E-readers

DevilDoll

Beware! I Bite...
Dec 6, 2009
MBTI
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
So, I am posting this from my new Nook Color!! It is fantastic! Anyway, to make this thread have more substance than me bragging, who else has an e reader? Do you like It? In your opinion which is better? Nook or Kindle?

I have a Kindle 2. I got it last year for Christmas. I love it. I'm a super bookworm so it's been a great gadget for me to have.
I find it makes reading much easier because I can make the text as big as I like.

I've been holding out on e-book readers for a while due to price, but they're looking more and more attractive. Now that I've found an AMAZING ebook filesharing website, I might end up buying a Kindle for Christmas.

Reactions: Peppermint
I have a Sony PRS-505, which I got for the storage potential and format compatibility.

The Kindle has been getting better at multiple formats, but I still like the wide range that the Sony reader supports.

I bought mine without the intention of buying many ebooks. I download from Gutenberg and other sources.

It supports PDF but in most cases it isn't worth it due to formatting issues.

The Kindle DX would be really nice for its PDF support. I will probably buy a new model of e-book reader when a color E-Ink display becomes affordable; either that or an affordable LCD-based solution that is easily readable in direct sunlight.

I have the latest & greatest Kindle (Kindle 3?) which I bought once I realized it was cheap enough to get. I do love it - the battery holds on for *weeks* and it's great at reading in direct light without too much of a glare. I enjoy the freebie book downloads, and I like getting magazine subscriptions on it. It's a mite slow when you go online, though; I opted to get mine without the 3G network.

I researched them all and opted for the nook color because of its capabilites outside of being an ereader. It browses the web quite well, I adore the android OS, and the borrow option, as well as it's ability to store mp3, mp4, and .pdf. oh not to menention the fabulous color touch screen. So far I am in love with it.

I researched them all and opted for the nook color because of its capabilites outside of being an ereader. It browses the web quite well, I adore the android OS, and the borrow option, as well as it's ability to store mp3, mp4, and .pdf. oh not to menention the fabulous color touch screen. So far I am in love with it.

[MENTION=2096]DevilDoll[/MENTION] does that let you install any android app?

[MENTION=1779]NeverAmI[/MENTION] sadly, it is not compatible with the android market, but they are developing a nook equivalent to be released soon. I am also looking into rooting it which may allow for more android apps. I will let you know.

Books.

Reactions: Bird