Don't cry for me Argentina | INFJ Forum

Don't cry for me Argentina

testing

On Holiday
Aug 14, 2009
MBTI
qwer
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/lt_argentina_gay_marriage

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina – Argentina legalized same-sex marriage Thursday, becoming the first country in Latin America to grant gays and lesbians all the legal rights, responsibilities and protections that marriage brings to heterosexual couples.

HAH! I posted it first! Burn! (joking.)
Any country with a dictator's wife as fabulous as Eva Peron would have to have some sense, right?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMNmP1o0tzg"]YouTube- Madonna - Don't cry for me Argentina[/ame]

Not to sidetrack from important political and legal discussions, but I not only have the music stuck in my head, but (unfortunately for me) an entire dance routine that goes with it. Don't even ask about Rythym of the Night or The Good Ship Lollipop (that one's really old.)

Back on topic now... YAY Argentina, right?

Awesome!! another country that finally realizes that there needs to be equality.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/lt_argentina_gay_marriage

HAH! I posted it first! Burn! (joking.)
Any country with a dictator's wife as fabulous as Eva Peron would have to have some sense, right?

YouTube- Madonna - Don't cry for me Argentina

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Someone beat me to posting this! What twisted, distorted universe did I wake up in today where someone beats me to posting a gay rights story on INFJs.com?

Not to rail against all Catholics, but I found it funny that the Roman Catholic officials in Argentina dubbed the gay marriage bill, "The devil's project".

congratulations to Argentina :D I wonder if this will change the society and/or culture?

Also....well, Madonna. Oh, young!Madonna.

Latin America? Wow, I'm impressed. Or is the U.S. really just that backward?

I once had this song stuck in my head for 2 weeks. This was the one that caused me to find the cure for a song stuck in my head, which is to listen to the whole song three times, and it will leave.

Also, kudos to Argentina.

For me it usually takes upwards of 30 for some songs.

Latin America? Wow, I'm impressed. Or is the U.S. really just that backward?

For me it usually takes upwards of 30 for some songs.

Just to clarify: Argentina is part of Latin America located mostly on the continent of South America; the United States of America are in North America, and parts of it already allow gay marriage, but it is controversial.

Argentina is not part of the US, it is on a different continent.

This is cause for celebration!!

As for these people...

Eduardo Morales: "They want to convert this city into the gay capital of the world"

Ines Franck: "is not discrimination, because the essence of a family is between two people of opposite sexes. Any variation goes against the law, and against nature."

Hey assholes! What did the 5 fingers say to the face? SLAP
Phantasmic cat has spoken.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
This is cause for celebration!!

As for these people...

Eduardo Morales: "They want to convert this city into the gay capital of the world"

Ines Franck: "is not discrimination, because the essence of a family is between two people of opposite sexes. Any variation goes against the law, and against nature."

Hey assholes! What did the 5 fingers say to the face? SLAP
Phantasmic cat has spoken.

LOL...yes!! we must celebrate..Argentina is now the 10th!!

hopefully..this trend continues. :)

Just to clarify: Argentina is part of Latin America located mostly on the continent of South America; the United States of America are in North America, and parts of it already allow gay marriage, but it is controversial.

Argentina is not part of the US, it is on a different continent.

A small minority of states allow it, it is in no way a representation of the country or even half. Argentina is clearly on South America, the relation that the US and Argentina has its that they are both located in the Americas/ Western Hemisphere. I think the point that Dragon was trying to make is that the US seems to be so advanced and proclaimed itself as number one and land of the free when in reality a lot of countries are taking actions for equality ahead of it...

Raccoon love, I am not sure what Dragon meant, but, gay rights have made huge inroads in the US in the past 20-40 years, and US TV shows such as "Ellen" and "Will and Grace" and similar ones have probably done more to improve gay rights here than almost anything else. I believe their influence may be international, at least, it is international if you can believe all this cultural imperialism talk.

Also, even though gay marriage is not legal on a Federal level, a large percent of the population at least accepts gays. There are very, very few countries worldwide who have legalized gay marriage, and some which treat gays much worse than we do here in the US.

Sure we have a ways to go, but I think calling an entire nation names is... well. You all can decide what it is for yourself. I don't think I need to get involved in this kind of debate, so I'll just stop right here.

Reactions: Raccoon Love
Raccoon love, I am not sure what Dragon meant, but, gay rights have made huge inroads in the US in the past 20-40 years, and US TV shows such as "Ellen" and "Will and Grace" and similar ones have probably done more to improve gay rights here than almost anything else. I believe their influence may be international, at least, it is international if you can believe all this cultural imperialism talk.

Also, even though gay marriage is not legal on a Federal level, a large percent of the population at least accepts gays. There are very, very few countries worldwide who have legalized gay marriage, and some which treat gays much worse than we do here in the US.

Sure we have a ways to go, but I think calling an entire nation names is... well. You all can decide what it is for yourself. I don't think I need to get involved in this kind of debate, so I'll just stop right here.

Oh no I was not trying to get into a debate :), sorry if that was misunderstood. I just felt the need to clarify what Dragon was saying. I do agree, that actions have been taking though, hopefully it gets like Argentina which is at a national level :).

Reactions: testing
I do think the US is behind as far as gay rights is concerned, though, and that's true. It's not saying anything bad about the United States...it's just a sad fact.

Just means we'll have to fight a little harder for freedoms.