Do you think INFJs are more intense than INFPs? | INFJ Forum

Do you think INFJs are more intense than INFPs?

C

Confused Mind

Not that either is bad or good. I've noticed that I like to talk a lot and sometimes, end up blurting out what's on my mind in classroom situations. It makes me come off as opinionated but, in reality, I just love to bounce ideas off of other people to have a further understanding of a topic (like integrating several different viewpoints). The 2-3 INFPs i know seem really calm, collected, quiet, and EXTRA reserved. I can sense that I'm a bit too intense for them. Out of mere curiosity, do you guys experience this with INFP interaction?

INFJs are definitely more intense than INFPs... sexually anyway. I've had the pleasure of an INFJ just before I left brisbane, and since then I've had the pleasure of a few INFP girls on holidays to melbourne. The INFPs treated sex like a really fun game, the INFJs were highly focused...

This is true even in conversation. I've had some very very great conversations with an INFJ girl in brisbane (different one), and they always seemed like a train on a railway line you've never been on before... you don't know where it's going, but it's definitely going there and nowhere else... The INFPs I've talked to online and off were like me, drifters in reality.

That sounds fun!

haha nice, there's another subtle difference between NFP and INFJ for anyone still trying to figuring it out. It took me a long time for me to figure out that that I was a J due to my total lack of external organization and dislike of rigidly structured plans.

Last edited by a moderator:
INFJs are definitely more intense than INFPs... sexually anyway. I've had the pleasure of an INFJ just before I left brisbane, and since then I've had the pleasure of a few INFP girls on holidays to melbourne. The INFPs treated sex like a really fun game, the INFJs were highly focused...

This is true even in conversation. I've had some very very great conversations with an INFJ girl in brisbane (different one), and they always seemed like a train on a railway line you've never been on before... you don't know where it's going, but it's definitely going there and nowhere else... The INFPs I've talked to online and off were like me, drifters in reality.
Yep, that definitely sounds like me, though I never know where the train is going either. lol

(and aside from the fact that I've never had sex before....)

haha nice, there's another subtle difference between NFP and INFJ for anyone still trying to figuring it out. It took me a long time for me to figure out that that I was a J due to my total lack of external organization and dislike of rigidly structured plans.

Hmm... Hadn't thought of that. I tend to feel safe within some semblance of organization, but I'm almost incapable of creating organization myself. But, i definitely hate rigidly structured plans... some structure does help, to create helpful guidelines for my unstructured mind, but I always do the same thing differently each time, so too much structure is very very bad for me.

As far as intensity goes... my I/e preference is very close, so i can be extremely bubbly at times, talking to everyone i see. I've always had the problem of speaking up too much in class, which embarrasses me somewhat, because I'm usually the only student willing to contribute in class, and i feel like others thing I'm trying to be a know-it-all.
My INFJ b/f has very well thought through opinions about things, some of which i would love for him to express to others, but he never lets on that he has an idea until much later when it's just me and him talking. I just can't get the guy to speak up in groups!!!

That could be because maybe no one there would understand his view point. You may be the one he likes to talk to. If he is like myself I won't just start running my mouth I will absorb the conversation and then if I feel like adding I will. If I feel like I am with people who will not like what I have to say I just clam up and speak only when spoken to. But still look like I am involved in the conversation while I have another conversation with myself about what's going on around me. I would consider myself a passionate person but only for things I care about. I have been known to say things that make others uncomfortable. But that is only because they were lying to me. I got a real problem with liars can't stand them. And yet I have been one in my life! Talk about your contradictions! I think thats the Idealist in me. At times I want perfect order within total chaos. Figure that one out lol..

According to this thread, I'm more INFJ. ;-) Definitely intense, and definitely not feeling at home in this sense among the INFPs.

Hmm... Hadn't thought of that. I tend to feel safe within some semblance of organization, but I'm almost incapable of creating organization myself. But, i definitely hate rigidly structured plans... some structure does help, to create helpful guidelines for my unstructured mind, but I always do the same thing differently each time, so too much structure is very very bad for me.

