ENTP Female driving me INSANE! | INFJ Forum

ENTP Female driving me INSANE!

May 10, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
INFJ
I am a male INFJ, between the age of 30 and 35. I will not give you my exact real age.

I met an ENTP female (I know how I verified that she is ENTP, because she revealed it)

anyway

She is a knockout beauty. You know how us guys think. We are visually stimulated. And I, as a heterosexual male, am no exception to that.

But I also have brains, upstairs.

This woman is by far, in some ways, much more intellectually developed than me.

Here is the freaking weird part:

She does these non-verbal mind-bending intuitive body language things, or setting things up like some freaking genius, that only me is the person in the room who will understand what she "did", and she knows that, and she knows that I know that. She does what her ENTP description says about her:

She "1-ups" me!

And she is very good at it.

Plus she is gorgeous.

I actually would not be attracted to her if it was not for her clever intellect (as her ENTP description on MBTI descrbies)

Okay so here is my question:

Since she knows how to "push my buttons" very well,

And I am really asking you ENTP ladies this question:

What is your top 5 most attractive traits in a man (leaning more toward the abstract, character traits like honesty, intelligence, etc,... and not so much about physical attraction)

?

A bit off topic, but is your real age perhaps 33? Lol.

I cannot answer your questions as I'm not an ENTP, but good luck. :thumb:

Reactions: Bird
For the sake of your sanity. I highly recommend you run the hell away from her. This is an ENTP we are talking about. They love to push everyone's button. Could you really stand that 24x7.

I would hate to see a fellow INFJ male driven crazy!

Reactions: not sure
For the sake of your sanity. I highly recommend you run the hell away from her. This is an ENTP we are talking about. They love to push everyone's button. Could your really stand that 24x7.

I would hate to see a fellow INFJ male driven crazy!

Sounds to me like he meant that in a good way. But that might be just because I'm a female ENTP. :p Were not that bad, you know?

Reactions: 88chaz88
I read somewhere (about relationships with ENTP) that you must try no games and be strict with her. Tell her what you want and her independence will be tightened. There is no cheating when there is no game, is it?

Second thing is that you really need to have high-esteem. Try to boost yourself before you meet her, mix her with mud in thoughts and it would be a lot easier to talk than thinking about her as saint.

And, honestly ENTP are FAR from being saint, believe me.

...so are you dissatisfied or not? :| I'm confused. You mentioned that she is driving you crazy, but you also stated that you liked her intelligence..

I read somewhere (about relationships with ENTP) that you must try no games and be strict with her. Tell her what you want and her independence will be tightened. There is no cheating when there is no game, is it?

Second thing is that you really need to have high-esteem. Try to boost yourself before you meet her, mix her with mud in thoughts and it would be a lot easier to talk than thinking about her as saint.

I CAN BE A FUCKING SAINT IF I FUCKING FEEL LIKE IT, FUCKING FUCKTARD. Fuck.

No really, we're not that awful.

:m173:

5 attractive traits? I actually wrote this a while back. Reposting for your benefit.

In no particular order (AND ENHANCED WITH TROPES)

Characteristics:
1.) Smart Guy that's good with numbers
2.) Err... why not make him a Badass Bookworm
3.) Loads of fun
4.)Snarky
5.) Manly

Physical Features:
1.) Tall Dark Handsome and Snarky
2.) Taylor Lautner Abs anyone? You don't have to be a twilight fan to be a fan of THOSE
3.) Modestly Attractive... Ok fine... Damn HOT
4.) Amazing smile
5.) Manly chin that puts George Clooney to shame

Dislikes:
1.) Clingy
2.) Don't get me wrong, I like a gentleman... this is not gentlemanly
3.) And no Self-respecting woman wants a Bastard Boyfriend
4.) Male Chauvanist Pig
5.) Wangst

Desires:
1.) Plays a stringed instrument *sigh*
2.) A Gentleman
3.) Someone to debat- fight with
4.) a little reserved
5.) Mr. Spock

Reactions: jyrffw54

What? This post makes little to no sense to me.

