Ender's Game

arbygil

Passing through
Nov 29, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yes-s-s, I just now got around to reading it. And I liked it, but it frustrated me, too. Poor little Ender! Poor children! Sometimes I was so furious I wanted to send the book across the room.

It reminded me a lot of an anime called, "Evangelion", but "Ender's Game" felt much more painful.

I'm still processing the book. Loved the ending, hated the abuse.

I had to visit this...

Ender's game - AMAZING!
If you like Bean, there is a whole portion of the series that is based on him...but I'd recommend Speaker for the Dead, if you want to figure out what happens when Ender grows up. Alternatively there is Ender in Exile, which is meant to bridge the gap between Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead.

I hold Ender very close to my heart :)

Just saw this thread!

All three of us here have read it, my husband, my son, and I. It was recommended to my husband by a friend of his, because our son reminded this friend of Ender, after they played Halo together on X-Box Live for a few weeks.

They both loved it; I loved it, but I cried almost all the way through. I found it very harrowing. I thought Ender was a tremendous character.

On our Ender's recommendation, I'm going to get ahold of Ender in Exile and Speaker for the Dead, which I've been postponing because I love the first book so much.

Just saw this thread!

All three of us here have read it, my husband, my son, and I. It was recommended to my husband by a friend of his, because our son reminded this friend of Ender, after they played Halo together on X-Box Live for a few weeks.

They both loved it; I loved it, but I cried almost all the way through. I found it very harrowing. I thought Ender was a tremendous character.

On our Ender's recommendation, I'm going to get ahold of Ender in Exile and Speaker for the Dead, which I've been postponing because I love the first book so much.

Me too, Zen - I was alternately crying and furious at the way he was treated. I wanted to throw the book across the room several times, but couldn't get away from reading for long.

Ender reminds me of one anime character in Evangelion. That show also manipulated kids, although they were 12 instead of six years old or so.

I read the book in junior high and then again in college. And of course, I had to read all the sequels to the book and the parallel books. Personally, I like Ender's Shadow just as much as Ender's Game because I'm a huge fan of Bean. And Bean's story really odes rival Ender's when it comes to the sadness factor.

Last edited:
Is this the Orson Scott Card book?

504214-endersgame_01_cover_super.jpg

Thought so, since marvel finds the need to recreate any well written book into graphic novel form. Also Orson Scott Card wrote Ultimate Iron Man, which wasn't particularly amazing, but it was pretty well received. I've heard people speak about Orson Scott Cards beliefs, and from what I hear they're quite disputable, disputable enough that some steer clear of him and his works. I don't care, I own two books written by him. I also own books by a self proclaimed Shaman.