Extroverts and INFJs | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Extroverts and INFJs

I do wish I found it easier to interact with people...

my introversion has often stood between me and my professional goals...

and in many ways been a source of frustration and disappointment...

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I have two extroverted friends I dine with every Saturday morning. They are both very bright and successful...but their antics drive me nuts. They are still my friends, enough for one morning each week anyway.

It's probably been mentioned somewhere here before, but,

Does it seem like extroverts are SO focused on the world and new experiences and things outside of themselves to distract themselves from their inner issues? Are they trying to keep busy not to think about something? And for E's it works but for I's their minds are usually somewhere else anyway and they know that it doesn't matter where they are or what they're doing they will think of the things bothering them?

This is just something I've noticed lately. I think sometimes they get afraid of what's really going on in their lives/inside them, or lack of. Though honestly if they do think they're boring/whatever they probably just -think- that and they're really not it's just a confidence thing.

And do extroverts usually move on easily from bad situations? Obviously you can't lump anyone into everything. I'm just wondering, they don't reflect as much on their inner issues so do they not see their own errors as easily as I's do? Like if they have a bad relationship, do they usually say, "oh well that one didn't work out I'll find someone else" more easily than an Introvert? This is probably too generalized.

I've just been thinking about ENFJ, ESFJ and ESFPs a lot lately...people I know.

I can't believe I dated an ESFP. I thought he was an ENFP....but it wasn't bad. There is hope you know. I like extroverts a lot. They talk and I listen, so that means I don't have to talk :)

I like extroverts a lot. They talk and I listen, so that means I don't have to talk :)

I agree...if I am ok, I enjoy being with some of them..I enjoy being drawned by their ability to accept you...

Honestly, I like extroverts. It's so easy to tell what they're thinking and what makes them tick. Even if they don't tell you outright, they don't hide it well enough to keep it a secret. I always know what to expect from and around an extrovert... and that's not actually a bad thing!

I had a couple ISxx girlfriends in the past and just when I thought things were going well, they blindsided me with something they were either holding against me from either 6 months ago, or simply changed their mind about "us" without ever telling me. I've also had Introverted friends where I became the more "social" of the two of us... and I'm not a very social person to begin with, so I'd be drained by being around them for more than a couple hours.

I'll gladly take an extrovert any day of the week over those!

what the hell people. Does this forum even know the definition of an extravert? God, don't apprecaite being lumped in with the ESXPs or ESXJs in the world.

Also on many occasion I would rather listen than talk, in fact, I hate talking for no reason.

what the hell people. Does this forum even know the definition of an extravert? God, don't apprecaite being lumped in with the ESXPs or ESXJs in the world.

Also on many occasion I would rather listen than talk, in fact, I hate talking for no reason.

My experience with ENxx... have been the evil, psychotic dictator types that will use anything and everything you say against you at some future point (about 90%) or the insightful types that can be fun to be around (about 10%). I tend to avoid them, lest I get sucked in to one of their traps!

Reactions: Majesty

Yeah, seriously. I find myself listening to other people most of the time, rather than talking. Small talk is mind numbing. My chattiness varies with my emotional state and who I'm around. I'm very guarded with my emotions, too... we only seem open. I keep negative opinions and judgements to myself 99% of the time. Perhaps we just try to act guarded and it fails, though. XD

Extroverts are really fun, and they can be good listeners, I like them in short bursts, but then I need my space from them, and they seem to want to be thisclose every second. I have never been compatible living with them, as we just constantly irritate each other to no end.

honestly i like living with over introverts better other extraverts bring way tooo many people over

this thread is racist

i'm a very quiet and introspective extrovert

my advice: if you think an extrovert is annoying, then just tell them to STFU!

I do pretty well with extroverts that interpret my quietness as.....quietness. My slightly sad looking eyes as.... slightly sad looking eyes. My attempt to speak as an expression that I really do have something to say.

(Okay, my preference for E: I adore ENTP, and ENFP)

Last edited: