Ego death through thought | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Ego death through thought

@muir

Are you sure that ego death isn't a plot by the empowered elite to convince people to drown their troubles in meaningless navel-gazing and lazy introspection instead of taking action to change the world around them? ;)

Lol

Funny you say that....

There are some people who say that the CIA had a hand in the counterculture movement as a way of disintegrating the fabric of society!

i think it all gets murkier and murkier the deeper you look into it as there is probably a lot of missinformation designed to confuse us

The elites have definately sought to shut down or failing that coopt anything that they saw as gaining lots of public interest.

I think that looking within and exploring all these ideas is a healthy thing to do though. The world is a giant treasure chest of things to explore....more than enough for one lifetime!

If a person becomes more individuated they become more secure and less likely to follow blindly the elites without questioning. they may also consciously make efforts to drop out of the consumer culture so i think people switching on is bad for the corporations and bad for the elites

Apone;631905 I was into this stuff when I was about your age said:
know[/I] anything, but I'm pretty sure that if you're constantly wound up and overexcited and overthinking everything and trying to find significance/'deeper meaning' in things, you're probably not going to find any peace whatsoever.

If you just switch off for a while and stop trying to make everything into something else and just let it be what it is, then you'll probably get a lot further than if you're collecting all kinds of theories and bits of info and ideas and frantically trying to piece them together into some sort of coherent whole. It isn't about knowing 'how' to do it or formulating a strategy or a way to do it, it's just something you do and then that's that. Actually, it could be something that you've already done millions of times every day, but the thing is you're expecting it to be this huge deal that changes everything and makes you feel a certain way, so when it happened and it wasn't that, you ignored it and went back to 'normal'.

But Siddhartha left his world of comfort behind to pursue the spiritual path. It was an arduous journey but a rewarding one

Last edited:
muir said:
I think its all about internal processes. But if we are all one consciousness then everything occuring is occuring within us. Lon Milo Duquette said: 'its all in your head....you just have no idea how big your head is!'

So yes revelation is occuring within us but it may well occur without us as well because both are the same (as above so below....is the hermetic principle that was on the emerald tablet and also enshrined in the corpus hermeticum)

The mystics have always said that the answers to everything is within....like a holographic universe....the whole is contained within every part

The mystery schools said 'know thyself and understand the universe!'

On the walls of the oracle at Delphi were inscribed the words 'know thyself'. Later after there had been much conflict in the greek speaking world some more more words were added: 'all things in moderation'

The fusion of the male and female we are talking about i think is working on a number of different levels. Jung might talk about the anima and animus on the level of our psyche whilst yogis might talk about the union of shiva and shakti. the two channels around the spine that these subtle energies are transported along can be seen in a water/fire, male/female sense as well; the aim being to raise the kundelini energy upto the crown chakra and to fire up the third eye

So there is talk of an 'awakening'....but what if this awakening is a shift in consciousness....a shift in perceptions....of how we perceive things which will in turn drastically change how we relate to each other and how we treat each other?
The bolded is of importance because as you said, the internal processes are also external processes. What you live by will manifest itself eventually, and if it is love, it will manifest; and if it is grace, it will manifest. If it is anger, more will come; hate, fear, all will answer your call. Know your power! Every human does this, some without realizing. Wake up! Breakfast is ready and it is a beautiful day! The elites power is of this world, "I'll take away your money and house! Or I'll kill you!" Their power is pale in comparison to the infinite consciousness. They will fade away and self destruct. Just as the body's immune system manifests health after fighting infection, so will the infinite consciousness in manifesting love and harmony. There is no hate in love, so it will be gone if you're steadfast.
@Apone it's about art, writing inner processes creatively. Spiritual beliefs can be written in an alluring way and depict beauty and grace, so it's able to be appreciated for that fact alone. The spiritual interaction with our physical environment is an inherent human creative process that can be harnessed for whatever the painter decides to paint. One decides what is painted. That is he who has the power of the brush and the power of the brush has been given to you, all who are.

Last edited:
Reactions: muir
the hand that grasps doesn't attain enlightenment....

you're saying let go?

Let go of it all....and in letting go you will receive

I disagree, while I understand what you're saying, I believe that letting go is merely grasping emptiness. You're still grasping something.

A few years ago we were discussing enlightenment in my meditation group and it was said to me: "You cannot take the Ego with you." I clearly remember my lower lip moving outward in a pout and I said: "But I LIKE my Ego and was kinda hoping it could come along with me on this journey." We all laughed.... I was kinda joking - but at the same time - was sad.

I've run across many perspectives on methods to attain enlightenment and the common ground or locus essentially distills down to acceptance of Self. I think as one walks the path to enlightenment there is this sense of letting go of judgments of all kinds about our selves and this also entails letting go of judgment of others. If I view my Ego as the sum total of the learned behaviors and patterns imprinted upon me as a child and those patterns are all based upon a judging action - then my Ego will be let go bit by bit and left behind me as I walk my path.

In a world filled with humans who are out to get one another - I daresay it's almost dangerous to completely eradicate the Ego. The Ego is the one who helps you survive. But there is another part of me who longs for the time when it happens because then I will be able to live without fear. ....for I will survive anyway - maybe not in this form - but I will still Be....
What if the ego is still there but that we don't crave for it or love it or take pride in it anymore. It's not ours anymore in a way. What if it's just like some movement in space. I kind of think that the shape plays itself out but that the inside is unchained. That's how I like to think about it. And that Life's just creation, like making a drawing in a way...trying to make a pleasant one. Maybe. ;)
Or if I believe some people who seem a lot smarter than me I don't even have to worry about the pleasant bit as it just is if left alone. I don't know. I'm going with that anyway. :)

What if the ego is still there but that we don't crave for it or love it or take pride in it anymore. It's not ours anymore in a way. What if it's just like some movement in space. I kind of think that the shape plays itself out but that the inside is unchained. That's how I like to think about it. And that Life's just creation, like making a drawing in a way...trying to make a pleasant one. Maybe. ;)
Or if I believe some people who seem a lot smarter than me I don't even have to worry about the pleasant bit as it just is if left alone. I don't know. I'm going with that anyway. :)

I think that's another way of saying you've let go of the Ego. It doesn't play a central driving role in your life and your behaviors and actions are not influenced by it. The way I've been taught to accomplish this - is to recognize the judging and learn to stop it. The method is not like a negative discipline such as swatting a child and yelling no. It's more like when one sees themself judging their self - then the observer brings compassion to the Ego and recognizes these are learned patterns where one had no control over their circumstances. Such as in childhood.

I agree with you when you said "It's not ours anymore in a way". In a way - it never was. But was developed as necessary for survival on a dangerous planet.

I think that's another way of saying you've let go of the Ego. It doesn't play a central driving role in your life and your behaviors and actions are not influenced by it. The way I've been taught to accomplish this - is to recognize the judging and learn to stop it. The method is not like a negative discipline such as swatting a child and yelling no. It's more like when one sees themself judging their self - then the observer brings compassion to the Ego and recognizes these are learned patterns where one had no control over their circumstances. Such as in childhood.

I agree with you when you said "It's not ours anymore in a way". In a way - it never was. But was developed as necessary for survival on a dangerous planet.
Good thinking, because a big ego is not bad if one has control over it. Lots of people come to mind who have huge egos, but have control over them. Even Jesus was strong to say he was equal to God and had such control over his ego that he emptied himself as a servant to God and laid down his life for everyone. The ego will develop with the species into spiritual growth. For how long though, I dont know, but I see it going very far with the spirit.