[PUG] - DRUG TEST all college students, unemployment beneficiaries, public school children!!! | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[PUG] DRUG TEST all college students, unemployment beneficiaries, public school children!!!

I
When you boil it all down to what the motivation is behind such a belief, again. Its some form of fear. My theory of course, restated now is that its a fear of being part of the population that is demonized...
Pathetic.

Yes! It's that mysterious Freudian fear of addicts taking your money to buy drugs or substances to fuel their addictions. Kind of like fear of getting mugged.

Not that I think testing each and every welfare recipient is a brilliant idea, or a very economical one, but it does seem more consistent, not less, that if people with regular jobs get tested (as they do) then people who rely on welfare should as well. And if I stay clean and do not abuse street or prescription drugs, that should be the expectation for everyone. It seems consistent to me anyway but I suppose that's because of my innate horribleness/ignorance. Shrug.

Yes! It's that mysterious Freudian fear of addicts taking your money to buy drugs or substances to fuel their addictions. Kind of like fear of getting mugged.

Not that I think testing each and every welfare recipient is a brilliant idea, or a very economical one, but it does seem more consistent, not less, that if people with regular jobs get tested (as they do) then people who rely on welfare should as well. And if I stay clean and do not abuse street or prescription drugs, that should be the expectation for everyone. It seems consistent to me anyway but I suppose that's because of my innate horribleness/ignorance. Shrug.

Its not consistent.

the government is not supposed to discriminate segments of the population because it is a public trust.

Your job, is not a public trust, it is a private industry and they can regulate just about anything except based on certain small things like your race or gender etc. And even then private business owners whine about that. But if you work for Chilis they can and will inform you on how to act, what you can and cannot wear, and so on and so forth. They are not the same and its not logical to assume they should be.

As was proven there are less drug addicts per capita in Florida anyway on welfare than who have jobs.

I have a theory that the simpletons who believe this tripe are just insecure about themselves. They are projecting, everyone knows everyone uses public funding of some sort, its the entire basis for the government. Fuck, even if you want to take it a step further, we rob 3rd world nations of their resources to bloat our standard of living to what it is... the West has been doing this for 100s of years. And then to have the audacity to turn around and tell everyone else to strap up their boots and work harder? Its disgusting...

Everyone takes help, but it takes an especially smug type of asshole to delude themselves that their student aid is not welfare, that their unemployment is not a form of welfare, that PUBLIC roads are not a form of welfare. They dont mind those things because those things are nice and great... The people we are talking about are afraid of being poor. More important distinction, they are MORE afraid of being considered poor, so they hate on people who remind them of their fear, of course that would be too simple and too obvious. Projection is the oldest form of mental self trickery in the book, so they try to wrap it up in the air of smug bullshit, I WORK AND PAY TAXES! This isnt about my irrational feelings, this is about principles and economics! They usually become irate when you break it down for them that:

A. they are not holding true to their principles they espouse elsewhere in their lives, or else they are holding true to them and the other 99% of the time when the pretend to give a shit about anybody but themselves they are just lying.

B. Economically testing welfare people is... well not very frickin economical...

When you boil it all down to what the motivation is behind such a belief, again. Its some form of fear. My theory of course, restated now is that its a fear of being part of the population that is demonized...

its like we never left kindergarten. Everyone picks on the poor kid who wears the same shirt to school everyday because they dont want to be the bottom of the totem.

Pathetic.

So Billy, since you have everything so figured out and know what everyone feels and thinks, why not run for President?

I mean, you rant and rave because, obviously, you have all the answers - you could fix everything, right? I am concerned you are starting to believe your own rants.

You sound like an advocate for the poor and homeless but tell me, in the last 6 months, how many homeless people have you given any money to? Honest question?

I bought a meal for a homeless man the other day - how about you?

Or how about any of you - how many homeless people have you fed in the last six months or is it all just talk?
j

I wonder if non-military government personnel get tested for drug use? I think they do.

I am not sure, but I believe one has to go through a pretty stringent background check and possibly drug testing (IDK) to get a non-military government or government contract job.

Which honestly makes me wonder exactly which section of the population is truly getting special treatment or being discriminated against. Is it people who have jobs in the public or private sector (who all seem to be subject to drug testing) or people who receive welfare (who are not subject to drug testing, except maybe in Florida, I don't know)?

I also am perfectly aware that I myself receive welfare/government benefits in the form of things like public schools and roads, but I do not use those benefits to buy illegal substances. Or even to abuse legal ones. That seems to be the issue that bothers people, that people can potentially use their benefits for buying things they weren't intended for. It does not seem to be completely unreasonable.

I am no longer sure if this is about using drugs or being poor & stigmatized.

you know, I have better things to do with my time instead of coming here and reading this. it is sickening all the self-righteous patting on the back you all do to yourselves (not all , some).

Please, quite judging others so harshly and act like your a great saint and everyone else are hypocrites.

I may be an INFJ, but the lack of love you all show and the bombastic, self-righteous attitudes some of you have is not what I am about. You preach love but I do not see that too much on this forum...only sullen people lashing out at others (mostly those who hold religious views).

