even we ourselves do not know the power of our beliefs, convictions and intentions until we are tested sorely by life challenges.

If you do not believe in miracles and signs and you ask for them to be proven to you than you will see nothing. This is not because God is being bashful or annoying or God isnt trusting you to see miracles. It is because of your perception and what you belief and what you expect. It is because you have 'faith' that miracles are not real. If you do experience miracles it is because you have considered that miracles are real and are possible. What you expereince is because of Free Will in universal law. And all events you experience are governed by the Law of Attraction. Faith, in itself, is the capacity for an intention to become a manifestation. Faith is the power of manifestation.

When i was a child i could see auras. Back then i didnt know that they were auras and i didnt know that other people couldnt see them. I could just see colours around people and these colours would provide me with a 'feel' of what someone was like/experiencing. When i realised other people couldnt see these colours and people were fearful of me because i could, i learned to stop seeing them. I still knew they were there but i didnt want to see them because of my fear. I asked God to help me stop seeing them so that people wouldnt call me evil anymore. I have had so many extrasensory and 'abormal' experiences now that i dont even bother trying to deny them. I used to think that maybe i was mad, or that maybe i was delusional. I was afraid. I was embarrased. Now i just accept them. I read a great article once about trying to explain extrasensory experience to those that have not experienced extrasensory perception. The guys used the example of colour blindness. He could not see the colour purple. So to him, purple obviously did not exist. But other people can see purple- the majority in this case. Therefore he learned to accept the colour purple even though he can not himself observe it. He can now recognise the colour people through a drawing program on his computer that isolates colours with specific digital code. Now he has objective proof that purple exists and he can identify using a machine. There are machines now that claim to be able to photography the aura. I have had my picture taken twice. I still cannot 'see' the aura, although i have become considerably less fearful and opposed to seeing them. But i can 'feel' them, and i can see what i 'felt' the aura was on the corresponding photograph. Magic is science we dont understand. We can train our perception and we can learn to percieve differently.

I know in my heart without a doubt that i could walk through a wall if i had faith. I know this, based on what i know about chemistry, about metaphysics, about the universe and about myself. But i still dont have the faith. I am confined to my reason, and my reasoning says 'no you cant walk through a wall'. But i know i could if i had faith. This then becomes a battle of logic. On one hand - what im used to, what my culture says, what people around me say, what natural law says, what i expect based on feeling the solidity of a wall a billion times in my life. And then on the other hand - my understanding of the universe, metaphysics, my memories, what i know is possible, and also my fear. If i could reduce this fear and increase my faith- i will be able to walk through a wall. In the meantime, im stuck with what im used to and learning to overcome my fear. I need to build enough trust and faith that eventually it will be 'logical' for me to walk through a wall. This faith will not be blind, it will have been created, nutured and tempered with the logic of revised natural laws

Reactions: Trifoilum
The more i understand myself and my reality, the more ambigious terms such as faith and logic become to me.

All people have faith- we all take things for granted- we all expect certain effects to follow causes, we all find a form of 'logic' to support our faith. Some faith is inherent, some is learned and some is sought and some created. Many of us are so attached to our worldviews and perceptions that we consider our experience and perception to be objective. This is the blindest faith of all- when we believe implicitly. This can be cultural, religious or scientific. Science itself has become heralded in much the same way as a church, one that is funded by those with self serving greedy intent, and daily this church loses its integrity that was once founded on the scientific method.

Religions are primarily cultural constructions and institutions. The religion will adapt to the pre-adopted cultural practices of any given group of people. The culture will modify the religion and the religion will modify the culture. Many people invested in the culture/religion will not be able to tell the difference between their religion and culture, nor will those that stand back and observe the culture/religion. Obviosuly individual factors also come into play such as personality, attitude etc. The main reason why people hold onto their cultural constructions is because it is what they know and what they are used to- it is the familiar, what is normal and what makes sense. The reason that they would hold onto to it so strongly in the face of opposition is because of fear. Any person confident in their worldview/perception/beliefs will be comfortable to have it challenged- perhaps they will seek to challenge it themselves to test the integrity and validity of their reason. But for those that are not confident, their natural reaction will be fear- offense and defense, ridicule and unwillingness to consider any outside information that contradicts what they 'know'. They do not want to be wrong, because they have to much tied into their beliefs to understand that no one can be right and all experience is fundamentally subjective in nature.

Some religions are in essence created and maintained to create fear in people so that people will be easier to manage and enslave. People that buy into these religions may be naturally fearful, taught to be fearful, or perhaps they feel that they have no other legitimate options. Fear is a powerful motivator that keeps people blind and inert. My father is a very intelligent man, and so are a lot of people that share his religious views. He has completed a degree in science and he loves science and math. He, infact, taught me how to think critically. But at the heart of his religious belief is fear. He has been told and he has believed that there is an angry and vengeful God that will punish him in lakes of fire for eternity if he doesnt not belief that Jesus died on the cross as a blood sacrifice to attone for his sins. He also believes that Satan will tempt him away from the 'truth' and he is to ignore anything that contradicts his belief, regardless of the supposed logic. So within his mindet, it is simply logical to instantly disregard any contradicting information as clearly this information has been planted by Satan to test his faith to God and also so that Satan can have his delightful company in the eternal fires of hell. His branch of christianity has been constantly brainwashed and with many right winged activists, corporate interests and war mongerers and profiteers. He has been taught to believe that Israel is the promised land and wars in the middle east are only necessary to uphold God's plan, sometiems casualties are collateral damage. He has been taught that homosexuals are commiting a sin by their very nature and natural desires. And there is a good many other things that would make many people shudder. Religious and cultural constructs have merged with fear and agendas seeking to control- this has created a terrifying perception and reality which ensures people are easier to control and subjegate.

People see what they expect. I remember clearly when i first learned about the 'placebo' effect when i was studying psychology. I felt at that time it was one of the most incredible things id ever learned about. Many people pay this effect no mind- and actually many people i studied with thought the 'placebo' effect only happened in weakminded indivudals or random circumstances. I think the opposite is true- someone has to be incredibly strong minded to use a sugar pill and a suggestion to heal their ailment. The placebo effect is a fucking miracle, one that often defies supposed natural law. If someone really believes, has faith that something will work, then i daresay it will. If someone really doesnt believe; and has faith that something will not work then i daresay it will not work. The power of belief and intention is mindboggling and mysterious in the sense it can be notoriously difficult to measure. You cannot test the power of someone's convictions on a survey and guage it objectively. These things are only known in the depths of our hearts. Sometimes even we ourselves do not know the power of our beliefs, convictions and intentions until we are tested sorely by life challenges.

If you do not believe in miracles and signs and you ask for them to be proven to you than you will see nothing. This is not because God is being bashful or annoying or God isnt trusting you to see miracles. It is because of your perception and what you belief and what you expect. It is because you have 'faith' that miracles are not real. If you do experience miracles it is because you have considered that miracles are real and are possible. What you expereince is because of Free Will in universal law. And all events you experience are governed by the Law of Attraction. Faith, in itself, is the capacity for an intention to become a manifestation. Faith is the power of manifestation.

When i was a child i could see auras. Back then i didnt know that they were auras and i didnt know that other people couldnt see them. I could just see colours around people and these colours would provide me with a 'feel' of what someone was like/experiencing. When i realised other people couldnt see these colours and people were fearful of me because i could, i learned to stop seeing them. I still knew they were there but i didnt want to see them because of my fear. I asked God to help me stop seeing them so that people wouldnt call me evil anymore. I have had so many extrasensory and 'abormal' experiences now that i dont even bother trying to deny them. I used to think that maybe i was mad, or that maybe i was delusional. I was afraid. I was embarrased. Now i just accept them. I read a great article once about trying to explain extrasensory experience to those that have not experienced extrasensory perception. The guys used the example of colour blindness. He could not see the colour purple. So to him, purple obviously did not exist. But other people can see purple- the majority in this case. Therefore he learned to accept the colour purple even though he can not himself observe it. He can now recognise the colour people through a drawing program on his computer that isolates colours with specific digital code. Now he has objective proof that purple exists and he can identify using a machine. There are machines now that claim to be able to photography the aura. I have had my picture taken twice. I still cannot 'see' the aura, although i have become considerably less fearful and opposed to seeing them. But i can 'feel' them, and i can see what i 'felt' the aura was on the corresponding photograph. Magic is science we dont understand. We can train our perception and we can learn to percieve differently.

