Earthquake in Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Australia. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Earthquake in Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Australia.

Doesn't the sound of a crying baby make women lactate sometimes? So she can be as stressed out but torture her with recordings of her baby cryng.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/91767

A baby's cry is actually at a very specific pitch and tone that causes only it's own mother to lactate (this mechanism is very poorly understood but illustrates well just how complex human physiology is). However I'm sure there have been on rare occasions occurrences of strangers lactating in response to a a baby's cry. This is probably very rare though, so if you do find yourself in this position, get it checked out as there is almost certainly a pathological reason for this.

That's pretty messed up but it might be effective. Damn, I've got a streak of cruelty somewhere in me to even think of that.

*sticks out tongue at your 5.0* I'm a third generation Californian, that's like a ride at magic mountain. Hee.Glad you're not hurt and amused that you've incurred the wrath of God.

^^That can happen, but not always, and it does not work like an on-off switch. You usually have to have lactation well-established already.

(I think if Shai is truly going to write a story like this, he should be forced to do a live reading at a LaLeche League meeting, and also be forced to listen to a crying baby for several hours straight. Perhaps while attached to a breast pump. Just sayin'...)

The wrath of God is nothing compared to the wrath of lactating mothers.

This isn't a story, it is a cookbook called "The Culinary Guide to the Cannibalisation of Human Infants." The breastmilk thing is a side chapter of breastmilk recipes.

I wonder if they will want us to do readings on our tour BN...

Last edited:
What has been really unfortunate is that a huge amount of this Earthquakes happened on land and have caused major destruction (We mostly don't feel most because they occur in the ocean). Also the number is indeed above average, I believe we will reach maximun solar spot activity in 2012, I am not sure if such is related as solar activity usually has a crucial effect on Earth ( Some say electronics might stop working when such activity is reached)..Indeed it is quite scary, but I try to not be alarmist. We will see how things o in the near future.

Kalgoorlie-Boulder is a twin, joined city... The difference being that Kalgoorlie has no bedrock, there is a massive underground mine there that would have collapsed the entire city and killed everyone had it hit hannan st instead of burt st.

Almost as if someone was trying to punish me, but missed.
(story is googlable)

Sorry, I'll be more specific in my prayer next time.

What's your adress? are you found of lighting or fire?

Sorry, I'll be more specific in my prayer next time.

What's your adress? are you found of lighting or fire?
2002-05-17.gif

and because it works so well with the thread in general
2002-08-22.gif