Does INFJ = ADHD? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Does INFJ = ADHD?

ouch ! you wound me so ^^! ;P

I think this might be true to some degree, but just like with the add/adhd stuff, I doubt it would be the vast majority of us.
These days people are very / too quick to talk themselves and eachother into having mental issues to explain their quirks.
So when someone thinks I'm; neurotic, I got ADHD, ADD, etc. Then it is unwise to blindly assume that this is the way it is, even if you recognise parts of it.

Totally agree. And of course I can only speak for myself. As to my neuroses, I am not just patholgizing some behavioral quirk, just basically calling a spade a spade. I don't think I am a lovely, special snow flake with cute quirks. I think I am neurotic and I dearly wish I weren't! I am not agreeable and I am neurotic. These are unfortunately two things that impede Introverts of all kinds from my reading. Lower degree of agreeableness, higher degree of neurotic issues.

Does INTJ = Asperger?

No. It doesn't. It's your personality type, not a disorder.

I believe that you got that wrong.

The INTJ stereotype is an evil villain. The INTP stereotype is an absent-minded professor or a computer wiz who has got Asperger's syndrome.

Of course not. Hyperactivity is most typically an ExxP thing, which is the opposite of IxxJ. And attention deficit is probably an N thing. So an ENTP or an ENFP will be the one to have most probabilities of being ADHD. I know both cases.

Anyway, I agree in that it should not be considered a disorder.

Yeah, I was diagnosed with ADHD at a young age. My family thought I was hyper bc I talked a lot at home, couldn't focus in class and paced around when I was thinking alone by myself/listening to music/on the phone. I did have a lot of energy I guess, but I was a kid. And I went through this whole "want to be heard stage." But that was for other reasons. Still, they kept me doped up on that medication for 11 years. Which made me sick and like a vegetable.

However, I'm pretty mellow now. Although, I've personally never known another INFJ on anything other than social media (that I know of). Therefore I don't know if it's a trait specifically for INFJ's.

Last edited:
Yup! ADHD and INFJ. Needless to say, I usually am just angry at myself all the time. ADHD wants to be unorganized and to mess around all the time at school, but INFJ wants to do homework and pretend to be perfect

Honestly, I have seen "Does my type = ADHD?" on every single type forum. Not only ADHD, but a myriad of other psychological disorders or labels. This kind of thing needs to stop.

It's kind of like how everyone who likes things organized and "just-so" claims to have OCD. I am more picky and "obsessive" about order, cleanliness, etc than anyone I've met and even I don't have OCD. I just wonder why the obsession for these labels? It is a disservice to those who actually have the conditions.

ADHD has similarly been claimed by everyone who is fidgety, can't sit still, etc.

The one that really bothers and offends me is PTSD because I actually do have PTSD and people don't have a clue how much of a nightmare it is (or any other condition for that matter).

I apologize if my post comes off as rude; that's not my intention, this is a serious issue IMO. This is not addressed to those of you who actually have these conditions.

Last edited:
Honestly, I have seen "Does my type = ADHD?" on every single type forum. Not only ADHD, but a myriad of other psychological disorders or labels. This kind of thing needs to stop.

It's kind of like how everyone who likes things organized and "just-so" claims to have OCD. I am more picky and "obsessive" about order, cleanliness, etc than anyone I've met and even I don't have OCD. I just wonder why the obsession for these labels? It is a disservice to those who actually have the conditions.

ADHD has similarly been claimed by everyone who is fidgety, can't sit still, etc.

The one that really bothers and offends me is PTSD because I actually do have PTSD and people don't have a clue how much of a nightmare it is (or any other condition for that matter).

I apologize if my post comes off as rude; that's not my intention, this is a serious issue IMO. This is not addressed to those of you who actually have these conditions.

I don't think you came off as rude at all and you've brought up some very valid points. I'm an INFJ, I do not have ADHD nor do I have OCD. I have idiosyncratic tendencies, sure, but don't we all? Why, yes, yes we do. I do not believe these things are synonymous with the type at all. The only things that are synonymous with introverts in general are stress-related illnesses. I can see how some can joke about it, because the way that our thinking patterns present themselves may "look" to others as though we have some pretty strange habits. I'm with you in the realm of PTSD, it sucks and is a daily struggle. :hug:

untitle.JPG

Hi there. I'm an INFJ with ADHD. I was diagnosed when I was a child and then again at 35 years old. I use to take ritilin for my ADHD. Then the ritilin proved to be too much for my body to take. Now I have to live with out the ritilin. I have to use coping skills to help my ADHD. I now have several hobbies that i have to help with my ADHD. But I will always have ADHD.

This is a very stigmatic comment :( makes me sad. It is beliefs like that which kept me from getting a diagnosis as a child and made life a lot harder for me growing up. I am an INFJ, I have ADHD as well. There are to types of the disorder- Hyperactive and Inattentive. I am the inattentive type which is common in females. Do some research on it.

I am an INFJ with ADHD. I believe it is part of our personality and that is also what my counselor told me. I love being an INFJ but there are aspects of the ADHD that make life very difficult for me which is why I choose to recognize the illness. But, I love everything about myself and that I am such a rare personality type!

No, but in saying that, I don't want to alienate those who do have ADHD. :/

The impulsivity isn't part of my personality, it's part of the disorder. Impulsivity arises as a relief. I obsessively plan and I will obsess about the future. 29 years of precariously balancing my life to get along in the world, I suppose. Its fucking exhausting honestly, being impulsive is just a way to cope with the ridiculousness of it. I absolutely love being impulsive when I can afford to do it and it feels good. It gets a bad rap. That is when I actually get things done! Don't ask me to estimate how long it will take though, lol. Just don't.

Attention deficit "disorder" is a term created by our government / system (the man) to medicate and dumb down those who have creative, dreaming minds.

Because what are we? Dreamers, idealists, artists, and people who make moves for the betterment of all things. We are an absolute inherent threat to the system and they seek to control us because we act on our dreams and values, likely to a much further extent than all of the other personality types. The label of "disorder" is a fascist term used to create subservient, human drones existing only to please a ruling oligarchy. It's an attempt at thought control by telling us that it's "wrong, bad, or unhealthy" to dream, to critically assess and analyze information. It is fear mongering. It is systematic oppression.

Essentially, it is an attack on our intellect because of what we can achieve when left to our own ideals; something they are very afraid of.

No child who dreams or can't pay attention (be controlled) has a "disorder". He or she is born that way, and it is a product of his or her personality.

Last edited:
I love being an INFJ but there are aspects of the ADHD that make life very difficult for me which is why I choose to recognize the illness.

Your ADHD isn't what makes life difficult. It is your personality. ADHD doesn't exist. Love yourself for all of your perceived flaws. Don't let the fear of the acronym exist, because it doesn't. You are you and you were born the way you are. You must accept it as it is. Don't fear!