IndigoSensor

Product Obtained
Retired Staff
Nov 12, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2 sx/so/sp
There are a few other threads in this section about different enneagram types. I wanted to start one on my own enneagram type, 1w2, even though it isn't as common here as the 5's and 4's seem to be. Unfortonately I can not find a descripton of this type online that appears to be accurate, so if anyone else can then go a head and post it. In general 1w2's are very perfectonistic focused, they must do the right thing at all times, but also take the human element into perspective, and very much want to be good to others. Practical and end-product focused, they strive to be "good" and pure of any ill or evil. Anger is their vice and is strongly supressed, only to come out when under strong pressure. When it does come out, it tends to be very scalding, more so for 1w2's then 1w9,s due to their communication focus.

So, this is really a thread for any other 1w2's on here to discuss their experiences as one, and if anyone else has anything to add in about this enneagram type.

ETA: Kaze posted a very good descripton.

I'm not very familiar with 1w2s, so you'll have to tell me whether this one fits.

The One with a Two-wing:

Yeah that's dead on for me. It actually describes me too well, lol. I think that works extremely well for a description. What website did you get it from?

I took a key phrase from my book Personality Types by Riso&Hudson to see if I could find it posted somewhere. It wasn't an exact match, but it saved me from having to post it myself. Here's the exact site though: http://www.allpersonality.com/?page_id=183

That site is really good, thanks for posting it! I don't exactly know why but every time I try to google search enneagram it ends up bring up less then desirable descriptor sites.

No wonder we get along sometimes Indy! Yes, I am a 1w2 myself. I have a highly developed sense of honor and duty. I related very strongly to the description given--even *cringe* the whole anger thing. When I first started reading about the Enneagram I was convinced I was an 8--just because i didn't want to see myself as angry.

Descriptive Adjectives for High Functioning Ones
Disciplined
Conscientious
Consistent
Advocate
Idealistic
Crusader
Ethical
Tolerant
Principled
Moral
Just
Good
Fair
Realistic

Adjectives for Average Functioning Ones
Appropriate
Impersonal
Orderly
Controlling
Right
Proper
Tense
Fixer
Critical
Purist

Descriptive Adjectives for Low Functioning Ones
Opinionated
Self-righteous
Inflexible
Compulsive
Non-adaptable
Resentful
Indignant
Nit Picking
Obstinate
Scolding
Punitive
Abrasive
Dogmatic
Obsessive

I found this interesting. Of course these words could describe anybody. I also think that is isn't really possible to always be your best self, so these all have fit me at one time or another. What do you think Indy?

I would agree that is a pretty good list. I fit the vast majority of those words at one time or another depending on where I am at. It could fit many people outside of just 1's, but with enneagram it is with what you most identify with. I can garuntee if you had a list of all 9 types I would fit with this one the best.

Sigh, me too. Of course, is it bad that there is some satisfaction with being number 1??? Sure, they say it isn't a numerical ranking system but still, number 1....