Extreme Fear of Being Known | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Extreme Fear of Being Known

Yea but as I've been pondering, I think it is more NF based than juts IXXJ based. I mean, I've looked at my ISTJ brother, and while he doesn't go out much, nor even talk much, he has no problem doing it if its part of his job etc. At my job I've actually not done certain things just because I was afraid of talking to new people.

[MENTION=541]toska[/MENTION]... I never could've verbalized the emotions THAT clearly... BRAVO.

At my job I've actually not done certain things just because I was afraid of talking to new people.

I get this too in social situations. I feel scared of people knowing who I really am rather than knowing I'm there though.

I always have those moments where I could show people who I really am, but I freak out.
And this is why I have barely done anything that involves excessive close personal interaction in college.

As an aside, I envy people who can simply put themselves out there, for all to see. blunt. soild.

Yes I have a fear of being known...I don't know how to explain it. I think it's the fear that if I put too much of myself out there, a lot of it could be misinterpreted and used against me when I myself didn't really understand what images I was projecting or what I really meant by it. Maybe I just wanted to see what the reaction would be and others take it seriously, which is upsetting. Then I spend too much energy trying to defend myself against others' false accusations and feel trapped inside their false image of me and it clouds the purity of my vision. Or maybe I was expressing a subconscious desire or part of myself I wasn't truly aware of and didn't want others to see. Sometimes what you hide the most from yourself is blatantly obvious to other people, and sometimes I don't want to see what they see in me. Or....maybe it's all of those things at once...
Well written. I have to say that a lot of my own reservations have a lot to do with what you said.

[MENTION=3156]saru[/MENTION] I can barely force myself to order food at Taco bell, I get so nervous! :m107:

At my job I've actually not done certain things just because I was afraid of talking to new people.

Damn, you're hitting too close to home with this line... At times I regress to this state, usually if my mood drops to a low level and stays there for a while. When I'm feeling pretty good though, I usually don't have a problem.

Since I'm pretty good at reading people (Yay, INFJ!) I realized a long time ago, 99% of everyone I meet is full of shit. Since they're all full of shit anyway, it doesn't really matter what I say. If they comment about me being full of shit after I say something, I already know they are before they even opened their mouths, so I still win.

The world takes on a new dimension when you come to terms with the fact just about everyone you meet doesn't know a damn thing about what it is they're doing or saying the majority of the time. They all just like to play their little games and feel good about themselves, no sense in losing sleep over it.