Facial features and personality | INFJ Forum

Facial features and personality

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
So, i was thinking about this today, that it's normal for us to judge or assume things about someone's personality or character based on their facial features. I'm not referring to MBTI type, just personality in general.

Thing is, sometimes there seems to be a direct reflection between someone's facial features and their personality, and sometimes not. Sometimes, someones personality seems to be at odds with their facial features, while in other cases, it seems to reflect or complement their personality well.

So, do you see patterns of similarity or difference between facial features and personality?

What are some common misconceptions you observe are linked to particular facial features?

On the other hand, what do you assume about someone's facial features if you've never seen them based on what you know of their personality?

Last edited:
Uf...good one...I have no opinion, but yes, facial expressions could be influenced by type.

Indications of a person with violent tendencies -

Distorted or no earlobes
Oversized nose tips
No white above or below the iris of eyes

So, i was thinking about this today, that it's normal for us to judge or assume things about someone's personality or character based on their facial features. I'm not referring to MBTI type, just personality in general.

Thing is, sometimes there seems to be a direct reflection between someone's facial features and their personality, and sometimes not. Sometimes, someones personality seems to be at odds with their facial features, while in other cases, it seems to reflect or complement their personality well.

So, do you see patterns of similarity or difference between facial features and personality?

What are some common misconceptions you observe are linked to particular facial features?

On the other hand, what do you assume about someone's facial features if you've never seen them based on what you know of their personality?

something i've noticed is the shape and color of someone's eyebrows. for instance if you have arched eyebrows (naturally or because you pluck them) it seems to suggest snobbery and can make a shy person seem standoff-ish. same if you have dark eyebrows you seem harsh and more intense, regardless of actual personality. just an observation!

Reactions: Gaze
More generally, all things affect each other, though some more than others.

I strongly believe that facial features, from long-term facial expressions or makeup on women, do somewhat indicate type or other personality traits.

I tend to find it more easy to spot SJ women, especially ISTJs.

More generally, all things affect each other, though some more than others.

I strongly believe that facial features, from long-term facial expressions or makeup on women, do somewhat indicate type or other personality traits.

I tend to find it more easy to spot SJ women, especially ISTJs.

It's INFPs for me. I can spot 'em a mile away.

I do believe you can tell a lot about a persons personality by their facial features. It's the whole package though. How they hold it, how it moves, and how it intergrates with everything else around it. I will not attempt to quantify this though, as not everyone will agree. In the end it has proven to be useful for me when I am navigating the social world. I am by no means correct 100% of the time, but I tend to gadge things well enough to work through the world.