1. You may want to clarify what you mean by strict. When suggesting that someone exert dominance over there partner in anyway it is best to be as detailed as possible otherwise there can be confusion. Plus, it is different with every ENTP. Not every girl is going to respond well to a "strict" partner. Especially if they act as if they are more of a parent.

2. Her independence will be tightened? I don't understand what you mean by this. Can you clarify?

3. Why assume that all ENTPs play games? Is this assumption from personal experience or simply something you read?

4. Mix her with mud? Are you saying don't put her on a pedestal because everyone has flaws? That is good advice. Though, I wouldn't say it the way you did. Just remember that no one is perfect and that a flaw can be the most beautiful part about a person.

5. No one is a saint no matter what type they are. Everyone has flaws and skeletons. ENTPs are no different from any other type in this respect.

Reactions: not sure
eee en teee peeee

[MENTION]DevilDoll;474488[/MENTION]

1. You may want to clarify what you mean by strict. When suggesting that someone exert dominance over there partner in anyway it is best to be as detailed as possible otherwise there can be confusion. Plus, it is different with every ENTP. Not every girl is going to respond well to a "strict" partner. Especially if they act as if they are more of a parent. - No I didn't mean locking you in a cage and preventing you to be free person which you naturally like to be. It's just important to make a border. I agree it should be clearly described.

2. Her independence will be tightened? I don't understand what you mean by this. Can you clarify? - maybe you are not like your ENTJ cousins who like to control everything, - Look at answer to point 1.

3. Why assume that all ENTPs play games? Is this assumption from personal experience or simply something you read? - I think that ENTP naturally treat everything as things that can be fun, and sometimes they don't see when someone is talking seriously. I chose the wrong word also - I wanted to say more like "say clearly what you think about". This will avoid being misunderstood.

4. Mix her with mud? Are you saying don't put her on a pedestal because everyone has flaws? That is good advice. Though, I wouldn't say it the way you did. Just remember that no one is perfect and that a flaw can be the most beautiful part about a person. - I needed to say it that way because from my experiences (very bad ones) and INFJ description we are just looking at people we like through "pink glasses". And it's not always good.

5. No one is a saint no matter what type they are. Everyone has flaws and skeletons. ENTPs are no different from any other type in this respect. - True, but some people are good at making self-limitations, and some are just enjoying braking them (if nobody sees)...

Why can't you stand her, and why don't you ask her out if you like her? We don't have many ENTP females on this forum, and even if we did, what they like might not be what she likes, and you're not going to be able to change that much anyway.

Or if you're not interested in dating her or being friends, then forget about her?

1. You may want to clarify what you mean by strict. When suggesting that someone exert dominance over there partner in anyway it is best to be as detailed as possible otherwise there can be confusion. Plus, it is different with every ENTP. Not every girl is going to respond well to a "strict" partner. Especially if they act as if they are more of a parent. - No I didn't mean locking you in a cage and preventing you to be free person which you naturally like to be. It's just important to make a border. I agree it should be clearly described.

What you mean is that the partners should express themselves in a concise manner that way they there is little confusion as to what each person wants out of the relationship, right?

2. Her independence will be tightened? I don't understand what you mean by this. Can you clarify? - maybe you are not like your ENTJ cousins who like to control everything, - Look at answer to point 1.

ENTJs are FAR more prone to desire control of a situation than ENTPs. This is because they are Te dominant. Te is characterized by scheduling, delegating, and planning. ENTPs have Ti, which is the desire to be concise and clarify.

3. Why assume that all ENTPs play games? Is this assumption from personal experience or simply something you read? - I think that ENTP naturally treat everything as things that can be fun, and sometimes they don't see when someone is talking seriously. I chose the wrong word also - I wanted to say more like "say clearly what you think about". This will avoid being misunderstood.

ENTPs do tend to be more upbeat and playful especially when they are enneagram 7s as well. However, this does not mean that they lack the ability to distinguish between playful and serious situations. "Playing games" implies manipulation, which any type is capable of. I don't think ENTPs are any more likely to do so than an INFJ or say an ENFP. I think the issue here is actually the function order. (INFJ = Ni>Fe>Ti>Se ENTP= Ne>Ti>Fe>Si) ENTPs are not always as sensitive to the INFJs feelings. This seems to be common among T-F pairings. They are not intentionally playing games or being insensitive, their F is simply not as well developed. Though, with Fe in the secondary for an INFJ and tertiary for an ENTP it is not that much of a stretch to say that the gap can be breeched with a bit of work.

