Does anyone else get very philosophical sometimes? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Does anyone else get very philosophical sometimes?

I was called Mr. Philosophical by a young woman that danced for a living long time ago. I was clearly thinking of something other than the pole dancers. I get philosophical a lot, and it is my nature to do so.

reference?

Gay Science mainly. His famous saying "God is dead" points that out pretty clearly. He foresaw that man could not hang around with the idea of god any longer as in ancient times, i remember a passage from that book where he said that "sacred/christianity-based art" (Michelangelo, Rennaissance guys, Divine Comedy, etc...) could not be reproduced anymore with the same effect in his times and that this tendency will continue.
The question of a superior entity for him was a closed-case anyway, he was an atheist since the start. His apparent "beef" with god and christianity was an ethical one.

Thanks. I would never look there. His apparent "beef" lacks "grit", in my opinion. The world only need enough calamity and distraction for one to see clearly. Philosophically, I feel most of us have sand in our eyes.

Gay Science mainly. His famous saying "God is dead" points that out pretty clearly. He foresaw that man could not hang around with the idea of god any longer as in ancient times, i remember a passage from that book where he said that "sacred/christianity-based art" (Michelangelo, Rennaissance guys, Divine Comedy, etc...) could not be reproduced anymore with the same effect in his times and that this tendency will continue.
The question of a superior entity for him was a closed-case anyway, he was an atheist since the start. His apparent "beef" with god and christianity was an ethical one.

very true. his atheism is shaky though, because i believe he came from a very christian family and was studying theology when he started. it was, however, his rejection of faith that catapulted him into the creative and well-known literature that we know today.

also worth mentioning is that nietzsche believed that christianity had turned society upside down when it began to rule our society. it was encouraged to revere and help the sick, poor and old in the way of jesus. this, he felt, was an anomaly in our nature that would lead to our eventual destruction.

he wanted heroes like heracles and ulysses to be the people that we look up to. men of resolve, strength and strategy that would motivate us to neglect weakness and aim for glory in a more naturalistic way.

"god is dead" was half-way a rejection of christianity, but also a rejection of the worship of weakness (as he saw it).

The whole time, I spend a lot of time thinking about everything.

That's me, all day every day.

I get especially philosophical on planes. I have a fear of flying, and being forced to travel in a tin can in the sky makes me ask big questions. I find myself accepting the concept of death as a way to finally "know" the universe. And in the process, I'll have this lump in my throat and my eyes will start welling up with emotional tears. In-flight movies and alcohol are welcome distractions.

Well, with philosophy being the love of wisdom (philos=love, sophia=wisdom), I suppose so, insofar as wisdom can be attained relative to the vast quantity there is to know.

I'm always wondering and questioning and inquiring and searching.

Poking and prodding at existence and wondering why.

Not sure if that's being philosophical, but that's how I'm interpreting it.

Last edited:
Well, with philosophy being the love of wisdom (philos=love, sophia=wisdom), I suppose so, insofar as wisdom can be attained relative to the vast quantity there is to know.

I'm always wondering and question and inquiring and searching.

Poking and prodding at existence and wondering why.

Not sure if that's being philosophical, but that's how I'm interpreting it.

24/7

Reactions: hush
Infinitely so.

to-infinity-and-beyond.jpg

Regarding the op, It is a 24/7/365 thing. Even in my dreams. Infinity and beyond, baby

Reactions: Misadventure
A lot of the time in the evening I become very philisophical. I look up quotes and think about life a lot. I come up with fake arguments with myself (is this weird?) trying to explain myself and life. Just wondering if this is normal for INFJs. I guess it's my way of working through my thoughts and sorting things out.

Yep.. :) to the point I got a bad migraine coz of thinking too much. There are times you just get into that "thinking loop" or you zone out and gets into the cycle of questioning things endlessly without getting an answer. My INTJ cousin would tell me to snap it lol 'coz she thinks there are things that shouldn't even think about like when I asked her what would the ancient people think of us today if ever they were able to get a glimpse of the future.. which is our now. ^^