Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No, are you crazy?!!

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • I couldn't care less.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I'm not too sure what is going on.

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
Somehow, I can't help being really happy about what's going on. In a "at last you got it back in your face" kind of way. I guess my hate of capitalism and human greed explains it.

This said, it's obviously the poorest who will suffer the most, and that makes me feel somewhat uneasy regarding my vindictive joy. But I just can't help it!!!!

I don't think it'll solve much of anything, to be honest. We've had a Great Depression before, and that didn't stop the world from becoming what it is now. What we need is a mental/emotional awakening; we need people to realize the importance of compassion and good relations, especially with the population increasing the way it is...
And like it was said, the poor will be more affected. Not necessarily the best way to have to world realize its faults. It would be more of a quick way out than anything...

Growing up, my grandmother came to live with us. She had lived through the depression. I can not say that I am even slightly interested - despite my sort of ethereal attachment to this world and my philosophical curiosity - to experience a fraction of the life she described to me. People starved in the depression. People died from exposure. Violent crime was widespread.

So no. No I do not want another great depression. Not for me, not for my children. I don't want to live in a refrigerator box.

I would like to think an economic crash might derail the trends of globalization and make people more aware of the non-material world. The U.S. has been too material driven so if people have to scale back there may be benefits, families cooking and eating together, etc. Also, it may lessen some of the arrogance that was in the air prior to the crash. However, I do not want people to suffer needlessly.

Or not. I don't think our society really learned much from the first one.

I don't know if that applies in this situation. I mean, it seems like we actually have more idiots than before.

It does seem like there are more idiots. Lately I debate with myself whether there are really truly more of them, or if they just have a greater voice than before. Anyone can really write a blog or post something online, previously the channels of information were more regulated. Of course, I think there is a general shift in American society towards superficiality and instantanious gratification, both of which fuel excessive buying.