Please - quit being so self-righteous and thinking you, and you alone, have all the answer, because you do not.

Reactions: Gaze
So Billy, since you have everything so figured out and know what everyone feels and thinks, why not run for President?

I mean, you rant and rave because, obviously, you have all the answers - you could fix everything, right? I am concerned you are starting to believe your own rants.

You sound like an advocate for the poor and homeless but tell me, in the last 6 months, how many homeless people have you given any money to? Honest question?

I bought a meal for a homeless man the other day - how about you?

Or how about any of you - how many homeless people have you fed in the last six months or is it all just talk?
j

I give money to lots of people, I buy food for homeless people constantly. I work in New Haven CT, do you have any idea how many homeless there are here? There is one guy in particular my work partner and I nicknamed Harry. We took him to lunch every single day for 5 months. And paid.

I would run for president, but the religious nuts wont ever elect an atheist because apparently we are immoral. If you want to know my position on helping the less fortunate I have an article I wrote on it you can read, if you want to.

I bought a homeless guy lunch at burger king the other day but wound up getting his bag stuck in the revolving door. I hate revolving doors.

Good, thank you! It is not the governments job to take care of people - it is PEOPLE'S job to take care of each other.

The self-righteousness of some on this forum is amazing!

Love starts even here...with each other....but some here can't even talk amicably with their fellow human - how can they love the homless and poor?

I give money to lots of people, I buy food for homeless people constantly. I work in New Haven CT, do you have any idea how many homeless there are there? There is one guy in particular my work partner and I nicknamed Harry. We took him to lunch every single day for 5 months. And paid.

I would run for president, but the religious nuts wont ever elect an atheist because apparently we are immoral. If you want to know my position on helping the less fortunate I have an article I wrote on it you can read, if you want to.

That;s good, Billy - show THAT side of you. The Billy I like has a GOOD heart, I know it, show it. Please, quit ranting so much and let's dialogue.

I want to get to know the good Billy....please, tone the ranting down.

That;s good, Billy - show THAT side of you. The Billy I like has a GOOD heart, I know it, show it. Please, quit ranting so much and let's dialogue.

I want to get to know the good Billy....please, tone the ranting down.

You will get used to the ranting and love me anyway. I promise!

I give money to lots of people, I buy food for homeless people constantly. I work in New Haven CT, do you have any idea how many homeless there are here? There is one guy in particular my work partner and I nicknamed Harry. We took him to lunch every single day for 5 months. And paid.

Billy, STOP the NAME CALLING.

We are not RELIGIOUS NUTS and you are NOT IMMORAL atheists.

We are people, fellow travelers trying to get through this life together. I do not care if you are an atheists if you do not mind I am a Christian. Let's accept each others diferences and learn from each other.

You actually taught me something on one of the post, do you realize that?

Your a good heart Billy, show it. Challenge me, yes, but do it in a way that encourages us to grow together as friends.

Good luck getting [MENTION=1451]Billy[/MENTION] to stop ranting, I think pigs will sooner start wearing jet packs.

Good luck getting [MENTION=1451]Billy[/MENTION] to stop ranting, I think pigs will sooner start wearing jet packs.

Billy is a good guy...I would have probably been like him except for the fact I became a Christian. We probably share more similarities than he realizes.

The bottom line is: It is not an US against THEM, it is about people trying to learn and grow and become better....

Anyway, I need to go to bed, my wife want my attention. Sorry for the blow-up, I just lost it a little.

[MENTION=5927]Patrick Williams[/MENTION]

I have donated money to charity every year when I worked full-time; United Way, to be specific, even though I have been below poverty level for most of my adult life. It wasn't a huge amount, but every little bit helps. I've also donated towards food drives, school supply drives, clothing drives, etc. I have donated 3 cars to Kars4Kids, and have never used the vacation voucher they offer nor claimed it on my taxes and have volunteered at the local animal shelter. I'm also hoping, at some point, to figure out a way to start a support group for family/friends of people who have committed suicide in our area, because there isn't one and I firmly believe that there should be. :)

Good, thank you! It is not the governments job to take care of people - it is PEOPLE'S job to take care of each other.

The government is people.

Please - quit being so self-righteous and thinking you, and you alone, have all the answer, because you do not.

Condemning others for their self righteousness one breath after you pompously announce that you feed the homeless and accuse everyone else of being selfish hypocrites seems rather ironic, don't you think?

Jussayin'.

And I like Billy. I just think it's rather sad that he doesn't seem to know how to express anything but hostility. But whatever.

Reactions: Billy
The government is people.

Condemning others for their self righteousness one breath after you pompously announce that you feed the homeless and accuse everyone else of being selfish hypocrites seems rather ironic, don't you think?

Jussayin'.
Omg I know right?!
QFT..

Anyway... Who do supporters of this think is going to pay for the drug tests?
That most people in hardship will probably pass anyway....unless I'm missing some crucial data that those on assistance are drug users...

I find most people I encounter who support ideas like these really have no experience in helping those needing assistance. I've spent the past five years doing social service work with individuals and families needing assistance. Those in favor of this haven't a clue outside of what the pundits spew... Guess what?! 99% of them weren't drug users! They were just people needing help.