I know in my heart without a doubt that i could walk through a wall if i had faith. I know this, based on what i know about chemistry, about metaphysics, about the universe and about myself. But i still dont have the faith. I am confined to my reason, and my reasoning says 'no you cant walk through a wall'. But i know i could if i had faith. This then becomes a battle of logic. On one hand - what im used to, what my culture says, what people around me say, what natural law says, what i expect based on feeling the solidity of a wall a billion times in my life. And then on the other hand - my understanding of the universe, metaphysics, my memories, what i know is possible, and also my fear. If i could reduce this fear and increase my faith- i will be able to walk through a wall. In the meantime, im stuck with what im used to and learning to overcome my fear. I need to build enough trust and faith that eventually it will be 'logical' for me to walk through a wall. This faith will not be blind, it will have been created, nutured and tempered with the logic of revised natural laws

You cannot walk through walls Kitty.

As for Aura, well I dont think you can or even could back then, have you considered that it may have just been your imagination?

As for Aura, well I dont think you can or even could back then, have you considered that it may have just been your imagination?

One thing science knows is that it does not know everything yet, and that it is to always keep searching for the truth if it is to be true to the scientific method.

But you.

You're right no matter what.

One thing science knows is that it does not know everything yet, and that it is to always keep searching for the truth if it is to be true to the scientific method.

But you.

You're right no matter what.

Sounds about right, Do you think she will be walking through walls if she believes hard enough?

What you say is perfectly true for you. It is your truth based on your experience, your perception, your beliefs, your expectation and the things you choose to put faith in. It is perfectly valid and i respect it. I have agreed with your point for long periods of my life

Neither you or I see things as they are, we can only see things as we are

Sounds about right, Do you think she will be walking through walls if she believes hard enough?

Why?

I don't think she will presently, but we don't understand our world for certain.

The point is still that you comment on everything so concretely. Your views definitely represent what science has to offer us as we know how the world is now, but I wouldn't say they represent science and logic as values stripped of your own digestion of what they mean in your individual worldview.

Why?

I don't think she will presently, but we don't understand our world for certain.

The point is still that you comment on everything so concretely. Your views definitely represent what science has to offer us as we know how the world is now, but I wouldn't say they represent science and logic as values stripped of your own digestion of what they mean in your individual worldview.

We don't know everything, but we don't know nothing. And that's a fact. We DO know some things beyond a doubt. For instance we can be reasonably sure that she will not be walking through any walls ever. Unless she can find a way to scientifically stop all forms of matter and anti matter from interacting with the particles and atoms that make up her physical body. I am forced by my own intellectual consistency to say that that MAY be possible 1 day when we know enough about particles and physics. But even then, the amount of power and energy it would require to literally tune every single atom and particle in your body to vibrate in such a way to not interact with other fields of energy, like the Higgs field would be astronomical. Its beyond what we can do as a technical civilization, possible forever. Either way, we most certainly wont be making those advances in the next 70 years, so her chances of walking through walls like Kitty in Xmen is probably way less than .01% esp if she is planning to do it on faith.

Are you going to join in the crowd and tell me that is HOW I am saying things that matters as opposed to what? You are half way there already, I figure go all in for good measure.

What you say is perfectly true for you. It is your truth based on your experience, your perception, your beliefs, your expectation and the things you choose to put faith in. It is perfectly valid and i respect it. I have agreed with your point for long periods of my life

Neither you or I see things as they are, we can only see things as we are

This is simply not true. There is only 1 objective truth. You are mixing up Objective truth with Subjective truth.

Its fine to say something like "Oh well, if you think Eugenics is wrong thats true for you, but not for me" thats subjective truth.

but you cannot say

"I can walk through walls and you cannot because we have somehow different realities." That is just patently false, we live in the same universe with the same rules and as such there are laws that we must obey as physical matter. There MAY be a walk around to those laws, but that would lie in the domain of science, observation and testing to perfect. Not faith.

I will raise you "Neither you or I see things as they are, we can only see things as we are"

for

-Carl Sagan