bamf

Is Watching You
Retired Staff
Apr 9, 2009
MBTI
Meh
Enneagram
Meh
Anyone know of any good freeware to break DVD codes and then rip material straight from the DVD?

I'm looking through old concert footage from the band, and I'd like to upload it to youtube to share with my old bandmates. I own and have the rights to the footage, but I no longer have the original copies, just on DVD. Wondering if anyone had suggestions of programs that they've used in the past.

Thanks!

I've used DVDFab before and it does a decent job.

Anyone know of any good freeware to break DVD codes and then rip material straight from the DVD?

I'm looking through old concert footage from the band, and I'd like to upload it to youtube to share with my old bandmates. I own and have the rights to the footage, but I no longer have the original copies, just on DVD. Wondering if anyone had suggestions of programs that they've used in the past.

Thanks!

I am out of the scene these days, dvd shrink is the app to use if there isn't any encryption.

For encryption, AnyDVD is one that I heard of back in the day.

I have also heard of handbrake but I am not sure of its use.

I am out of the scene these days, dvd shrink is the app to use if there isn't any encryption.

There's the other one I was trying to think of.

i used Handbrake for Mac. Seems to work fine.

Thanks everyone for replying. I ended up using DVDfab. Messed up the sound a wee bit, but it sounded bad to begin with, so it really doesn't matter. My friends will appreciate this.

Thanks everyone for replying. I ended up using DVDfab. Messed up the sound a wee bit, but it sounded bad to begin with, so it really doesn't matter. My friends will appreciate this.

Awesome. Did you upload it to youtube?

If you BUY DVDFab, it sounds better. It's the best program I know of though, for ripping a movie straight to .avi

If you BUY DVDFab, it sounds better. It's the best program I know of though, for ripping a movie straight to .avi
Yeah, I was pretty impressed with the free trial. If I ever have a need to do this again, I might actually consider buying it.

The only thing that shits me about the free trial was the audio being crap.

I'm really glad it worked for you. :D