4. Mix her with mud? Are you saying don't put her on a pedestal because everyone has flaws? That is good advice. Though, I wouldn't say it the way you did. Just remember that no one is perfect and that a flaw can be the most beautiful part about a person. - I needed to say it that way because from my experiences (very bad ones) and INFJ description we are just looking at people we like through "pink glasses". And it's not always good.

Yeah it's good advice not to look at people through rose colored glasses. I just found the wording to be odd.

5. No one is a saint no matter what type they are. Everyone has flaws and skeletons. ENTPs are no different from any other type in this respect. - True, but some people are good at making self-limitations, and some are just enjoying braking them (if nobody sees)...

Every type is capable of pushing boundaries and toeing the line. I am trying to point out that this is far from exclusive to ENTPs.

Reactions: Phoenix Down
*sigh*

Dear threadstarter:

If she's as pretty and as smart as you say. Why don't you just grow some balls and ask her out? What's the worst she can do, say no? If she really is comming on to you, then she'll say yes. If she's just not that into you, well then, she's just not that into you.

Having the composure to compose coherent sentences whilst being distracted by sexy is quite a feat. That's admirable. Just do it.

-Your Friendly neighborhood smartass

God. Why are people attracted to entps? It makes no sense. They can be so innapprorpiate and silly AT THE WRONG TIMES. And they bounce off the walls and have a.d.d. Why am I attracted to entps? It makes no sense.

Here at [MENTION=2827]Phoenix Down[/MENTION] I picked you some flowers. :D

flowers.jpg

Want to date me? I know a good resteraunt we can go to!!

mcdonalds.jpg

:D

Reactions: jyrffw54 and Nixie
God. Why are people attracted to entps? It makes no sense. They can be so innapprorpiate and silly AT THE WRONG TIMES. And they bounce off the walls and have a.d.d. Why am I attracted to entps? It makes no sense.

flowers.jpg

mcdonalds.jpg

Cause we're AWESOME!

Maybe you are not like your ENTJ cousins who like to control everything, -Look at answer to point 1.

That's also not true. I have no interest in controlling my partner in a relationship. There is simply no point in controlling someone and making them out (or forcing them) to be someone they are not.

We may be controlling of the "environment", factors that surround a situation, resources, etc. but not of people. Even then I wouldn't call it "controlling", more like "directing".

ENTJs are FAR more prone to desire control of a situation than ENTPs. This is because they are Te dominant. Te is characterized by scheduling, delegating, and planning. ENTPs have Ti, which is the desire to be concise and clarify.

Yes, control situations maybe. Control people, no, and especially not in a relationship.

I am currently married to an ENTP (<3) and engaged to another (<3), they're free to run wild as long as they don't cheat on me. :D

That's also not true. I have no interest in controlling my partner in a relationship. There is simply no point in controlling someone and making them out (or forcing them) to be someone they are not.

We may be controlling of the "environment", factors that surround a situation, resources, etc. but not of people. Even then I wouldn't call it "controlling", more like "directing".

Yes, control situations maybe. Control people, no, and especially not in a relationship.

I am currently married to an ENTP (<3) and engaged to another (<3), they're free to run wild as long as they don't cheat on me. :D

I love my wifey!

Reactions: Odyne

flowers.jpg

mcdonalds.jpg

As amusing a thought I find it to just flat out shoot you down, I feel that meta-rejection that clearly states the respectful decline not only has comedic effect, but also provides some insight into the thought processes of said ADHD ENTP. Additionally its openly facetious nature does neither encourages nor discourages extension of the proposal. This leaves us to question earlier claims made within this statement regarding clarity as its self referencing and self demonstrating nature strengthen meta points made albeit in a verbose and convoluted manner. Which brings us to juxtapose concepts of linguistic content and rhetorical elocution.

Possible outcomes of the current statements?
a simple "lol wut?"
Thread kill
utter chaos
general confusion
general indifference

Last edited: