Explain Inferior Se to me | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Explain Inferior Se to me

Wat
Nah

This is based on Objective Personality System.

Typical Phrases:
"Why the f*** do you want me to research the facts? I already get the general Ni gist of what's going on"
"God damn it. My laptop udated all of my software. Now I have to Se relearn all of the buttons. This shit is seriously screwing up my Ni routines."
"How am I supposed to Ni plan my day if my boss keeps changing the Se roster? I don't want to have to keep relearing my roster. Thats not my responsibility jerk"
"Wow, everything around me is Se breaking down. My computer crashed, there's a hole in the wall, the fridge stopped working... OMG, there's too much Se chaos that I don't know how to control."

JUSTIFUCATION

Se: Seeks opportunity, respects facts over ideas, dislikes control.
Ni: Seeks certainty, respects ideas over facts, dislikes disorder.

Dominant Ni with Inferior Se: Likes order, control and certainty. Seeks ideas and patterns that are as universal as possible. Where Ne seeks patterns obsessively, Ni narrows and unifies patterns obsessively. Ni dom will freakout when Se chaos forces them to look outwards at the facts of reality. They are "blind" to the Se facts. Ni Dom's do not feel that seeking the facts of reality is their responsibility, and so will tantrum when forced to break out of their abstract Ni world.

My first reaction to this was Yes! Then I felt uneasy ... evidence it’s right perhaps .....

Actually I think it’s because my relation to new hard Se depends on how consistent it is with my pre-existing inner vision. If I’m learning a new computer application (eg for photography) I’ll happily spend hours with the manuals and the online forums soaking it up and adding to my Ni vision.
If the new information clashes with my insight I’ll go all quiet, or passive aggressive, at first. After that I might engage in a debate, or just walk away. Often, one of the extroverted functions kicks in and I context shift and start building a new model on top of the conflicting input - perhaps to please someone I value, or out of curiosity. My head is full of quite well developed and completely incompatible world views like that, and I can easily switch between them. It doesn’t bother me they are incompatible - I guess Ni doesn’t get hung up about value or logic judgements. Sometimes a couple of these world views will coalesce and that gives me a real sense of wonder and a feeling of progress.

Reactions: wolly.green
My first reaction to this was Yes! Then I felt uneasy ... evidence it’s right perhaps .....

Actually I think it’s because my relation to new hard Se depends on how consistent it is with my pre-existing inner vision. If I’m learning a new computer application (eg for photography) I’ll happily spend hours with the manuals and the online forums soaking it up and adding to my Ni vision.
If the new information clashes with my insight I’ll go all quiet, or passive aggressive, at first. After that I might engage in a debate, or just walk away. Often, one of the extroverted functions kicks in and I context shift and start building a new model on top of the conflicting input - perhaps to please someone I value, or out of curiosity. My head is full of quite well developed and completely incompatible world views like that, and I can easily switch between them. It doesn’t bother me they are incompatible - I guess Ni doesn’t get hung up about value or logic judgements. Sometimes a couple of these world views will coalesce and that gives me a real sense of wonder and a feeling of progress.

Right! That makes sense.

Reactions: John K