As far as intensity goes... my I/e preference is very close, so i can be extremely bubbly at times, talking to everyone i see. I've always had the problem of speaking up too much in class, which embarrasses me somewhat, because I'm usually the only student willing to contribute in class, and i feel like others thing I'm trying to be a know-it-all.
My INFJ b/f has very well thought through opinions about things, some of which i would love for him to express to others, but he never lets on that he has an idea until much later when it's just me and him talking. I just can't get the guy to speak up in groups!!!

I'm a lot more like this, as well. Most of the time, unless I am truly comfortable, I won't speak up in a group. But I have had that problem where I am having such an intense discussion in my head that I blurt out random stuff and confuse everyone . . . does that count? I like to bounce ideas off of people I think will understand them. When those people aren't around, random leakage occurs.

I'm a lot more like this, as well. Most of the time, unless I am truly comfortable, I won't speak up in a group. But I have had that problem where I am having such an intense discussion in my head that I blurt out random stuff and confuse everyone . . . does that count? I like to bounce ideas off of people I think will understand them. When those people aren't around, random leakage occurs.
haha yea that applies. The only difference between you and me is that I also blurt out random responses to what others say in class w/o meaning to...oops.

INFPs' adaptable, go with the flow attitude exudes more easygoing vibes and from my experience they’re more approachable while I always appear intense in that stoned, solemn and serious way. The INFP I know has a dreamy aura while the purpose of my rigid demeanour tries not to leak imploded neurotic...stuff.

Once INFPs confide their deeper feelings and convictions though, the intensity of their earthquake-esque Fi isn't at all any more subdued than passionately raving INFJs I wouldn't think?

In class and in groups I'm pretty much trapped within my inhibitions. One on one is my zone.

haha yea that applies. The only difference between you and me is that I also blurt out random responses to what others say in class w/o meaning to...oops.

I just mentioned this in another thread, but I also have the tendency to laugh out loud to my own internal jokes . . . things no one else would understand or appreciate . . .

I just mentioned this in another thread, but I also have the tendency to laugh out loud to my own internal jokes . . . things no one else would understand or appreciate . . .

Sorry... my bad! I can totally relate. People are like "wtf, why is she laughing...? I just said that my grandmother died." What more is there to say...INFJs are just odd beings.:bounce:

Last edited by a moderator:
INFPs' adaptable, go with the flow attitude exudes more easygoing vibes and from my experience they’re more approachable while I always appear intense in that stoned, solemn and serious way. The INFP I know has a dreamy aura while the purpose of my rigid demeanour tries not to leak imploded neurotic...stuff.

Once INFPs confide their deeper feelings and convictions though, the intensity of their earthquake-esque Fi isn't at all any more subdued than passionately raving INFJs I wouldn't think?

In class and in groups I'm pretty much trapped within my inhibitions. One on one is my zone.

This definitely describes my interactions with the INFPs. They are so fun and laidback. On the A-B type temperament thing, they're like a C.

yea, i am very opinionated.. but i try to have an open mind

once an idea gets cemented in my opinion though, i'm hard pressed to change it any other way...

and yea, i will (sometimes bluntly) blurt out what is on my mind...

yea, i am very opinionated.. but i try to have an open mind

once an idea gets cemented in my opinion though, i'm hard pressed to change it any other way...

and yea, i will (sometimes bluntly) blurt out what is on my mind...
That's good to know that I'm not the only INFJ that can be blunt (only on certain things). I always thought that bluntness somewhat contradicted the Fe, haha.

Ohhhh Ho HO!!! You should have seen Kwistalline sometimes when we were growing up.... she once got into a 'discussion' with a museum guide about creation vs. evolution...

And then, of course, when she's down to the last straw and everyone has finally made her mad with frustration.... she breathes out so much fire everyone incinerates! (just kidding... it's really not that bad)